billo
Years ago

Which classic NBA game to choose?

Right, so my social team has a bye this week and we've decided to get together and watch a classic NBA game over a few beers and some pizza.

We're looking for suggestions of epic NBA games whose torrents should be out there on the interwebs ready to be downloaded and consumed.

So far I've come up:

- Kobe's 81 points
- 2002 Lakers Kings game 6 (I've never seen this game)
- Original dream team in action (not sure how easy this would be to find)

Can anyone suggest a classic NBA game we should be watching? And what are the best sites to find torrents of NBA games?

Thanks hoopsters.

Topic #25864 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Mavs V Suns from 2007 - Double OT Thriller, one of my all time favs!

Rockets V Knicks - Game 6 1994 NBA finals - Absolute classic, albeit low scoring.

Reply #323276 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

1984 finals, game 4, the clothesline!

Reply #323279 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

98' NBA finals - Bulls vs. Jazz Game 6
'That shot' by MJ..classic game.

Reply #323282 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The Knicks 1994 suggestion above is heart breaking.

Reply #323283 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Knicks/Pacers finals series from 1993. Reggie Miller starring as the Super-Villan.

With Patrick Ewing fluffing the easiest of layups to give NY the series win.

Reply #323284 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

billo, I only recently got into the whole torrent thing myself - I just clicked on one of the first links in google (called Where Amazing Downloads Happen) and the amount of classic games there was crazy - they have the original 92 Dream Team vs Croatia - and even a few Boomers games too, def worth checking out!

Reply #323303 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

I have tons of classic NBA games on DVD, many that can not be found on the net. I have a site listing everything I have.

http://bradssportgames.weebly.com

Reply #323307 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I have a copy of the Barcelona Olympic Final, Dream Team Vs Croatia on CD, watch it all the time.

Reply #323330 | Report this post

Vader  
Years ago

86 conference final I think

Boston v Atlanta "the duel"

Wilkins goes for 48 and bird has 20 in the last quarter.

Reply #323331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^
88, that would be the game I would go for too.

Reply #323332 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'd go the 92 All Star Game.

Reply #323333 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Magic's rookie year, 1980 Finals vs Philly. Game 6 he scored 42, 15reb, 7ass & 3 steals won the championship away from home and won the Finals MVP. I've never seen the whole game but would love to if anyone has it?

Reply #323346 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Big Marty

That Knicks game is also heart breaking.

Reply #323390 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Game 6, 2003 West Conf finals. Spurs v Dallas. Spurs come back from 20+ down in the third when Steve Kerr (37 years old) drills 4 straight 3's. Stephen Jackson also goes 5/5.

Awesome game.

Reply #323396 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Knicks Pacers games in the 90s at Madison Square Garden is where it's at!!!

Also any games where the Pistons beat up on the bulls before the bulls started to do it back from 91 onwards.

For regular season games, id love to see the Pistons-Nuggets game that was the highest scoring in NBA history.

I watched the isiah thomas 16 pts in 94 seconds game the other day and it wasn't as good as i thought it'd be, most of the 16 pts were free throws and they didn't end up winning anyway.

Reply #323399 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Thanks for the tips all, we ended up going with Dream Team gold medal game and Kobe's 81 point haul.

These suggested games will keep me warm during the lockout!

Reply #323460 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Correction to my earlier post: Indy won that series, but it was a great series.

Apparently you can buy a 6-disc DVD set of the Bulls Triple Crown from 96-98. Apparently it has the best games from all 3 seasons and the majority of the finals series from each year.

Infact, on the subject; I'm very disappointed at the lack of BBall DVD's available in stores; most places I go have an area for them, but have only 1-2 DVD's there, usually the stupid Lakers history collection :(

Reply #323471 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Big Marty - why would a store stock anything when you can buy on-line for less than their wholesale price?

Reply #323510 | Report this post

Avon Barksdale  
Years ago

I have the video of Wilkins and Bird game 7 of the 86 Eastern finals. Before the game Larry said he would guarantee the win. Up until the last qtr Bird was having a sub par performance.... and then Nique and bird go at it, point for point, Bird has 20 in the last qtr for the win. Brilliant game

Reply #323553 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Any game with Rodman defending Bird.

Reply #324349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754