max the one
Years ago

Is Ballinger a Tiger?

can some one please please confirm that this is not true.????????

Topic #22660 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Is confirmed. Has signed a two-year deal. Expected to be announced later this week.

Reply #272761 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

are u serious where is that story?

Reply #272762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

source?

Reply #272763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I spoke to Boti the otherday who said it was pretty much a done deal.

Reply #272764 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Oh my goodness . Our Captain/MVP.
Herbert on their must get list.
But never expected this.

Reply #272765 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Great signing by Melb. Clarke better get stuck into his new job!

Reply #272766 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

This isnt really all that bad a news IMO Balls never really established himself as a 'winner' and id prefer to see the money he demands spent somewhere else. Biggest down is that he is now classified as a Aus citizen.

Reply #272769 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

uhh where did everyone hear this from?

Reply #272770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost posts?

Reply #272771 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Server crash again I am guessing...

Reply #272772 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

There about 20 missing posts from this thread.

Reply #272774 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Last Season , Adam Ballinger , a top-tier Import became a naturalised Australian, 36ers Captain and MVP and was runner up in the League's MVP voting.
YES the Tigers are after him. Coach, Al Westover confirmed yesterday.
Not sure which direction he's going.
Boti may run the story on Thursday.

Reply #272775 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

this could sway alot of ticket holders,

how the frack can a club let its mvp and captain go to a rival,

Reply #272777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope he stays here in adelaide

Reply #272780 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

It will never happen, Moses you are so far up the garden path its not funny

Reply #272782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Moses stated in the previous thread (the original thread: Balls a tiger WTF?) that he was only joking about this and that it's school holidays.

Reply #272783 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Methinks someone pruned this thread so there were fewer exclamations of "it's true", and moreso just conjecture.

Reply #272784 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Balls is by all acocunts headed to Melbourne...

Reply #272785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watch your language LC! :)

Reply #272789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word actually is that Cameron Tragardh is about to sign with the tigers the money they offered can not be matched by the budget hawks

how will ballinger and tragardh play together? will tragardh come off the bench?

Reply #272790 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

That's a decent coup if they have gotten that deal done.

Reply #272796 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

tigers targeting key players at lower budget clubs that can't match the money.
aggressive stuff from tigers,larry is going to have his work cut out for him monitoring the salary cap this season.
seamus will try anything after last seasons embarrassment.(brown paper bags will be hard to find in melbourne supermarkets this year)

Reply #272797 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

At the risk of being controversial, "good riddens"
Yes, he is a good player, but he is not captain material IMO and needs to seriously re-connect with fans.
IMO, His captaincy skills partly contributed to the Sixers poor show last year.
I can think of much better options.
While I thank him for his efforts while at the club, good luck and let's look forward

Reply #272799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't Mr Toft be a sad sack when he returns! Bring on Captain Ballinger!

Reply #272807 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah i liked holmes as captain, but ballinger is a class top flight player that we must retain.

Reply #272810 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers also making a strong play for Homicide and apparently Hodge.

Reply #272812 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

is there a points system in place for next season? all these names being thrown up for the tigers recruiting campaign, they couldnt possibly be under the points cap, nevermind the salary cap.

Reply #272816 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They can have Hodge. I would love Adelaide to make a play for Homicide but I don't think he's on the agenda.

Reply #272818 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ballinger is a good player and while I would like to see him stay as a player, he is a professional and if the Tuggers have offerred more coin, then you don't blame him to be tempted to go.
Personally, I believe there are much better options, I feel he is not leadership material, and I have grave concerns over his back which could flare up at any time.
If this is just a rumour started to spur the Sixers to offer more coin, I would be disappointed.
If the big O replaced him in the side, I would not be disappointed

Reply #272819 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Come on Jack, you had me up till that last comment, big O as a replacement? Really? Ballinger is one of THE elite players in the league while Oscar is a good role player when his shot is on.

Reply #272820 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I spoke to Boti the otherday who said it was pretty much a done deal.
Boti says this is news to him. Hadn't even heard the rumour when this was posted.

If Ballinger has moved on, it's a shame Rychart has already signed. The other naturalised PF at around the same level is Redhage.

Reply #272821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well put Billo. Futhermore insinuating sources such as GAZE.COM might be "conspiring" to get Ballinger more coin is ridiculous. What'll they think of next. I hope an announcement that Ballinger is back on board is made soon. Trying to replace him will prove difficult and fans would be very disappointed.

Reply #272822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a disaster if Ballinger left - our best player by a mile.

Reply #272826 | Report this post

bear the 2nd  
Years ago

How about a line-up at C/PF of

C - Schenscher, Johnson (Melbourne - surely can't keep him as well if this is true)
PF - Rolan Roberts (still a beast and with a decent centre (not Hinder) behind him would be even more effective and Ben Allen

Retain Holmes as back-up SF/PF or sign the big O for the same role.

Still plenty of options if Ballinger leaves.

Reply #272829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh my f'ing god. we dont want schenscher!!

Reply #272830 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Martin Cattalini,back up forward. Only a rumour.

Reply #272832 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Cat has retired...

Reply #272833 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I would love to see Adelaide bring in an unknown import. I know I has been hit and miss in the last but recycling imports only goes so far.

Marty must have enough contacts in the college scene to grab a decent 22 year old.

Reply #272845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bring darius rice to adelaide

Reply #272847 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If we lose Ballinger can only be 2 reasons .
1 We stuffed around with the coaching appointment too long .
2 - Clarke doesnt rate Ballinger as money for value option.

Reply #272895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

3 Offered more money by a competing team
4 He and his wife had a preference for a different locale

And probably more. Not sure why you think there could only be two reasons?

Reply #272909 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

5 - got the wooden spoon and would prefer a fresh start? (remember he opted out of his hawks contract wen joyce was dumped, so he doesnt like hanging around if theres instability)

Reply #272912 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Of course could be numerous reasons why but believe that uncertainity comes from not knowing who coach would be at time of offer from Tigers.
Remember also that Tigers were not far above us and likely to make less changes than Tigers to roster.
So no more certainity there and better the known.
You would imagine that you would do what possible dollar wise to keep MVP-Capt unless coach thought could create a better squad with less outlay on 1 player.
Not knowing of course but think family would be less likely to want to move rather than stay in home you have made especially as he is getting near end of career .

Reply #272915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You said "can only be 2 reasons" so don't backtrack!

And you say that Melbourne are likely to make fewer changes? I heard that they'd released almost everyone but Greer and even he didn't have a contract signed at that point. Anstey and Mackinnon have retired. Johnson got permission to speak with other clubs. Worthington is going to Europe (Germany, apparently). They've been linked to Ballinger, Tragardh and Homicide (who weren't Tigers previously).

Reply #272919 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I am sort of sticking to the 2 reasons just explaining why I thought other reasons that Isaac and William mentioned I didnt see as factors for reasons given.
Part of my argument against william point re being unstable was that we would make less changes than Tigers overhaul that Isaac mentioned.
Isaac I think my post is pretty clear saying less changes than Tigers.
I was responding to william saying Sixers would have more instability than Tigers as part of Adams thinking.
If keep Ballinger we wont make more than 4 changes how I see it without any knowledge of .

Reply #272924 | Report this post

his a keeper  
Years ago

6:- They are not going anywhere! ...Somebody better pass Toft a tissue! GOOD JOB Marty & SOS, Now BRING ON the rest of the team!

Reply #272925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More than four changes IMO. Two imports. Holmes wants to test the market. Burston and Herbert probably gone. Everyone wanting Cooper gone. And probably Molitor too.

There are a lot of reasons someone could change clubs. Stating that there could only be two is just awkward. Could easily be a mixture of wanting a change and getting more money in Melbourne. Or hated SOS. Or found Adelaide too small.

I do know that they offered him a two year deal and were very eager to keep him. I'll believe that Melbourne rumour 100% when it's announced on the NBL site. Too often we hear stories from that end that don't come through - remember when they thought they had Newley locked up?

Reply #272940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So given that info that you have just supplied Isaac what do you think the potential make up of the Sixers will be next season? Something like this;

C - Schenscher/Allen
PF - Import/
SF - Import/
SG - Ng/
PG - Bruce/

I cant think for the life of me who Marty has in mind to fill all of these gaps?

Do you know if the Sixers will be making any announcements this week?

Reply #272950 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnson has just been announced and I think the intention is for him to run as starting centre, but with a reasonable back-up.

Until Ballinger is ruled out, I think that's still their target for starting PF. I think your guess that Allen is a target is pretty reasonable - I guess most clubs would have an interest in him?

Not sure about Bruce. Was obviously mentioned by Clarke, but don't know how interested he is in playing (or for the right price - when he last played here, he was on heaps).

I imagine they'd keep Hill (?), so he and Ng probably cover a couple of bench spots (or could start if needed).

Holmes is testing the market, but so are quite a few players. He may find something or may not.

I would've liked to have seen Burston and Herbert back as they were favourites of mine, but I heard some rumours of them being targeted strongly by other teams. Obviously Adelaide can only spend so much and still keep money for other spots in the roster.

Reply #272962 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

So.. in answer to the title's question... Is Ballinger a Tiger?

Reply #272965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Shenscher likely to return to Adelaide?

Reply #272980 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Only if he (Ballinger) or the Tigers confirm it. We wait and see til then.

Reply #272981 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I think he's a free agent and taking offers.

Reply #272985 | Report this post

Bettyleadfoot  
Years ago

I rate keeping Herbert over Burston if we can.

Reply #272994 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Well, if Balls is gone then that pretty much means I'm hanging on to my $500 next season.

Reply #272999 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Does anyone know if a For Sale sign is up at his property?

Reply #273002 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Balls will be a Sixer.

Reply #273003 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy, that's good news. Another episode in over-enthusiastic Tigers reporting and Adelaide 36ers fan panics!

Reply #273005 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Lives close to the Dome and his wife's family live SA Country - happy to live and play here. Would like to take things one year at a time.

Reply #273009 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Balls will be a Sixer."

What are u doing to me Biz?

Reply #273013 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Im new to this but who is Bizzy? Is this a reliable source, i dont want to get my hopes up! So many posts from people with "inside knowledge" yet noone mentioned Daniel Johnson before he signed. I hope we keep Ballinger but if we dont, we can still compete.

Reply #273020 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

If he doesn't sign, it will free up a serious amount of salary cap yeah?

Reply #273023 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy helps out on game nights - you would've seen him drive the car out at half time, etc.

Shano, no one mentioned Johnson because sometimes we can collectively keep secrets!

Reply #273027 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

All school holiday fun aside, let's put this thread to bed. He's staying a Sixer.

Reply #273037 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac. Lets hope Ballinger signs, id like to see Oscar signed and then another big and 2 imports, I have a good feeling about this upcoming season.

Reply #273040 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I believe Tigers offered him and he considered but all signs point to him being a Sixer.

Reply #273065 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Boti today -

"Sixers captain Adam Ballinger, playing in Israel but persistently linked to Melbourne in erroneous internet speculation, is deep into negotiations with Adelaide for a fourth year."

Reply #273085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754