Nick
Years ago

9 news with Brooks interview (31 Oct)

Can someone pleaes put the channel nine news 6ers section from 31 oct on the net??

Topic #9200 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Phil said that he wanted KB to succeed him.

Reply #103929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bad move

Reply #103950 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea does anyone know where we could get a online video of it, if at all, or could anyone give a basic run down of what was said, as i missed it aswell, doh

Reply #103953 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Maher won't play for atleast 2 weeks. He could be out for a season.

Brooks was interviewed and he said that he wasn't sure if he wanted to coach and he still has those moments. "There is alot more responsibility in being a coach than a player." Brooks said.

Phil said that he wanted Brooks to be his successor one day, hopefully not yet and that he wanted to create the old days when the Sixers were flying.

Reply #103988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

phil wanting kb to be he successor would never have happended a few yrs back with all the bad blood.
nice to see kb and phil have kissed and made up... its good for basketball and kb would definately bring a new flavour to the 36ers... feels a bit stale atm.

Reply #103999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More Smyth bullshit.
I want KB to succeed me but of course he is going to need several more years under my excellent tutelage first.
All things Smyth have a certain agenda, its just a matter of scratching away at the surface to find out whats really underneath.
The job re-application has begun.

Reply #104001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i predict a new coach next year and KB wont be with the group. Inside word is he doesnt do too much out there, not that he would get the chance, but next coach in line has to be someone that is ready to take this by the throat cos by the end of this year there is going to be a long climb back towards any success

Reply #104007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis has the respect of Newley, Ingles, Holmes and Forman plus being best mates with Maher.
IMO the only option, get Newley back if the NBA doesnt beckon next year, have a crack at getting Holmes and Ingles out of their current contracts or in more likelihood pick them up the year after, and get Kersten back so we have a successor to the captain.

Reply #104009 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maher confirmed at the quiz night that he would not be playing this weekend, but said that he is not necessarily out for the season.

Reply #104015 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Bring in Stacker and have Ninny his assistant.

Reply #104053 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

I second that motion Ken.
Have worked together before and the strong tip from Townsville is Newley will be signing where ever Stacker ends up next year, so if the Sixers want him this is their best option. ther strong mail is that Shensh was looking at becomeing a croc at one point under Stacker so this could equal 2 of 2 that we want!

Reply #104085 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Not sure about Stacker personally, but i probably wouldnt be too upset if we did hire him, if he bought Newley and Schensch with him, then it would be a great move!!
If we were to change coaches my top few choices would be Ninnis, Cal Bruton (hes always an exciting coach), then probably a Stacker or Palmer, or untried guys like Brooks or Sapwell

Reply #104103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754