Spinner
Years ago

Cortez Groves

Anybody know how many more games Groves is going to miss?

Topic #13101 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

None, according to Tez. Last night he told me he should be back for the Bullets game.

Reply #152717 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol at Heal's comments re the athleticism of the Dragons.

" You take Cortez out, and we're very "white" . You look at the rest of us, and we're not athletic players."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22584517-23769,00.html

More excuses, at least he doesn't bring out the same one every time, but this one is a laugh.

Reply #152727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone else wondering why Shane's "white" comment hasnt caused more of an uproar?

Isnt it a little bit of racial stereotyping?

Obviously he didnt say it with any sort of malicious intent... but in todays times... you would think he would have chosen his words more carefully?

Just some thoughts.

Reply #152731 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

like you said he had no intent with the comment, it wont go any further because he was right. except for the athletic part, jingles is very athletic.

Reply #152737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should've said "vanilla" maybe.

Reply #152738 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Cortez killed my Dream Team, he was my captain.

Reply #152748 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Yeh.........I didn't think he was going to miss 3 games due to a poke in the eye - took the gamble and left him in the team.

Reply #152749 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Hmmm....me too

Reply #152751 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Heal's comment of "white" had no racial connotations whatsoever. He may as well have been talking about a black or white car. There is no racial discrimination there. I wouldn't try to make too much of it other than it being his reason why the team has had a bad start to the season.

Reply #152756 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, vanilla ice cream is white, vanilla is brown.

Reply #152757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vanilla means "plain". e.g., no offense to Jake, but Holmes is a vanilla player compared to Joe or Tez, as is Bubble or Burston.

Reply #152758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are better without cortez. They just stand around when he is playing

Reply #152760 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Let's all get one thing clear - there is nothing plain about Vanilla Ice. Word to your mother.

Reply #152761 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

i dont think there better without him but u r right, they stand out at the arc and wait for the dish. who would of thought, a team coached by heal would have most there offences envolving pulling up for the trey.

Reply #152762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cortez very rarely penetrates to dish. ONly for the score.

INgles is really the only player who penetrates to pass.

Reply #152766 | Report this post

Shane Heal  
Years ago

Yo whats up vanilla face.

Reply #152770 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

How could it cause an uproar? If anything he is saying that his race is less athletic than another. Therefore the only way he's being racist is towards himself and fellow white people. For once im not gunna jump on the "kick shane heal" bandwagon...until next time.

Reply #152773 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

ingles is a great passer and all round player anon, but his game so far this season has been the perimeter. you obviously were not at the game when they came to adelaide.fake one way,dribble the other and pull up. killed us in the first half.

Reply #152796 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Heal's comment of "white" had no racial connotations whatsoever. He may as well have been talking about a black or white car. There is no racial discrimination there"

EC, what you're saying is ridiculous, of course there are racial connotations, he's pretty much directly saying that white people are inferior athletes to black people.

Personally I don't think what he said is a big deal, and if the NBL were to cite him or anything like that then it would be political correctness gone mad, but the comment definitely had racial connotations.

Reply #152799 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Skink - Ingles had a career high 10 assists at the Adelaide game. What were you watching? Most were off drive/dish plays

Reply #152800 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Hes only saying things to stir the pot,he needs to have some interest in the team, not just the 0-"X" Win/Loss record.
Sportal and tabs sport should create a new betting category.
How many Losses in a row can they get?

Cortez will not add to their performance they have put up without him.

He will just take shots and times from others.

He may get another Optical Hopawati from Heal if they dont win.
(sorry about spelling)

Reply #152801 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

hey doc i never said he could not pass, im saying the dragons offence is out at the arc.that night he was pulling up from everywhere.

Reply #152856 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

billo
You are reading into it differently to what I am. He is not making a reference to white people being less athletic. A quote from Boti in yesterday's paper -

"This team was built around having an athletic two-guard who could break people down off the dribble," Shane said. "You take Cortez out and we're very `white'. You look at the rest of us and we're not athletic players.

"You put Cortez in there and he opens it up for other people."

"So in Heal-speak, white = unathletic?"

Boti himself asks the question if he meant that white = unathletic. Black and white was not used to describe black or white people but athleticism or non athleticism. In Heal's words I read it to mean that if you are "white" you are unathletic without any reference to the color of your skin.

Sorry, but I wouldn't be building a discrimination case against him from these words.

Reply #152881 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He and Boti were both definitely associating caucasians with being less athletic. Hence Boti's mentions of Scott Ninnis and Sam Mackinnon, both athletic white boys.

Reply #152883 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Speaking of Ingles, currently in Melbourne and spied him cruising Chapel Street in a nice black XR6. Only problem with it was the dodgy numberplate and bad dragons graphic on the side.

Reply #152891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754