Anonymous
Years ago

TV Coverage & NewNBL

What is the latest word on the NewNBL and free TV coverage? Anyone heard anything about this? Someone (maybe skip?) posted a while ago that they believe ONE HD will show some games. Is this still supposedly the case? My concern is that everyone is saying that the NBL are trying to structure the new league according to FOX's desires (shorter games, 8 teams etc) and it seems like the league are a bit too Fox focused rather than looking at free TV.

Topic #19281 | Report this topic

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

One HD to show 2 NBL games a week

Reply #228466 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Exactly what I hear too Ben.

Reply #228468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did you guys hear this!?

Reply #228469 | Report this post

Years ago

Will FoxSports still over the remaining games of the league?

Reply #228470 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

only really relevant if we have a league.............indications from the threads above is that there aren't enough complying bids??

Reply #228493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

then im sure the nbl will be more lenient if nobody can meet the demands.

Do you have a source skip and/or ben?

Reply #228494 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Yeah...I've heard lot of concerns from players on whether there're even going to be a league next season. I must say though if there is one and they show it on FTA, that'll fix many of the leagues problem

Reply #228498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you guys suggesting that there will be no NBL for the foreseeable future or that the league will take a year off to get everything ready and together? Assuming theres gonna be a league live FTA coverage will help like nothing else thats for sure.

Reply #228501 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I know many players are looking to go Europe

Reply #228508 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Do you think the league could afford to take a year off while they get it together? That to me seems very risky.

How many of the current season ticket holders would return? I think some would go to other sports (some already do) and may not return.

I think that there will be some form of competition next season and non complying bids will be managed while they meet eligibility criteria.

Reply #228562 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

It's too premature to call- comments about who's in and who's not on previous threads aren't helping.
Any indication that way is merely indicative and nothing more.
The NBL has suggested that if they do not get enough rock solid bids they will in fact defer if it means they can avoid 8 or more shit applications slipping through and are stuck with them, but still too early to say with due diligence not completely done yet.

Reply #228568 | Report this post

curiouser  
Years ago

I know this much, if Channel Ten get the rights to the NBL next season I will be cancelling my Foxtel subscription the next day.

Reply #228603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of things.

There will be a League in 09/10.

It will run from October - Feb

IF BA can get a team organised in Sydney it will include a Fox deal to cover every single game played, the majority of which will be shown live.

IF there isn't a team in Brisbane, Gold Coast will be forced to play a few home games in Brisbane.

OneHD deal isn't comfirmed but if Fox and the NBL can sort themselves out expect to see the NBL on OneHD, in particular come finals time.

Adelaide, Perth, NZ, Melbourne, South, Townsville, Gold Coast WILL be in the League starting in October.

Reply #228614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What your source anon? How can you know all this?

Reply #228617 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Whatever.

Reply #228639 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I'm not so sure about all those team confirmed to play yet buddy...Though I'd say if the league was to go ahead those are the "most likely" teams as what I've heard...

Though seemingly Dragons and Tigers are almost confirmed. Also the OneHD thing does seems to be a nod if a league was going to go ahead.

My primary concern now is the quality of competition after this season. Some quality players have felt the insecurity and decided they are going to leave for Europe for: 1.Stability 2. Better money (many'll be earning $60,000 min.)

From the last few years NBL needs to think about some big names choosing to play overseas than here.

Reply #228682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any player who thinks they'll get stability in Europe has to do some research.

And remember most Aussies would have to play there as an import so it's not like they'll just be able to walk into teams.

Obviously no team is 100% confirmed but anyone who understands what is going on knows that the teams listed will all be playing.

And that there will be a League starting in October of this year.

Reply #228694 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I have to agree that the perception from many players is that they will just 'go overseas' due to the issues with the NBL, recession, etc.
Some of them forget that the NBL's changes aside, the recession is GLOBAL and some of the countries some of them are aiming to play in are worse off than our bleak economy for the next 12 months or so.
If they are gonna be worse off than us, then the players have to be open to the possibility that Europe just might not pay as good as it used to.
Definately will pay more than here, but perhaps not as much as in the past.

Reply #228730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will there be games on Fox and will Boomers games be on One H.D. or Fox or not on any

Reply #228752 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

Will there be games on Fox and will Boomers games be on One H.D. or Fox or not on any

Reply #228753 | Report this post

Poopnose  
Years ago

ooo sounds good i reckon NBL would be great so like it could be NBL at like 7:30 then NBA at 9:30 ish that'd make me happy although sometimes TEN tend to have golf that take over alot of NBA time and that irritates me

Reply #228904 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754