Ummm.....
Years ago

Court Announcers

Every week during the season we got to give John Lawrence so much, just for being John.

Well since its finals, and Woodville started 'Mad Monday' a little early, I went out to watch the Sturt Forestville game. Wonderful game and all, but the bloke on the mic.... No John Lawrence. Actually the opposite. Everybody gets into John, well next Sturt game i go to i'll make sure i bring a pillow and a blanket, cos that bloke put me to sleep. Hell, when Daniel came down after that heavy foul he was louder then the announcer, and seemed to have a little bit more knowledge then that bloke. Honestly, it can't be that hard can it?

Maybe get Daniel to take his job....

Topic #8277 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been told by a reliable source that Dale Fletcher will be announcing the two games on Saturday night.

Reply #92442 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Is Dale the next best announcer in Adelaide??? I've heard Dale before and he's ok, just lacks a little flair. Apparently Dale got chosen ahead of John Lawrence to do the West women's final. That seems to put John behind Dale.

Is there anyone who is capable of taking the next step to WNBL or NBL?

Reply #92455 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

bonz makes an awesome announcer

Reply #92463 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Thanks Tony!

(cheque's in the mail!)

Reply #92468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go daniel!!! what a champ.

Reply #92528 | Report this post

Well I was at every home game for woodville i think John is up to NBL standard. I don't know if he reads out stats at halftime, but his pre game introductions are very good. he's far better than the Sturt guy for example

Reply #92586 | Report this post

aj  
Years ago

u guys obviously dont head down to morphett vale enough. heard some good things about the tigers announcer. all he needs is a massive home crowd behind him then that place would be pumpin every game!

Reply #92628 | Report this post

Aloha  
Years ago

Yeah Allan Browne Down At the Tiger Cage Is Really Good He Has Flair And Really Gets Into It. Well Done This Season Allan!!!!

Reply #92709 | Report this post

maceweb  
Years ago

Would have to agree allan does a great job at every game he calls. Nice fella too.

Reply #92726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754