skip
Years ago

Whats with Jacob Holmes??

Just where has his Preseason from gone? Was shooting the lights out a few weeks ago.

The Dragons have now played 2 games.
He has played 71 minutes for a total of
10 points at 15%
0/8 from outside.
Only 13 boards
and he fouled out in his first game.

Especially with Heal a no show for the opening games, I would have thought this would really be the time for him to put his hand up.

I have in in my starting 5 in sportal. By my calculations he is currently on -4 points!

From people who have seen the Dragons/Breakers game on Fox. What are your thoughts?

Topic #8785 | Report this topic

Lockie  
Years ago

He is playing very poor at the moment. I don't think he knows his place in the team and maybe is a little bit lost without their leader on the court in Shane Heal.

Reply #98758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is overrated and now it is starting to show. I think Adelaide fans can breathe a sigh of relief now because he wouldn't have brought you guys anything to the table anyway. Just as he will do with the Dragons. Flat jumpshot, cant beat anyone off the dribble, always trying to back his opponent down, he has got to realise that he is not playing with the Eastern Mavericks.

Reply #98760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sick as a dog in the 1st game v NZ and shouldn't have played, played like shit obviously against the Kings. Will be fine with Heal in the line-up as suggested.
As for breathing a sigh of relief 98760, he is just 23 and is finally being coached. Will play for the Boomers and play for someone other than us for the next 12 years. Lets see your opinion in 2 or 3 years when him and every other young Adelaide boy is playing against us and kicking our arse.

Reply #98770 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I seem to recall Jacob's form going along the same lines when he was playing for Adelaide too. Ecxellent form in the pre-season, but not so hot once the NBL season started. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still a fan of his - even if he did go across the border.

Reply #98779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holmes has his flaws and has his critics, but to write him off as overrated is wrong, IMO.

I would suggest that the viewpoint of #98770 is worth heeding.

What I think happens is that he excels in the slightly more relaxed pre-season environment, but then resorts to those forced shots come pressure time. It won't happen all season.

Last year, he had some quality stats played behind three stars.

Don't forget his game in Hunter - 20 points, 18 rebounds and 6 assists without a single turnover. Or 17, 15 and 9 against the Pigs in that one-point win.

He defends, he has stamina, and I don't think he gives up.

I wouldn't be at all unhappy were he kept at the 36ers this year.

Reply #98787 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Great post Isaac, Jacob has flores in his game but his has great heart, something that is sorely missing in the current sixers lineup, he is a huge loss, best interior defender and easily the best rebounder. We've got plenty of guys who can shoot the ball better than Jacob, but are they better players, I think not.

Reply #98831 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yes jacobs a loss, hope his season turns around, and he can develop further,

Reply #98841 | Report this post

moose  
Years ago

I too had heard that he had been sick in the week before the NZ game.
Probably still recovering although I don't think that shooting fadeaways was the way to get your game going again.
He was better at the end of the Kings game with a couple of moves to the basket. If he had tried attacking the basket from the beginning who knows how he might have done.

Reply #98880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if jacobs head wasn't so big, and he concentrated more time on his team mates and his coach for support, instead of on himself, he might have a more consistant season. The Mavricks have the potential to be an unstoppable team. Though, they first have to learn to play as a team.

kind Regards

PJ Artstrong ACB Assitant
basketball Canada

Reply #98929 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

He is Just that bad so it is expected

Reply #98971 | Report this post

keven billy  
Years ago

wHy dO YoU LiKe PlAyInG bAsKeTbAlL???

Reply #180552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754