Quagmire
Years ago

Joe Dumars- WTF?

He has signed Ben Gordon and Chalie V.

I'm guessing the idea of playing D has been thrown out the window.

A Gordon / Stucky backcourt is great, neither is quick enough to stay infront of a pg, and sg's can shoot over them.

Charlie V will provide the same missed trey attempts as Rasheed, without the post presence and toughness.

I love Joe D so to play devils advocate, i'm gonna assume he feels its easier to teach scorers to defend, than it is to teach defenders how to score....

Topic #20446 | Report this topic

B-Easy  
Years ago

Also drafting Tayshaun Prince version 2.0 was a strange decision!

Reply #243118 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Been on holidays have you Quagmire?

One guy is 35 (Wallace) and finishing his career the other is 25 and improving every season. That is a great move by Dumars!

Much easier to teacher scores to play defence rather then defenders to learn how to score.

It will be interesting to see how Bulls go with out Gordon now. I think they will struggle to score. Unless they trade for another player.

Reply #243123 | Report this post

frank sorrenti  
Years ago

yeah well they need to look at rebuilding thats why there getting some young talent like gordon and charlie v.

Reply #243131 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

wouldn't have had to rebuild if he didn't trade all the good players for duds like Iverson, Dumars ended
a great team by trying to fix what wasn't neccessarily broken. Detroit have been a major hurdle any team in the east wanting a ring has had to overcome for the past ten years at least much like San Antonio (apart from last season mostly due to injuries) and LA in the west.

Reply #243166 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

So who is playing PG for the Pistons this year? Gordon is a horrible PG (but a fantastic shooting guard), the guy literally dribbles off his foot most of the time when trying to run a team. His handles are subpar for a 6'1 guard. Though he is good at creating space for himself, but as a full time ball handling guard he couldnt cut it for us.

Stuckey is the most overrated player in the NBA. He is definately not a point guard either + we all know Rip cant run a team. Thats like 120 mil dollars locked up in a backcourt of shooting guards. Not to mention they blew 35 million on a soft bigman that has never played defense in his life.

Dumars has lost his mind ever since he drafted Darko. Trading Billups for an expiring contract was a joke, especially when you use the capspace on two inferior players + Billups is probably going to play at a high level for another 3 years because he is an IQ player.

Reply #243180 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more with D.Rose#1 but as he did have the cap space he could have gotten better players for the money. Such as a Milsap and made it really hard for Utah to match the offer, I dont rate CV. Ben Gordon is ok but you have Rip so its puzzling.

Reply #243271 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

D.Rose#1 that soft big man is replacing Wallace who is at the end of his career. CV is only going to get better and has many years left. Good move IMO.

Jesus, Milsap over CV? Milsap was probably made to look much better then he is with Williams in the team. They also have Oberto who I think will improve with more minutes this season.

Reply #243288 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Just a thought... Gordon and CV are known for long range shooting... Pistons would LOVE to get LeBron (who wouldn't) so maybe what we are seeing is a GM aquiring players that would best compliment the King?

'Floor spreaders' is what i like to call em...

Also- Is the move of Dice to the spurs the least talked about significant move of the summer so far?
Talk about a ring hungry vet that can keep the press of the walking poo and still be a stopper in limited minutes?

He is locker room gold also, so once again the spurs make the small moves with major impact.

Rasheed to the celts will be awesome. I thought they were a gun defensive team when KG and Perk were down low... now they get Rasheed of the bench!!!! This move effectively punked the magic (Howard)and cleveland (Shaq) as well as the Lakers (Gasol).

Reply #243381 | Report this post

Rip  
Years ago

Sheed has been replaced with CV who basically plays the same kind of game, which is the outsdie shooting spread the floor kind of guy. He has been showing improvement every season so i dont think they loose too much there (lets all remember that Sheed is near the end of his career). We all know that Ben Gordon is a flat out scorer and is going to get you 18+ points a night so he is a valubale additon to the team. The main concerns for the Pistons is on the defensive end of the floor...the team thats shaping here is is going to give up 100+ points a game...thats not good enough if you want to win a championship. The other issue is Rodney Stuckey at the PG position..hes not a true point gaurd and is always looking for his shot first. Im surprised that Rip Hamilton hasnt been traded, hes going to struggle this year cos hes not going to get the same ammount of shots he's used to and he doesnt have a point gaurd thats going to give him the ball.

Reply #245961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754