Victor Ree
Years ago

Halfway point of ABL season

Now we have reached the halfway point of the mens ABL season who are people favouring for the premiership and which players have been the standouts for their respective clubs??

Topic #20071 | Report this topic

Matt  
Years ago

West Women will be very hard to beat. Standouts for them are Sam Woosnam and Nikita Martin. Both are medal chances you would think.

Reply #238145 | Report this post

Ho Chi Mihn  
Years ago

Depends with sam and nikita if they have taken votes off eachother. I think either Kerrin truslo
ve or jo hill will jump up and win it.

Reply #238166 | Report this post

Sturt.  
Years ago

Holmes + Ng = Championship.

Reply #238204 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Feagles have done very well and the Mavs provide the other end of the bookshelf.

I would expect Sturt to have a 9-0 run to tip the Feagles from top spot. IMO Norwood at risk of dropping down to 5th (or lower) 57 against Sturt is the lowest ABL score all season and it's difficult to see that "record" being beaten. Their last 3 games are at home and a cunning coach may get them over the line with 3 late W's.
North need to extract a digit if they want finals action or be edged out by either of the big cats.

Tigers have shown how much they rely on their import and with the Lions, are they the only threat to the top 5?

Woodville and South have had more home games than away in the first half and haven't taken advantage of their home court. Perhaps they should consider next year's roster changes already. Mavs are yet to win at home - will they be the only team not to taste a home win this ABL season?

Reply #238211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What you talkin bout Jack? Tigers relying on their import???

Reply #238212 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Index of Success Points no indication of ladder position,

The top 5 players per team:

10. Mavs 762 (Hilly 278, Breheny 245)
1. Feagles 743 (Sutton 197)
4. West 720 (Kersten 180) - All 5 +100
2. Sturt 672 (Ng 240)
8. Woodies 641 (Knight 285)
5. North 623 (Burdon 191)
3. Norwood 612 (Webber 187)
7. Lions 605 (Prince 155)
6. Tigers 593 (Bungey 134)
9. South 555 (Pilko 219)

Top 5 Players
Knight 285
Hilly 278
Breheny 245
Ng 240
Pilko 219
(Holmes 138 from 3 games - 414 from 9 games)

Reply #238213 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Compare Tigers stats with and without JM and you'll see what I mean. He's worth 10 ppg net to the team.

Reply #238215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from what I've seen at games and trainings, not impressed but I guess stats don't lie...

Reply #238218 | Report this post

Victor Ree  
Years ago

Sturt would have to be the red hot favourites at this point. Sitting pretty in second spot, just destroyed the 2008 premiers and only had the big man Holmes for three games. You'd think poised to make a real run in the second half of the season leading into the finals.

Reply #238223 | Report this post

hooper  
Years ago

will sturts junior point guard(s) be able to handle the second half of the season?

Reply #238406 | Report this post

whifter  
Years ago

lions are going to come back and be a hard running team to beat

Reply #238443 | Report this post

yp  
Years ago

I think the Lions will be a hard team to beat with Prince on the floor and if he gets the ball he will put up the points.

Reply #238790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prince played against South (the bottom team) and they still lost! Centrals will be easy beats just like they have been for the last 10 years

Reply #239517 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754