Beantown
Years ago

Celtics look to go live online

"Boston Celtics fans could soon have another way to watch their team play - online. The NBA franchise is in talks with Comcast to stream games live, and free, on the Web next season".

See link below for full story:

http://linky.com.au/atyfn

For any other Celtics fans on this board, this is great news - especially if it ends up being free!

It also means being able to get the banter of Mike Gorman and Tommy Heinsohn on the Comcast feed, which I miss, because it is rarely used on the NBA League Pass service (generally TNT).

I LOVE THE INTERNET!!!

Topic #20100 | Report this topic

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

Unless you plan on moving to Massachusetts this article has no relevance to you. It is only for local area rights.

Reply #238618 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

D.Rose their are many ways around that. Sometimes not so easy but can be done.

But I'd still say League Pass is very good value for money EVERY game live and on replay, they improved the quality/distribution as the season went on and it was a very acceptable quality fed through to a TV.

Plus OneHD two games a week is a positive too.

Foxtel is a dying breed.

Reply #238620 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

D Rose - Rich Gotham is quoted in the article as saying: "The Internet is obviously not just Boston; it gives us a global reach."

He is saying that they want to grow their brand globally - in the context of the article, I took that to mean that they would broadcast it internationally. Of course I can't be sure it will happen, but it sounds positive.

One thing I do wonder about, is how they will square this with the NBA's League Pass, because obviously it could undermine the number of subscribers that service receives if the Celtics are being shown free.

Reply #238673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754