Anonymous
Years ago

Sturt coaches 06/07

Has anyone heard who will be coaching Sturt girls 06/07?

Topic #8646 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nope!

Reply #96800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No..... not as yet.

Reply #96804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mesecke

Reply #96810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#96810)Gold, Jerry, Gold.

Reply #96839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

G16's 1, Knight, G162's Beaumont, and the big M G18's

Reply #96840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Sturt's coaching rotation policy, wouldnt the boys group look something like this??

Nyberg 12s
Humphreys 14s ??
Rigoni 16s
Gliddon 18s

Reply #96844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nailed the boys coaches in one.
Missed on the girls though.

Reply #96850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nyberg... whoops!!

Reply #96855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whos the 20's mens coach(s)?

Reply #96882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that true knights doin div1 ??
wat is monz doing ?/

Reply #96888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you mean Steve Knights...the sturt hater of the 90's!!

Reply #96890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that true knights doin div1 ??
wat is monz doing ?/

Reply #96891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# 96840, There is absolutley no truth in that satement, Steve is not doing u16G at Sturt.

Reply #97019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe wes knights!

Reply #97032 | Report this post

Struth  
Years ago

How about the Girls 14's 1,2 & 3? Any news on who is coaching them.

Reply #97033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Wes Knights, sorry lives in Darwin, would be nice to see him back in SA though.

Another coach SOUTHERN showed NO loyality to at all.

Reply #97066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have NO idea 97066....

Reply #97074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern show only loyalty to committee members.

Reply #97098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did a sturt thread become another southern bashfest?

Reply #97118 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

What about Bob Knight?

Reply #97121 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Nah. I think he's committed to Texas Tech.

Reply #97123 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

How about Sir Paul McCartney? or Sir Elton John? They're both Knights. (technically you could classify Sir Elton as a Queen too.)

Further to this, could Sir Elton be the first Knight to become a Queen?
NO: - He was a Queen before he became a Knight.

Reply #97132 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Checkmate?

Reply #97151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard kathrine is staying an steve knight is assitant ?

Reply #99721 | Report this post

oracle  
Years ago

sturt u16 G coaching line up

katherine mcphail
monique bowley
wayne beaumont
kym macdonald

that would be the stongest / most experienced girls age group coaching team around town - all quality coaches

Reply #99726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what bout steve knight ?
is he assitant ?

Reply #99782 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

re oracle 6/10

Katherine McPhail? - if you are suggesting she is part of the strongest line-up - you must be having a lend of us.

Reply #100122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't she any good.. I tell you one thing, she will have a great team to work with.

Reply #100149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is balfour coaching any team?

Reply #100153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why isnt she gd (#100122)who has had problems with her?

Reply #100221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One pathetic anonymous parent who is known to all at Sturt.

Reply #100222 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

I've heard that Damien E will be coaching Sturt Girls U14 Div 3 this season and that Sid F will not be coaching at all! What is going on and who will be taking the Girls U14 Div 2"s??? Does anyone know?

Reply #100408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well wouldnt jason be doing it ?
damian is doing u/14 div3 because is daughter is playin in that grade

Reply #100411 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

But is he? Still no news on who is coaching the Div 2's who knows

Reply #100438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na dont no

Reply #100592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

welll it was there yesterday at the training

Reply #101422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul mesecke im sure is doing the other div 2 team

Reply #101918 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

So Paul Mesecke hey. He's also doing the Girls U18 isn't he? Is this yet another case of second year div 2's at Sturt that won't be in Div 1 this year or next so don't worry about them? Seems the case to me.

Reply #101949 | Report this post

Upandatem  
Years ago

Message for 100222. Not 1 pathetic parent, more like at least 7!! (They all must be wrong hey?)

Reply #101977 | Report this post

H  
Years ago

message to 101977, only 1 pethetic enough to but that crap on a forum and not talk to the coach about it. Would have thought if they had a problem they should contact thier coaching director about it and not discuss it amongst other parents, kids, and coaches nor a public forum. Its funny how sometimes these things come back to bite you (or you kid) in the future.

Reply #101994 | Report this post

Upandatem  
Years ago

From what I heard parents weren't happy previous year and same ones complained and spoke up this year. Thought about a move but quite happy to stay an Eagle thanks.

Reply #102000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re 101994

'its funny how sometimes these things come back to bite you (or your kid)in the future'

-sounds like a thinly veiled threat.

Are you meaning 'put up or shut up'?

Reply #102001 | Report this post

H  
Years ago

Just saying it can be more detrimental to make some of the coments that have been flying around then keep them in house. Whether the coach is right or wrong, or the parent is right or wrong the word gets around bball very quickly and can cause angst amongst persons and you would prefer not to have this around kids. Definately dont "put up", but talk to the right people ie the coach involved or the JCD.

Reply #102060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issues with coaches rarely can be solved with a parent/coach heart to heart. In most cases coaches take the 'I'm the expert' and the inequity in power leaves all but the basketball savvy parent in the dark.
A coach can blind a parent's concern with a thousand lines a long the lines of, 'team balance', 'developing skills',' needs to have a left hand' etc etc.
JCD/JDO's will support their coach as it's their primary job.However you need to be able to articulate your concerns without peronalising it in writing. Outline your concerns clearly and forthrightly and ask for an 'in writing response' so you can take it all in fully.Remember you are not going to avoid 'coach's favourites'or 'loud and obnoxious coaches' anywhere.
If you are not satisfied with the answers, leave the club. If you can see logic in the response, make your peace with the coach and set about making the rest of your child's basketball enjoyable.
Remember in every club, a lot of parents think their kids get a raw deal in lots of ways, 'court time wise','positions they play', 'envious of the star player who's not as good as your child'and the list is endless. Many of these things are real and hurtful but eventually cream rises if you put it in the right environment.
Club loyalty is a two way street. If your club is not acknowledging the problems and the self-esteem of your child is suffering, drive a bit further and change clubs. But don't do it expecting a bed of roses at the new club. Change because you believe your child will be better off in a new environment.
Lastly, keep the negativity you have for your old club to yourself when you leave and start fresh.

Reply #102086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ref 102086

An excellent response to a common problem

Reply #102093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#102000 - from what you have heard.... so do you believe verything you hear? And make your assumptions from one person telling you their side of the story..? From not being from the club being discusses it sounds like your just stiring the pot and its parents like you that any club would prefer not to have.

Reply #102128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is upandatem an Eagles or Sturt parent? Comparing posts on different threads I think Sturt

Reply #102311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would suggest that winning the State Champs says that a coach has done a reasonable job. Considering all coaches make mistakes in hindsight.

But, perhaps some parents that can't get everything handed to them on a silver platter should realize that it is the effort that their kids put in that is improtant.

anon #102001

People need to understand that there are an decreasing number of coaches willing to put their time and effort into coaching players becasue of parents who continually complain while doing nothing to help their club. All coaches volunteer their time and should not be forced to deal with ignorant paretns who complain becasue their kid hasn't developed. Maybe they should look at why some players in teams develop while others do not.

Soon all clubs will be forced to decide upon whether they should keep problem parents and lose coaches or get rid of the parents and their kids. I would suggest that not having coaches is more on an impact on clubs than not having a coulpe of players. That is not a threat, but rather the reality of parents being pains in the arse.

Reply #102404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not 1 pathetic parent, more like at least 7!! "

Actually, it's one parent ringing all the other parents up to stir the pot.

Perhaps he should take his child to his "other" club....

Reply #102541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard there may be another couple of country girls coming down to play for Sturt U14 girls. They seem to have an awful lot in that age group. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Reply #103255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be right.

Lets all go to Sturt as they are good at developing there own.

Not.

Reply #103265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done you knob

Reply #103267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am heavilly critical of Sturt's use of so many country players,(girls 14/16/18) however, I have to ask myself, "how do they get them?"
Obviously promises, but apart from that, they have to be doing something right.
Zones?

Reply #103318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It also means that even the good players that should be given a run in Div 1/2 miss out yet again.

Reply #103320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Are you saying that your child is better than some of the players in div 1 and 2. But are sitting in div 3.

Ask youself why would that happen? Why would a volunteer coach risk losing games and the Grand final by keeping a player in a lower division.

Then go take a long look in the mirror! You might find the answer!!!

Reply #103327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually no my child is in fact in Div 2 maybe you just shouldn't assume someone is talking about their own child.

Reply #103330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be worse Anonymous, Your child might play at Forestville where, in the girls, 14 & 16's, not only country players to contest with, but country state coaches.
When the kids are about even and one's from the country, who do you think might get the nod?
Country kids and parents sacrifice alot to play in the district comp but some are getting a ride at the expense of developing equally talented metro kids.
Im for zoning country areas to spread the talent for the above reasons and to avoid the situation where 5 or 6 country players are in one team.
I know sturt will tell you many of the girls have been together a long time and most train during the week but they still recruit 'country' into teams that are chocka with them.
This is not a go at country players but at the impact too many in a team can have by negatively impeding the development of metro kids who miss out.
It's nonsense to say the div 2/3 kids get to train with div 1 kids and coaches and they develop equally. The better 2's need to play 1's (play not train in div 1).
Wouldn't zoning help ? The country kids wouldnt miss out and neither would the city kids.

Reply #103346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of country kids playing district. Why not do what the Mavs have done in Under 12 Girls for this season.

I have heard they have brought down the whole Murray Bridge Assoc side, coach and all and asked them to play as the Mavs as they could not field an Under 12 side.

Is this fair.

Reply #103350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonomous,

Not last season. And when coaches quit coaching becasue of parents like yourself, who continualy victamise them, what is a club to do then?

I think you might find that fairly soon you might be back in Div 3!!!

Reply #103359 | Report this post

no problems with mavs doing this - they are struggling with girls so if it works ...... fine!

if that is the case - murray bridge will win u12 girls at the sa country junior champs

Reply #103360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And when coaches quit coaching becasue of parents like yourself, who continualy victamise them, what is a club to do then?"
I actually think that Sturt have a fantastic range of coaches and think it is a great loss that they no longer have one of their more vocal coaches but does this mean that the club will victimise the child because the actions of a parent?

Reply #103375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the parent were to do this to a state coach. Yes they may not make the team. Coaches are not paid and therefore should not have to put up with serial complaining parents

Reply #103376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

totally agree #103376, and even more so if a coach has done nothing wrong and is fully competant to coach, to warrent this sort of behaviour.

Reply #103394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This isn't relevant to the topic at all, and I couldn't care less about Sturt, but it is a reply to the anonymous quote:

"does this mean that the club will victimise the child because the actions of a parent?"

It won't be the club victimising the child, it will be YOU, the parent! Why would a coach, who usually coaches for the love of the game, continue to do so if a parent(s) habitually whinge and whine and in doing so remove or reduce his/her love for doing it? It's not a job, you don't get paid, so why do something you get no enjoyment out of?
Why then wouldn't you remove the child from the team, and in doing so remove the troublesome parents that makes your coaching a misery? This would then mean you can gain enjoyment from what you are doing again. Parents shouldn't be suprised if their child ends up paying the consequences for them being unbearable.

Reply #103400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't a club got a duty to see that coaches are all following guidelines and investigate any parent concerns?

Reply #103408 | Report this post

Concerned  
Years ago

Seems that there are few people on here who think they know who it is they are talking to so why don't you talk to them personally then and get it out in the open? I get really tired of everyone airing their opinions about a parent and not having the guts to approach them personally. You may be able to offer them some relevant information that they hadn't thought about.

Instead of whinging about "those" parents why not try to help them sort things out?

Isn't it the kids and the club that will benefit out of it?

Reply #103425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OR

Parents could parent

and let

Coaches coach.

Leave it up to the coaches where your kid plays. If they get better he/she will get their shot. If he/she does not like playing basketball anymore than he/she does not play. If he/she questions why they have not been given a shot in Div 1 than he/she needs to ask the coach what they need to improve on. By under 14s its their job to ask the questions. Your just the parent.

If this type of thing happen in a Vic strong club it would be see ya later and whos the next kid coming up

Reply #103427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #103429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I get really tired of everyone airing their opinions about a parent and not having the guts to approach them personally."

That's hilarious Concerned.
IF the coach would like to approach this parent, how could she? The poster was (not suprisingly) anonymous! She may not know who it is!

You have it backwards.....has the parent "had the guts" to approach the coach personally? Or was his first course of action to come on here and publicly name and bag the coach? If he DID talk to the coach (which he may of), he obviously wasn't happy with the outcome, so he should either (if he elects to leave his child in that environment) accept the route the coach/club is taking and has been explained, or take his child somewhere else where he is happier with what is provided - a choice we all have. The coach didn't come on here and instigate this by bagging parents!!

And you expect friends/colleagues of this coach to sit around and let her publicly and anonymously) be ridiculed? - what you call "whinging" I call supporting a friend/colleague/coach. I'd hope my friends/club would stick up for me if I were in this situation.

Reply #103431 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So the Evil Empire is showing cracks?

Reply #103433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG
Its interesting to watch this thread and see how even the chest beating double blues have in house problems. Whether its coaches or the coaches parents getting on here justying themselves or parents whinging about injustustices of their child or even JD's or whomever coming on as anon and trying to being mediator, or even justify whats happening: its all good stuff. It just proves all clubs have their problems some just like to air it> Good on ya

Reply #103434 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

MMMM See Sturt U14 girls are putting another Div 3 team in so who is coaching them considering Paul is filling in for the Div 2/2 team? Or are they just too nice to tell girls to go elsewhere?

Reply #103934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754