Skyhook
Years ago

Tonights match-ups

Mackinnon - Mastro
Ere - Willie ??
Black - Hill
Dusty - Horvath
Boucher - Nash ?

Is Bradtke back tonight ? If so run Wheeler and Coops at him and let Horvath keep Dusty honest.

To me it would make sense to let Sutton have a run . He is a stronger ball handler than Darren and given that this game is probably out of our reach without Brett Maher on court - give him some game time.
Or do they do something really unconventional and call back Gower to get stuck into some of the bigger bodies that Brisbane has and let Hill and Copeland handle the ball all night ?
Gower's hustle has been something positive for us when called up.

Your thoughts?

Topic #8942 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

My thought is that you've left CJ Bruton off their list of players :).

There's no way Dusty will play on Horvath, IMO. I think Mackinnon will get that job, and Tragardh when he gets on. Dusty will get whoever they deem to be least dangerous, which is likely to be either Nash or Wheeler to begin with. They'll be giving up height, but I imagine will try to nullify that by playing a quick, up-tempo game.

So assuming Darren plays, this is roughly how I think they'll match up :

CJ - Ng
Ere - Farley
Boucher - Nash
Mackinnon - Horvath
Rychart - Wheeler

That's assuming that Black doesn't step into the starting lineup with them going very, very small.

I don't think Bradtke will play. I'd expect both Mackinnon & Boucher to have a shot at Farley if he heats up, and putting Ere on a less damaging player.

Could also see Nash switching onto a more dangerous player, take your pick between Ere, Mackinnon & Dusty... or even CJ or Black if they get hot, after Nash's solid stretch on Groves.

Reply #100844 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No Bradtke. You've forgotten CJ Bruton.

I thought Gower would've been useful against the Hawks as we have no hustle player, but the last thing we need is another person in the rotation.

Reply #100846 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Gower already has some experience in the NBL. I reckon play Sutton. PLaying on CJ Bruton will be a big learning curve for him and give him some experience at the level.....As for Bradtke who knows if he's playing.

Reply #100847 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bradtke is out...toasted.

Reply #100853 | Report this post

Maurice White  
Years ago

I expect to see switching every pick, possibly match up zone for a decent stretch.
Nash will need to guard McKinnon, no one else can match up athletically with him.
Boucher isn't a big scorer so possibly put Farley on him where he can gamble in the lanes and help in the block.
I would put Hill on Ebe Wtf

I would also get the girls to start the first half doing their raunchier numbers and wearing the hotter outfits. We need a good start!!

Reply #100854 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Bradtke not playing. Still in doubt for their Sunday game against the Wildcats too.
Shattered. So many toast jokes are going to waste.

Reply #100857 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

I think that for them Makinon would have to go onto horvath, Free dusty up so he doesn't have to play too much D, Sam mac plays tall too, i think he would be better physically

Reply #100869 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I thought C.J would start on the bench .. didnt he take a knock in the Townsville game ?

Reply #100870 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

CJ- Sutton/Hill
Ere- Farley
Mckinnon- Nash
Dusty- Horvath
Boucher- Wheeler/ Cooper/ Mastro

No Bradtke, and the way they played on Wednesday was "fast and furious", (insert.."cos he kept me out of handcuffs!")so we need to go with a quicker team. We also need someone that can handle the ball and I think Sutton has a lot more poise and a better handle than both Ng and Hill. He's also got a bit of height which will help pass out of trouble.
I think it's going to be a long night for all of the guys but who knows what could happen. Hey, Willie Farley might be replaced with legend Al Green and Al will drop 76 or whatever his record was!!!

Reply #100872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gower???? What the hell are u talking about he couldnt guard nothin. Thats the worst comment ive ever heard.......

Reply #100876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754