Lion Supporter
Years ago

Centrals ABA Coaching Jobs Vacant???

I see advertised in the Hang Time on the weekend that both Centrals Women's and Men's ABA Coaching jobs are up for grabs for next season? I think Kylie has done a good job, if Louise and Jae come back next year (which I hear they are) and they can add a couple of quality players the team would be much more competitive. The Men's team seem to be having too many injuries to be consistent this year and maybe that has got Ricky frustrated or maybe he has just had enough.

Opportunities to coach ABA Teams don't come around that often, it will be interesting to see who takes the reins.

Topic #7860 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough to put your hand up for it when you dont even know if the club will be around next year.

Reply #87972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that the ABA's least successful club puts the word out for a new coach on Hoops rather than trying to get the right people for the job.
There should be approaching potential coaches themselves and make it attractive for them to join the Lions.
More professionalism will bring more success, but it looks a long way off from here!

Reply #87974 | Report this post

GeoffT  
Years ago

I'm not a Central's person, but would consider your criticism a little harsh.
In business it is common practise to advertise a vacancy, & also be approaching potential candidates. Unless you "throw the net" you never know what you are going to catch.
Another reason is that it would be improper for centrals to approach anyone currently in a coaching role. But if they applied after reading the advertisement it is a different story.

Reply #87977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From here??? Where is here??? mmm I wonder...

Its very professional to advertise vacant positions, see who applies, as well as target people. I would expect whoever gets this role would be targetted but at least it will be an exhaustive process to find the coaches.

Im also not so sure the above post came from the club as you put it.

Reply #87978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

87974, both the points you make are worthless. Maybe you should post something more worthwhile next time??

Reply #87979 | Report this post

Lion Supporter  
Years ago

Anonymous, 87974, I was not advertising the ABA Coaching job (that was done in the Hang Time) I was simply informing the people who read this forum and that maybe interested in what is happening in the local ABA conference and don't get to ABA games.

I should of known that any post of this nature was going to attract negative comments from people like you and I have no doubt others will follow because people like you live for this. Go your hardest it will put some pleasure in your small life.

Reply #87980 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

It's often a requirement of a club's constitution that they advertise the coaching positions each year.

Reply #87981 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It is obvious to everyone but the anonymous poster that what the Lions have done is the correct thing.
Are they just putting their feelers out or has Ricky actually stated that he doesn't want to do it anymore?
Ricky has been very unlucky this year but you would still have to say that last year they somewhat underperformed.
I wonder if the big man Scotty Whitmore will put his hand up???
Would be a very good option for the Lions.

Reply #87985 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Anonymous

How do you know that Centrals wont be around next year.

I'm over in Israel at the moment and we do not get many hang time booklets here, so it is good to see someone posting about Basketball issues.

Reply #87986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only certain thing about which clubs will / will not be in the competition, mergers, the competition structure or who is running it is that everything is uncertain in basketball right now mustafah. Until BSA give some clear direction this will remain the case.

Reply #87987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't see ANY Clubs merging, surely it would be better for basketball to have more clubs, the better catchment areas and MORE opportunites for kids to be involved at grass root level.

Reply #88042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754