hustle
Years ago

Boguts Recent Form

Just having a look at Bogey's stat line for his last six games.

Averaging 19.5ppg and 13.5rpg, and has had 5 dub-dubs out of the six (missing by 1 rbd in the game he broke his nose!)

He has increased his point scoring and rebounding just about each month.

Season averages now are 13.5ppg and 9.5rpg which is closing in a dub-dub average.

Certainly is in good form, if he were to average these numbers over the course of a season, would he get more exposure? Could he be an All-star in 09?

Thoughts?

Topic #15307 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Gig-gigidy.

Reply #180766 | Report this post

Yeah, yesterday  
Years ago

Poppy cock, you are talking poppycock.

Reply #180772 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is an all-star from right now...

Reply #180784 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Is he in No. 1 draft pick form though?

Reply #180827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He'll get there. He's playing more games than Yao or Oden right now which has to be worth something. ;)

Reply #180854 | Report this post

And Kwame Brown ;)

If someone would pass him the damn ball he'd be a 20/10 guy no problems, with very respectable assist and block numbers too.

Is there a less team-oriented franchise in the league?

2 of their starters should be in the All-NBA First Team... for selfish and unconscionable shooters.

All they need to do is trade for Vince Carter, Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.

Reply #180860 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Where do you think he rates with previous number one C/PF picks. I reckon he slots in there somewhere around Elton Brand and Kenyon Martin (see my rankings below). I think he has certainly proved not to be the flop that some feared he may be.

Duncan
Howard
Yao
Brand
Bogut
Martin
Smith
Kwame
Olawokandi

Reply #180864 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Given the right people around Bogut, he could certainly prove to be a solid basis to form a team around. He is not an outright superstar and probably never will be, but he can be a really good player and contribute more statisically than Longley ever did.

Reply #180880 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut racked up another 20 and 10 today (along with 5 assists) as the Bucks stole a win on the buzzer against the Wizards on the back of a Sessions shot.

Reply #180883 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut is becoming more consistent for sure. He had another big double double today with 21 and 16.
Check out nba.com for the top 10 plays of the day. Bogut with face mask and all serves up a facial with the no.2 play of the day.

Reply #181112 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I think Run TMC got it about right: he's better than a Joe Smith or a K-Mart, but not yet at Brand's level.

Isaac is also correct: give him some time. He's going to have a very solid NBA career, but may never be an All-Star (though in the East, who knows). Everytime I've seen him play I've been impressed with him. Hopefully he can get away from that team though. I think he's already a much better player than Longley was, but at the same time, Luc was the perfect fit for those Bulls teams.

Reply #181167 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

16 points 14 rebounds 3 assists today vs Pacers.

Reply #181217 | Report this post

Hoody  
Years ago

DB5 - yeah, and he only got to shoot it 8 times too. Far too few shots for him...he should be getting 10+ shots each game.

Reply #181223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754