Spinner
Years ago

Sixers back in Blue

In today's 'tiser.

Sorry, don't know how to do links!!

Looks like SOS is doing everything possible to forget last season and reverting back to blue. I think the season has a good feel about it already and can only get better when the imports are announced.

Topic #23351 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Just get a uniform and stick with it - all the iconic teams in sports have a uniform and the only change are subtle variations ... what Sixers uniforms stick in our mind? Not many - maybe the 1986 uni and the one that we won back to back titles in.

Reply #282456 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Haven't seen the Advertiser. Might see something on computer later today or tomorrow.

I seem to recall - AND1 or sponsoring NBL and supplying uniforms - may have something to with it.
Maybe.. ?

I noticed we are training in blue (and yellow)

Reply #282457 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

The Blue and Yellow training uniform's are last years kit.

Reply #282458 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - noticed Groves 6 and Burston 22

Reply #282460 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

SVD, agreed 100%. The team essentially has a new uniform every season. Its ridiculous.

Reply #282462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger was in Sydney for the NBL television commercial!

Reply #282463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it makes sense - too many other teams in red, no other teams in blue.

Reply #282464 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Blue makes sense...and it looks good too IMO.

Reply #282466 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Either way the 36ers still seem to change colour and uniforms every season.

Blue looks good and isn't as common amongst opposition teams.

Reply #282472 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

I liked the red, matched ballingers hair! I would like to see us stick with a uniform rather than changing every year, I wont buy merchandise because they keep changing every year.

Reply #282476 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Trying to get a mockup of the uniform together for those yet to see it.

Reply #282477 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume this is from And 1 - passed on by the club:

Reply #282478 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Hooray for no more Comic Sans numbers!

Reply #282479 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

if that is the uniform that looks pretty good

Reply #282480 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

That uniform looks sick..About time we had a decent looking uniform.
Might weven get my name on the back of it now as wouldnt mind one of them. lets hope they keep it for a few years

Reply #282484 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't mind the blue but I disapprove of the wildcats having a claim on the red. I think that right belongs to the sixers, Hawks and Tigers (red being those clubs original colours).

The wildcats original colours were black, gold and white til 1989 when through Emu/Swan sponsoring them they introduced the red then in 1995 Coke took over and they ditched the gold. I always like the black, gold and white.

That said, I understand why the wildcats would want to retain the red. I'm disappointed the sixers forfeited the right to use red many years ago.

Reply #282486 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of this design. Judging by the Sixers email, its for the long term (sorry, I don't know how to make the quotes look nice!)

"...this move has been taken to ensure the 36ers stand alone in their look whilst still maintaining our state colours as part of the uniform, and will be a change for the long term."

Does anyone know how many more sponsors are to be added? Inevitably there must be a few more, I'm guessing HoodSweeney would be on there somewhere? Hopefully they don't clutter it up too much!

Reply #282487 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I like the new Uni. Just looks solid, much like the celtics/lakers jerseys, not to much going on, simple and effective.

Are they going to use white as the away color? maybe they could use the red for that? Not sure if that would create any clashes.

Reply #282494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would create three clashes - Hawks, Perth, Melb....

Reply #282496 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Ilove this uniform-go the sixers!

Reply #282497 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

defintly a great uniform and is one that i hope will to stay around longer than the previous unifoms that most people cant remember.

Reply #282498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ONE HD interview with the new Sydney import, they have shots from the new NBL commercial with the players from each team wearing their new AND1 team singlets

Watch Video

Reply #282499 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Isaac - is that sample photo Mike Mckay with no hair?!

Reply #282516 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I quite like the blue look the club has published above and hope it can stick around for a bit. I'm still expecting more sponsors logos on there especially the 'Hood Sweeney'. Hopefully it's spaced out nicely and doesn't overshawdow the 36ers logo.

As another said and I agree with them. I also am relectant to buy and build a collection of merchandise as they change it every year.

As for the away strip. I wouldn't mind the yellow from 2 seasons ago, otherwise standard white is fine with me.

I like this new one and hope it stays for a few seasons. Matches most milk cartons too.

Reply #282517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spinner - is it missing McKay's Olympic rings tattoo? Was that on his arm or ankle or something?

Reply #282519 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

left arm....you can edit the image and send it to him!

Reply #282523 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Looks like John Rille from the 1998 team, but not as ugly

Reply #282526 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

He looks like he's just detected someone dropping their guts in the keyway.

Reply #282528 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

He's just rebounded a Hodge missed jump shot and is trying to hold his laughter!!

Reply #282530 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Quote:"ONE HD interview with the new Sydney import, they have shots from the new NBL commercial with the players from each team wearing their new AND1 team singlets

Watch Video "End Quote:

Watch for Ballinger at 49seconds.Must be tiring coming back from NZ or was it Israel?

Reply #282536 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'm a fan of simple but effective, so it gets my vote.

Some trivia; was the shift from red to blue because of Pura Milk sponsorship?

Reply #282542 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Watched the video and he mentioned the crowd several times, that will be a reality check for him.

Reply #282546 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Kickz 101 is pushing to range the whole leagues uniforms and will be selling authentic New Era NBL caps, since Fiddes distributes And 1 & New Era in Australia. The caps will be pretty basic not over the top I've heard.

Reply #282553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Super happy about this. Sixers have been in blue sine I started following them and never liked red at all. Red has always been the colour of hated opponents (perth, melbourne in particular). Hope its royal blue rather than super dark navy that we had for a few years.

Reply #282557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats great news about kickz 101. they've barely ever had any NBL jerseys and dont even have nba jerseys lately so a full NBL jersey collection will be a great addiotion

Reply #282562 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

what has happened to kickz lately? went in a few months back and they barely had any NBA merchandise. I basically saw 2 jerseys, one being the old black AI philly jersey.

Reply #282593 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have seen a sneak preview and it's definitely not a dark blue. Maybe a touch darker than the 02 uniform? The stroke (outline) on "Adelaide" on the front of the white singlet is too heavy and could make it hard to read, but the white shorts look good and I think the blue should look decent all up.

Reply #282594 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Re Kickz, Too much player movement between February and August. You don't want to be left carrying Toronto or Cleveland playing tops with the names Bosh and James. Their demand goes down real quick if they were to leave their clubs and go to a team like...oh lets say Miami.

I imagine there will be a better selection come November.

Reply #282628 | Report this post

maxPOWA36  
Years ago

@fill smythe yea, i'm pretty sure the blue and yellow were bought in to match pura skim or full cream milk cartons.

I dont mind the blue, but i would like to see a white away uniform, hated the yellow.

And a throw back to worn in a few games each year would be great, the back to back uniform or a Eagle Super Sixer uniform would be sweet. I remember hearin bullets were thinkin of doin it before they went under.

Reply #282645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we are the only team in blue...we should not have to wear an away strip.
If it doesn't clash, why change it.

Reply #282647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers have a blue strip.

36ers will have a blue uniform and a white uniform.

Reply #282652 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Breakers will be wearing black at home and white on the road

Reply #282658 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Dont go all Collingwood on us, every team has a home and away. simple.

Reply #282666 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Like the new uniform and change to blue,would be ideal though if each team had 3 different uniforms just like the Breakers last season.

Reply #282667 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Had a sneak peak and quite like the crisp look of the white one, agree with the font/outline as Isaac mentions.

The blue does seem a little lighter than previous versions.

And 1 to my knowledge is doing league wide uniforms. And 1 - Australia is run by Fiddes Sport which as mentioned also have the rights to New Era - Australia so some basic team colour hats may well make their way out ;)

Reply #282671 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I would say Kickz problem would be Adidas only offering the same NBA players as Footlocker and Rebel, were I think they want wider range of players and kids sizes like they've had before. Adidas minimums would be at a least 100 jerseys per player I'd say. That's a lot of stock to take.

Reply #282691 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seen another photo of Ballinger wearing the uniform and it looks darker than the first shot I saw. Bit lighter than the darkest blue we've seen them in. Might need to wait to see them on court to get a proper look though.

Boti today:

the 36ers have been asked to shelve the red uniforms they played in last season due to an "epidemic" of red in the NBL.

Reply #282694 | Report this post

Fact seeker  
Years ago

Just because Boti says something certainly does not make it right !!!

Reply #282701 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

What ever colour the Sixers are in.....I just hope everybody gets onboard.

Go you good thing............lets start the count down!

Isaac...there's a good opportunity - count down to game 1!

Reply #282715 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Kind of a benign fact to be disputing, Fact seeker? Or are you just an anti-Boti troll?

Reply #282753 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

They should get everyone a free T and encourage Blue outs much like united get people in red or the white out the heat did. It takes some time to build the idea and get people on board but looks cool.

Reply #282793 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

good idea joshua, that would work really well i think especially on free to air as well. i wonder if they will be doing that for the sprint auto parts cheer squad?

Reply #282858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754