Beantown
Years ago

Phil Jax on Artest

Just found this corker via Hoops Hype. Don't know what he was thinking, but this is Phil Jackson on radio recently:

"Last year after the devastating loss in game 6 to the Boston Celtics, Ron Artest came in our locker and walked in the shower with Kobe Bryant. Kobe's there taking a shower - and this is a locker room the coaches have, it's off limits - so, Ron said, 'Coach, I can help your team, I can get that championship for the Lakers.' I said, 'Well, thanks Ron, that's very nice, I appreciate your sympathies. We'll see what happens as you go through this year.' Then, he walked out of that coaches' area, and in to the shower and told Kobe the same thing. Kobe's been knowing Ron's intentions for the last two years& He didn't soap down Kobe and he didn't towel him off, I'm not saying that."

Now I know you won't believe me, so here's the link:

http://linky.com.au/udep2

Topic #20403 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Backed up by Kobe:

http://linky.com.au/7is8c

"Even though Bryant and Artest had words during a couple of games last season, Bryant related a pro-Artest anecdote from the 2008 NBA Finals in which Artest, a spectator at Game 6, entered the showers in the Lakers' locker room after Boston clinched the championship with a 39-point victory.

"I was in there by myself," Bryant said. "He came in there and he said, 'This is not going to happen to you [again]. I'm going to come in here and help you out.' He wound up being in Houston, and [then] took us to Game 7. But he's here now. It's something we've both been trying to make happen for a while and here it is." "

Reply #242711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754