Sixers33
Years ago

Sixers Sale thread

another sixers33 thread i know i know...

BUT news is starting to come out and i suspect much more will come out.

They have 5 bidders currently. They choose 4 to ask to put in a full proposal. MVP has bidded. The Sixers are expected to sell for $2 million. Most here we did know but more should come out tomorrow and in the next few weeks. They say that the winning bidder will be announced in about 2 weeks. Ofcourse these things extend alot. Any know how many INTERSTATE bidders?

Topic #7561 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers 33, where did you hear this, you are a fair way off.

Reply #84935 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

channel 7

(not that they are right)

Reply #84936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think what they mean is that the whole thing will go for less then 2 million.

All 3 of them are Black Holes. Especially the Sixers and the Dome. I would be surprised if anyone buys them at all as they are just taking on the Government/BASA's liabilities.

Reply #84937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Interstate Bidders.

Reply #84938 | Report this post

Bruce N  
Years ago

ABC radio news this morning reported that Paul Bell's MVP group were leading candidates to buy the Sixers. In an interview Paul seemed to indicate that the Sixers would play out of the Ent Centre.
2 groups had expressed interest in the DHD one being a Church Group (Paradise Community?)
Have been unable to verify any of this on the ABC website.

Reply #84939 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Sixers will not play at the Ent Cent next year.

Have heard a few suprise names thrown around that would be alot stronger than MVP bid from a business point of view.

Just hope that people with the game at heart end up with both teams.

Reply #84942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP want the dome but if its sold to someone else and they get the team they are going to have to play somewhere arent they, ent centre could be only option if the new owners of the dome or land dont want bball there

Reply #84943 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

who told you that there aren't any interstate bidders?

Also, what are the other names being thrown around?

Reply #84944 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

so what did he actually say?

He WANTS to play at the EC or whatanon just said about MVP wanting the Dome?

Reply #84945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They would have to be the best bidder from a basketball point of view with their basketball backgrounds etc

Reply #84946 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sixers33 - You seem to ask a lot of questions but never really give your opinion on any matter.

Who would you like to see purchase the Sixers?
You seem to be pleased everytime you see someone else who is going to buy them. (apart from port adelaide)
Would you prefer? MVP? Pickard? The Crows? Someone else?
Does it make any difference at all to you who does buy it?
What are your thoughts?

Reply #84947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers WILL play at the Dome in the upcoming NBL season. The interim controller Bruce Carter has attached this as a pre-requisite to the sale in the last couple of days.

Reply #84948 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

skip - You'll have to wait until Sixers33 speaks to some people on OzHoops and sees a few more news reports until he decides who he wants to own the Sixers...

And whoever does come up with the winning buyout package will be his favourite.

Reply #84951 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

that's not true Kev.

1 Crows (obviously won't happen)
2 Pickard (Doubtful to happen)
3 MVP Sports (This is the one)
4 who ever else.

To give my opinion i want to know the details first.

Reply #84957 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

So if you dont really have an opinion why do you start Topics about it. This is the 2nd or 3rd one you have made?!?

Reply #84961 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i have an opinion!

Reply #84964 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

So what is?

Who would you like to see buy the Sixers? Why?

Does it really matter to you who does buy them? Why?

Come on Sixers33! Prove to everyone your not just a little kid wih no mind of your own!!!

Reply #84966 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Onya skip

Reply #84969 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

while some may think he is a pain atleast he is a passionate fan, lets not knock him too much

Reply #84971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard the ABC news, MVP said if they could not play out of the dome then they would look at playing out of the EC.

Reply #84979 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I am not knocking Sixers33. I am simply trying to encourage him to contribute some more quality rather than quantity.

Reply #84980 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

And more of his own opinions rather than just questioning to see what everyone else has to say.

Reply #84986 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

fair enough

Reply #84994 | Report this post

Suspicious  
Years ago

How does anyone know that sixers33 is a guy? I think this 'poster' could be a girl in her 20's

Reply #85005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares male or female they are annoying

Reply #85009 | Report this post

Suspicious  
Years ago

Just kidding, not sure they know I know though, but I know exactly who it is!

Reply #85013 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i'm a male

and i;m not that annoying. If you people stopped having a go at me including issac, then i would be less annoying and post a little less. Or choose my posts mroe carefully.

Reply #85017 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Sixers33 - let me confirm it for you - you are annoying!

Reply #85021 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Sixer33,

You reap what you sow.

Reply #85022 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

"i'm a male

and i;m not that annoying. If you people stopped having a go at me including issac, then i would be less annoying and post a little less. Or choose my posts mroe carefully. "

Maybe spelling his name right would be a good start, it's Isaac. People who are annoying never know they are annoying.

If no-one said anything or no-one "had a go" at you, you'd be posting more, not less, don't blame other posters for your superfluous posts.

Reply #85025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers33, sorry, but you are obviously annoying people and doing nothing to change that. Think before you post and maybe people wouldn't have such a problem.

Reply #85027 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

well first people could stop being mean to me. I can take a joke but now 3-4 threads. That is ridiculous.

I like this forum and get information i would not have known and want to continue but why do i have to take the crap from people. i ddon't have a go at them. They could just tell me whats wrong without having to get a laugh from taking away my dignity. Please people stop it. How many times do i have to ask???

Why can't people change their attitude towards me?

Reply #85053 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dry your eyes princess.....

Reply #85055 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

another one.

And i am not a GIRL!

Reply #85057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about posting under a different name and start fresh.

Reply #85061 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

It's just that you're at the top of the Forum's Starting 5 Leaderboard for most replies in the last 7 days... so everyone's jealous of you.

Reply #85062 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i don't know about a different name....

Reply #85070 | Report this post

wernt we supposed to be talkin about sixers... :oP

Reply #85087 | Report this post

Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard as when I read the second half of this thread. Pure gold.

Sixers33, don't change your alias or your style. Keep up the good work, son. You're terrific comedic value... one of those people that others like to laugh at. Put it this way, you make others feel better and less insecure about themselves every time you post. You are doing your little bit for humanity and for that I salute you.

Reply #85859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754