the insider
Years ago

Can rangers beat canberra at home?

Can the mark wright rangers contain suzy and put a much needed win on the board?

Topic #24748 | Report this topic

Years ago

on paper yes - on form - dandy would need a crank it up a bit

Reply #303838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance....The Rangers are in huge trouble.
Rotations are wrong, team don't believe in the game plan and they have no inside post player.

Mark Wright has a good team but has cleary shown he's off the pace of the better WNBL Coaches.

Foley gets 20mins max should get 30+, Abbey Bishop is hot and cold and is selfish and Kathleen comes off to many on balls effecting the scoring options of tarcey G and rebbeca king.

The second teir play to much Steph Cumming and Chantela P are only just. Cumming can make a diff but Chant. P is a 10-12 min player at most.

I'll pick Caps by 6-9 pts

Reply #303841 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Agreed. Last weekend's first half was close only due to Canberra's apparent post-Xmas rust.
Dumping Robinson has left the undersized Bishop to deal with Batkovic & Tolo, which is an impossible task. Elsewhere on the court I feel like the Caps have too much quality as well.
Rangers *could* win, because they do still have a lot of capable players, but they are also inconsistent.
Last week Canberra won by 8, I think the margin will be slightly bigger this time.

Reply #303851 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I'd also take Graf over Wright in terms of making adjustments from last week. Caps easy.

Reply #303852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's good to see the Rangers with a good side and no chance of winning.
I'm in Victoria and the club is ran by ole school non basketballers
They had a small clean out this year but they still need to keep going.
Apparently Mark Wright was endorsed by Major Sponsor and President.
Bad Move....How Many mistakes does someone need to make before they are asked to leave or move on.

1. Dale Waters appointment (he's a dud)
2. Liz Cambage ( Best Female to play at Dandenong)
3. Mark Wright ( bad reputation and living up to it)

I think the caps will win in a close one!!!

Dandenong should reflect on it's organisation and People before they sink. People are talking about them everywhere!!!

Reply #303868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

number two on the last post was losing Liz Cambage

Reply #303869 | Report this post

the insider  
Years ago

i think wright is doin ok it only his first year back from a spell and i think that having his son on the bench will help. rangers by 2 bishop will score 30+

Reply #303882 | Report this post

Hydra 63  
Years ago

Rangers have a good shot at winning, good team thats well coached. had many injuries to deal with after a strong start. i think they will finish top 3 personally

Reply #303914 | Report this post

the woosa  
Years ago

agreed macleod has bounced back well and hopefully cuumming is ok rangers all the way for me. i heard both the wrights father and son are coaching is this true?

Reply #303915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the woosa,

I f you are a fan and have an opinion on their season, how can you not know they have the wrights coaching?

Reply #303917 | Report this post

Hydra 63  
Years ago

i heard 'the woosa' is too busy looking at all the girls to know who is coaching, is that true?

Reply #303926 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i cant believe there is a WNBL team that consists solely of red heads

Reply #303927 | Report this post

the woosa  
Years ago

i actually didnt no marcus was ass coach they dont advertise it anywere i thought it was just chambers. kent which team is full of red heads cause it definetly aint the rangers.

Reply #303930 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

why are they called the rangers then?

Reply #303940 | Report this post

Hydra 63  
Years ago

nice one

Reply #303941 | Report this post

dave-northblock  
Years ago

Canberra have always had a strong side in both mean and women. Dande are a class but will need to work overtime if tey are to win. It seems unlikely

Reply #303945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nongers win - who knew?

Reply #304051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to win in the WNBL away from home.

Except in Adelaide...

Reply #304075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the fool who thinks the Rangers organisation is run by "ole school non basketballers." Have you actually taken a look at the staff within the organisation? As far as an association is run, you wont find much better.

Reply #304482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously comments about the Rangers Association are poised by inside knowledge.

The staff on paper look fantastic, but they have no pull or powers over the system or the organisation commitee board.

The president is in with people who support thier vindictive and personal approach. Lets hope the GM, Basketball Manager and Director of Coaching can change the culture and program set up.

The club is run by non basketball people making non basketball decisions. The corporate credibility of the board is a joke with limited or no corporate experience, not to mention any respectful basketball experience or respect. No Past NBL/SEABL players, No Past Basketball experienced board members.

To understand business and process the club has been in a rut since the Gary Fox departure and the arrival of Dale Waters....Even he can tell people of the respect and treatment of the way the club is run. It now spills in to Mark Wrights hands.

The Mens program has been boring and Warren Dawson was stale and over commited. With good lists the club struggles with the culture filtering down from the top.

The Junior program hasn't been the greatest over the years and other melbourne based clubs with less facilities are catching up and getting better players and better coach's.

Melbourne,Knox,Bulleen are currently way stronger than the Rangers both Boys and Girls and Diamond Valley have improved over the past 2 years with very strong under 18boys and girls teams.

No point having good staff in adgenda based comittee's and boards keep preventing experienced people doing their job.

You just need to ask Gary Fox or Dale Waters for the many examples of poor management and non basketball people making poor decisions.

Good on the person who pointed out Liz Cambage....If the club is fullof super people why won't she play there. Maybe people should ask her that question. You dont play your entire junior career at a club and then turn your back for no reason???????

It raises a few eye brow.....even Dean Kingsman got a roar deal!!!!

As a competitor of the Rangers it's great to see lessons other clubs are learning on how not to let Commitees and Boards run a club.

Basketball clubs need basketball people....

Reply #304561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754