Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs 36ers tonight in Perth

"They've got a big frontline so we need to match it with them," Smyth said. "And it's going to be tough, they're sitting there waiting and we've got to fly in. We've got a big group so we should be able to match them but we don't want fatigue to be a factor.
I don't know about sitting there waiting - while we were playing Sydney here on Wednesday, the 'Cats were playing in Singapore and have had to fly home from there.

While Perth have beaten Singapore where we couldn't, I don't think they have an outstanding roster and I think we can get this one. The 36ers are paying $9 for a win over 10 points which sounded good to me.

Farley has a decent history in Perth so if our guns are firing, hopefully we can get the edge early and hold them off.

Can Nash handle Redhage?

Topic #8766 | Report this topic

Bonz  
Years ago

I'm gunna take your advice Isaac and have a pineapple on the boys at $9!

If they get over the line I'll buy you a Coopers next Friday.

Reply #98488 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Other questions I have Isaac:

Can Paul Rogers shoot a foul shot the same way twice in a row?

Can Scott Fisher outcoach Phil Smyth?

Have those uni students - I think they called themselves the "Uni Loonies", and were the Wildcats' equivalent of the 36ers' Fanatics - graduated yet, or what?

Reply #98489 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'll have a stab at answering your questions, Bo.

1) I think so. He was 5/5 on Wednesday. For the sake of my FNBL team, I hope so.

2) Probably not, but only because I think Double Clutch could out-coach Fisher. Smyth just shades him, but only due to Breheny's input.

Unsure on the answer to question 3, maybe they keep paying their uni tuition so they can get concesson Wildcats tickets?

Reply #98503 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thanks HA.

Rogers 5/5 from the free throw line? Forget anyone else's performances, after that he's a lock for the Player of the Week.

A friend of mine (thanks Solid Gold if you're still reading) once observed he never shoots his foul shots the same way twice in a row: one time he'll snap his wrist, next time he won't. One time it will be flat, next it will be loopy.

It's an observation which is dead-on and it means normally it's an absolute lottery each time he's at the line.

But if he's making 5/5, then the world will soon be ending.

PS Anyone else notice in the Sydney box score in today's Tiser that Adelaide's only block was given to "Cattalini"? If only.

Reply #98521 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If the Willie from the first 3 quarters against Sydney turns up we are stuffed - if he pulls his finger out and decides to have a redhot go anything is possible!
I can see Coops and Wheels needing all their fouls tonight and this could be a deciding factor down the stretch....Ive picked Perth in my tips but hope Im wrong!

Reply #98522 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Wildcats still have radio coverage of their home games?

Reply #98538 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

"And it's going to be tough, they're sitting there waiting and we've got to fly in. We've got a big group so we should be able to match them but we don't want fatigue to be a factor."

the pessimist in me just reads that as a ready made excuse when they lose

Reply #98542 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Isaac,

where did you get those odds ?

-you can e mail me if you dont want to name the group online.

Thanks

Reply #98556 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

that was going to be my question also! can you link me a site that displays the NBL odds?

Reply #98557 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

My Fox guide says TBA v TBA for coverage of game tonight. Does anyone know which game will be televised.

Reply #98571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Head to centrebet.com.au. Look for Basketball in the sidebar, and then select boxes to show some of the more exotic betting options.

e.g., Kwest and I both have money on Farley top scoring. I have bets on Copeland outshooting Crawford, Redhage scoring more than 23 pts, etc, etc.

If enough people are interested, I will create a Betting category for anyone that wants to talk about good odds, what bets they have on, disastrous bets, etc.

I obviously don't want to promote problem gambling, but a few small bets on these sort of exotics can make the games more interesting!

Reply #98576 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Dont know where the Tiser got Cattalini from - he sure as blazes wasnt on any of the boxscores we sent out!!!

Reply #98581 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Tonights Foxtel game is Kings vs Dragons - Live from Canberra, will be interesting to see if this move pays off for the Kings - I believe they are playing 4 games there this season?

Always interested in a punt, but dont think it requires its own forum category, I think the weekly betting post is doing the job at the moment.

Reply #98592 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

patto - its Kings v Dragons I believe

Reply #98597 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

Thanx lockstock. That makes it hard to know who to barrack for. Should be a half decent game though.

Reply #98616 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Cats by 20...think about next game.

Reply #98618 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

We performed quite well against them last fortnight but I expect to see a totally different Perth here. Either way I think it will go down to the wire. A margin of 5 of less.

Reply #98622 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Found the radio coverage unfortunately they are covring a-league.

Reply #98630 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

NBL Live Scoring - Livescoring for this NBL game is set to commence at approximately 7:40pm local time

NBL Website - Wildcats v 36ers, 7:00PM AWST

Wildcats Website - Next game in 4 Days, 21 Hours, 55 Mins....

It ticked over a few hours ago.

Can someone get the tipoff time right?

Reply #98654 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

Perth was pretty good..
few observations i was there tonight.

For perth
Rogers is in magnaficent physical shape nowdays. he has the agility now to getup the court now with the more agile and versatile big men like horvath.

Redhage: this guy is so smooth is scary. he just creeps on people with his production. noone on the 6ers bigmen brigade comes close to redhage . how the breakers sacked him is a myth..

Ronaldson ala rogers looks fit and is showing it. his interior defense is phenominal. he can play for another good 3 to 4 years. he'll be a wildcat for another 3 years...

Brooks is a abslout keeper. he can score, pass, rebound and is a lockdown defender. he tore farley apart on defense. took farley and when on maher out of the game.

Crawford is still a damn good offensive player when he gets his act together.

For Adelaide.
Ng.. i like this kid. not afraid to shoot the ball. not to mention he has a sweet shot on him to

Copeland still is a pretty slick mover. not what he used to be, but he can still have those 8 to 16 minutes where he'll go off.

Maher looked like he might be carrying an injury. he just was'nt the real maher tonight

Farley was schooled by brooks. brooks for me might win the leagues best defensive player. he is that good.

AJ: was dissapointed with his game. so much potential yet so little output.

All in all, perth is 3-0 and with another home game comingup. there a serious threat for the title..there depth is pretty damn impressive.

Reply #98722 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Adelaide coach Phil Smyth blamed his team's recent heavy travel schedule, which included trips to Singapore, Wollongong and Perth, for the big loss.

"(When you play) four games in 10 days and one's in a different country and the three others in different states you say 'well, not going to expect much more than that'," Smyth said.

Sorry Phil we DO Expect more than that

Reply #98735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754