orbit
Years ago

Derek Fisher signs with Thunder

I like this, it proves OKC want to win the c/ship by signing this cagey vet. Whats the bet he hits some big shots in the playoffs to help them advance. They will more than likely have to get past the Lakers as well which adds some spice. With Patty mills @ Spurs it certainly spices up the West Conference guard rotations!

Topic #27858 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Brings experience and past-success to a young team.

Good signing, BUT as an OKC fan, I sure as hell don't want him playing 25 minutes like he has been averaging this season.

Reply #355424 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Good signing. Definitely a great leader and developer for the players off the court and in training.

Reply #355438 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Best fit for both sides, very excited to see Fish in an OKC jersey!

Reply #355479 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Think Fish is on a decline compared to previous years, but can still contribute and will be a good veteran player for a young team.

Reply #355493 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Wearing jersey 37 - a clear tribute to Adam goodes.

Reply #355527 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

BTW How can he legally just not turn up for Houston cos they're not contenders and as a result get sent to a contender? Wouldn't the NBA have some rule preventing players from doing this?

Reply #355528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Houston really wanted him either.....They traded for the draft pick. Right now Fisher offers next to nothing on the court, he could soak up a few minutes here and there but he is a shell of his former self. The value lies in the championship experience he has, I'd think he would almost take a coaching role. He will be that calming influence on Westbrook in tight situations.

Reply #355558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754