Isaac
Years ago

Set up for life thanks to the NBA

Here's a story that I can't remember having seen on here before. It's about the Silna brothers who, because of a deal with the NBA done in the Seventies, are absolutely raking in the cash with no effort required.

How much? US$100m in the last 25 years, including US$50m in the last four years. They may make as much as US$24m per year for the next few years, and it doesn't end.

Their deal is for the lifetime of the NBA and a cut of every television contract signed and despite a lot of expensive legal attention, the deal appears watertight.

It's a pretty convoluted story, so I'll point you to the ESPN site:

Spirit of ABA deal lives on for Silna brothers

Topic #8290 | Report this topic

Glen  
Years ago

Awesome story - I think all business owners hope to score a deal such as this - albeit on a far smaller scale.

Reply #92669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754