Person in need
Years ago

Shoe question - how reliable are Nike Shox?

I'm lookig to buy a new pair of basketball shoes and at the moment i'm eyeing some Nike Shox. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of the heel part of the sole to snap between the shock absorber things?

Topic #15452 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

If you dont get answers here, Id ask over at www.sneakerfreaker.com

Reply #182412 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Not the sole between the shox but I have had the shox themselves break in the past.

Also can be a little unstable as well imho

Hope this helps

Reply #182413 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

as with any shoe it will depend on your foots shape and whatnot... as for the "shox" themselves, they are fairly durable, have heard of some rare cases where they haven't stood the wear and tear

Reply #182423 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have had the plastic part of the heel that connects to the sole of the shoe break.

Reply #182436 | Report this post

bakedbeanhead  
Years ago

I've had 3 pairs of shox and the last pair i got was the best basketball shoes i've ever had. Admittedly it was a few years ago now. If they break just take them back and get them credited by nike.

Reply #182437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont get them they destroy ur ankles too easily too unstable they stuffed mine

Reply #182445 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

They are shoxingly unreliable and u should stay away from them as much as i should stay away from cracking lame as jokes .

Reply #182447 | Report this post

I'm with MC and #182445- I had a pair and they seemed really unstable. I did my ankle 3 times in a year wearing them (and only once was from landing on someone's foot)- bought some Huarache 2k5s 2 years ago and haven't done an ankle since (touch wood).

Also, the plastic part connected to the sole broke- after that I gave up and threw them away.

Reply #182448 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nike Shox are not good for your feet, ankles or knees. They are not stable enough for basketball and directly contribute to rolled ankle injuries.
IMO, it doesn't come back down to reliability, rather it is about comfort and support. The fact remains that Nike Shox do not offer this as much as some people will tell you they do.
Ask any Physio or Podiatrist what they think and they will steer you away from these shoes.

Reply #182449 | Report this post

Hoody  
Years ago

I have seen many ankle and knee injuries as a result of people wearing this shoes.
As LC stated, any physio or podiatrist will tell you that Shox are crap and not good for you.

Reply #182468 | Report this post

Person in need  
Years ago

Thanks guys, that helped a lot. You just saved me from spending $140 on a pair of crapy shoes. Cheers.

Reply #182516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754