Anonymous
Years ago

JR Holden

Just been watching this guy play for Russia and he's a GUN. Apparently one of the stars of CSKA MOscow, the best non-NBA team amd a star all over Europe. Am I the only one surprised he's not in the NBA? Is he good enough to make the NBA? What are your thoughts on this guy?

Topic #16804 | Report this topic

rs  
Years ago

he is by far good enough but at best a back up pg..also no tax on his salary in russia i think there is 50% tax in USA so he makes a lot more money than NBA role players which is about what he would be

Reply #197664 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Good player and best suited as a back-up @ NBA level. He has impressed me watching him this morning.

Reply #197666 | Report this post

eddie  
Years ago

ive seen him play and he is super quick. id go far enough to say that he could be a starting point gaurd on an average team. there isnt match difference between euro and nba these days

Reply #197682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"there isnt match difference between euro and nba these days"

uh, yeah there is.

you always see players trying to make the nba, failing and then signing a contract in Europe.

Reply #197685 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Euroleague is pretty damn good.
http://linky.com.au/pegc4

Many teams would compete well in NBA.

Reply #197690 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/8knvt

He's been in the Euroleague for years!!!
Doesn't need the NBA.

Reply #197691 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

a black man representing Russia....thats something you dont see everyday

Reply #197707 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Holden was on the same team as David Andersen, and hence has had it great in Russia!
He is getting big money and why would he leave for the NBA for less?

Reply #197718 | Report this post

eddie  
Years ago

thats my point. euro has had money to keep there own stars in the league so thats why there isnt that bigger gap between the nba and europe teams. im pretty sure that if there was such a big difference that usa would have dominated more than they have in the last 4 or so years.

Reply #197722 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

He must not be that good didn't they just beat Iran?

Reply #197731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a bit like saying Andrea Kerilinko isnt that good

Reply #197735 | Report this post

the foley show  
Years ago

i thought it was a new model car!!

FJ Holden
HJ Holden
HR Holden
EK Holden
FB Holden

LOL

Reply #197925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754