Spinner
Years ago

Has anybody scored a quadruple double??

As I sat there watching Lightning do a number on Canberra tonight, I mumbled something to my wife that Tracy Gahan had again scored a double double and then towards the end of the game realised that she had in fact, scored a triple double.

"What are you talking about" asked my wife, thinking that I had had too many to drink. After explaining the achievement of something as great as a double double, let a alone a triple double, we finally agreed that this was something special.

The question that followed however, completely threw me "has anybody ever scored a quadruple double?"
Well I am pretty sure that in some social games I may have had the ten fouls to go with points, boards and assists, but has anybody ever scored a quad with points, boards, assists and steals in a professional game???

Topic #18230 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

# Rick Barry, October 29, 1974, Golden State vs. Buffalo; 30 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists, 9 steals.[7]
# Larry Steele, November 16, 1974, Portland vs. L.A. Lakers; 12 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 10 steals.[8]
# Johnny Moore, January 8, 1985, San Antonio vs. Golden State; 26 points, 11 rebounds, 13 assists, 9 steals.[9]
# Larry Bird, February 18, 1985, Boston at Utah; 30 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals.[10][11]
# Micheal Ray Richardson, October 30, 1985, New Jersey vs. Indiana; 38 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 9 steals.[12][11]
# Clyde Drexler, January 10, 1986, Portland at Milwaukee; 26 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists, 10 steals.[8]
# Clyde Drexler, November 1, 1996, Houston vs. Sacramento; 25 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 10 steals.

Reply #214319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to my reckoning those examples aren't qaudruple doubles drexler 25 points 10 rebounds, 9 assists 10 steals is 1 assist shy

bloody good figures though

Reply #214321 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Not as good as having 10 fouls though! :-)

Reply #214322 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

FROM NBA HOOPS ONLINE

Date Teams Player

Points Rebounds Assist Blocks

10/18/74 Chicago vs Atlanta Nate Thurmond 22 pts. 14 rebs. 13 asst. 12 blks.

02/18/86 San Antonio vs Phoenix Alvin Robertson 20 pts. 11 rebs. 10 asst. 10 stls

03/03/90 Houston vs Golden State Hakeem Olajuwon 29 pts. 18 rebs. 10 asst. 11 blks.

03/29/90 Houston vs Milwaukee Hakeem Olajuwon 18 pts. 16 rebs. 10 asst. 11 blks.

02/17/94 San Antonio vs Detorot David Robinson 34 pts. 10 rebs. 10 asst. 10 blks

Reply #214323 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Thanks for that Rota, amazing figures!

interesting though, that there are none since '94. I wonder what has changed so much? More stars and greater rotation?

Reply #214324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would appear that Gahan scored more that a triple double.

from the WNBL website
Adelaide's Coach Vicki Valk said that it was an awesome win with special mention to Tracy Gahan with a season best triple-double 11 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists and Mia Newley.' '

wonder what category Mia comes under

Reply #214325 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dwight Howard might get close to a quadruple double with blocks being the 4th category but I think he just wouldn't get it as assist would be down.

Also Chris Paul could go close with steals being the 4th category.

I'm sure lots of players have achieved it if they include turnovers :P

Reply #214326 | Report this post

Wilt chamberlain would have had like 50 if blocks and steals were recorded

Reply #214327 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jason Kidd and AK47 would have to have been close a few times.

I can't see anyone else getting on the quad-double list for a while, the frontrunners would have to be Dwight, CP3 and Lebron though.

I wonder if Julius Hodge is capable of 10 steals...

Reply #214328 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Darnel once has 9 blocks in a half at the dome and then none in the second half.

That night i think he missed a quadruple by that one block and 3 steals

Reply #214335 | Report this post

The General  
Years ago

Darren Rowe for Geelong in 1990 had a quad Double.

Reply #214338 | Report this post

Dumb ass  
Years ago

I kinda get the concept by reading the thread but no-one has actually exploined what it is. Can some scholary person puleese exploin

Reply #214339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a double double is when someone gets stats that reflect 10 or more in two categories ie 10 points, 10 rebounds in any given game.

a triple double (hard to achieve) is where a player gets 10 or more in any three categories. these categories can be
rebounds, steals, assists, points, turnovers (but you don't want to get 10 turnovers)

A quadruple double is have a stat line that gives you more than 10 in four categories ie you have scored 16 points, taken 20 rebounds, made 11 steals and dished 12 assists in the one game you have performed an almost impossible feat that is why few players make the triple double and even fewer make the quad.

Reply #214341 | Report this post

the sack  
Years ago

I remember Scott Arnold getting very close last season at the starplex he had numbers

25 pts 9 rebs 9 ast 7 steals

In saying he was close he didnt even get a double double but still was a fair effort

Reply #214345 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

a triple double (hard to achieve) is where a player gets 10 or more in any three categories. these categories can be
rebounds, steals, assists, points, turnovers (but you don't want to get 10 turnovers)

Um you can also get it with blocks.

Points, Rebounds, Steals, Assists, Blocks. (Turnovers but very suspect as to counting!)

Reply #214346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A triple double including turnovers has been dubbed a "dirty triple".

Reply #214352 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Ive heard differently: Triple double with turnovers is a "triple bumble" a "dirty triple" is where one of the the doubles is in blocks .... ("dirty" referring to the dirty work involved!)

Reply #214364 | Report this post

JockeyClub  
Years ago

I've heard of a "dirty Sanchez" - is that something like a "dirty triple" ?

Reply #214371 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Rashard Tucker was close once with double figures in Points, Rebounds, almost assists but had 11 turnovers

Reply #214377 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Women's basketball: Grambling State's Shakyla Hill makes NCAA history with second career quadruple-double

Shakyla Hill became the first player in NCAA history with two career quadruple-doubles, finishing with 21 points, 16 rebounds, 13 assists and 10 steals Saturday night in Grambling State's 77-57 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

The senior guard got her first one nearly 13 months ago on Jan. 3, 2018, against Alabama State. That was only the fourth one accomplished in NCAA Division I history.

Reply #732553 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2019-02-03/womens-basketball-grambling-states-shakyla-hill-makes-ncaa

Reply #732554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Years ago"

Reply #732564 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

NBL

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/43238-nbl-triple-doubles-or-most-double-doubles/

Reply #732583 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks Hoopie that was the thread I was looking for.

Reply #732671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754