bik
Years ago

how fair is selection?

with nationals less than a week away how can an injured player who hasnt played all year come in to train only a week ago? has our state policy changed to allow an injured player all the graces to sit out training and wait to just come in at the last minute when the rest of the squad & reserves have flogged their butts for months? dont blame the player but what are coaches thinking about & you have to question match fitness and what sort of court time will he be looking at.

Topic #7777 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So you missed out did you?

Reply #87137 | Report this post

Axe man  
Years ago

It does not seem fair, yet again im sure who ever this injured player is; they obviously bring somthing to the squad that the coaching staff can see.

I am sure they want the best squad possible.

Reply #87139 | Report this post

heat  
Years ago

Obviously a bitter parent or family member because their son didn't get in. Give it up, the coach knows what type of players he wants in his team! And by the looks of it, the norwood boy fitted the team better than others!
It may seem unfair sometimes, but thats life. U/18's nationals isn't the be all and end all anyways.

Reply #87146 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Fair? Any selection process requires subjective assessment and judgement from start to finish. No one ever promised that it was going to be fair.

Its the same with court time at club level. Learn what the coach is looking for, learn how the system works and work within it. If you don't make it - bad luck.

Reply #87148 | Report this post

bik  
Years ago

sorry heat but i am not a bitter parent or family member and sturty6ers i didn't miss out so perhaps you work it out! just concerned with running an injured player the nationals are too important to go with past reputation. nothing against the player either when fit he can be valuable but at the moment he can't prove himself when others can.

Reply #87260 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

does anyone know where i can find a draw with times of games so i know when i can get out to support the SA sides, surely a fixture would be out by now wouldnt it?

Reply #87337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nat2.basketball.net.au/_uploads/res/397_29285.pdf

Reply #87340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754