Rookie
Years ago

Not all bad at M/Vale

A few weeks ago i had the privilage, yes, privilage of coaching at Morphett Vale.
My girls played South and it was one of the best games ever, but alas, it was not because of the players. It was because of a young referee by the name of Daniel Knigge. this was the night that 2 games were cancelled due to a referee shortage, and therefore he did our game solo.
he busted his ass down the court and every fast break, and showed enthusiasm and willingness for the game. Not only did this provide a great atmosphere for the stadium itself, it provided a chance for both teams to have a fair game. Coaches didnt complain, nor parents, nor players. There was no reason to.
And it was because this one kid cared and tried.
So to everyone out there who continually bags M/Vale, give them a chance (that includes myself). And to the other referees, show some intiative yourselves and prove to others that can and will do a good job.

Topic #1431 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah... i think mvale umpires are the best going around.. there may not be very many of them but when they umpire the games they try their hardest to get up the court everytime.

Reply #16597 | Report this post

rodman  
Years ago

That is good to see well done Daniel Knigge and to the guys that did my game a couple of Wednesdays ago they did a Great Job too

Reply #16643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754