Anonymous
Years ago

Kings sign import Corin Henry

Corin Henry. Small but quick pg.

Topic #28381 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Is that the best they could come up with.If true he wont last the season. Denmark very average league.

Reply #363830 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yep, true. Arrived today!

Reply #363831 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ETOnl1MHo

Reply #363832 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

a 5'11 wins defensive player of the year in denmark league... enough said about that league

Reply #363833 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Obvious choice as Shane Heal could/would not appoint somebody who may be better than himself

Reply #363834 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Arrived already???

Too early surely..

Season just finished

Reply #363836 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Corin was quoted on arrival at the airport "I grew up watching the Timberwolves and Shane was a childhood idol of mine"

Reply #363837 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Maybe he'll trial him and then cut him.Got a do better than that.

Reply #363838 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Nope, signed sealed and delivered today! (well, signed about a week or two ago)

Reply #363840 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hey natwhereyouat,

I see you posted a blog about Dorsey playing in the NZNBL.

Just curious, do you live in NZ or Aus? Was a cool article..did you meet him?

Reply #363843 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

He looks like a shoot first, shoot second PG. dont like the chances of bruce getting many shots.

Reply #363849 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

As with most PG college highlights, they concentrate on shooting... check this one out, from last season in Denmark, I think a more rounded representation of what he can hopefully bring to the Kings...

http://vimeo.com/39956338

Reply #363850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his ex college teammate is also in australia playing over here in WA for cockburn Cougars Jeramiah wilson, putting up reasonable numbers ... if you wanna check him out

Reply #363851 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Eric Williams at Corio Bay Big V also played there.

Reply #363865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Showron Glover Mk II. You think the Hawks recruited bad last year. Sydney fans and media are much harsher. If I was shane heal i wouldn't be backing my import pg just yet. Denmark to Australia theres a world of difference between the defense and style of play. Good luck shane.

Reply #363867 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Ok. Second highlight package and still yet to see him make a move to his left. Yeah I know Ervin never used his left much, Homicide also and well Ricky Grace never went right....just sayin.

Reply #363870 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Shoots it every time, idolises Hammer!! Enough said.

Reply #363872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hammer on Twitter said that hes not in the country yet? Yet people are saying he was at the airport?

Reply #363873 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's always tough when you can't get the import in for a trial beforehand, even just working with your guys in a scrimmage would solve a lot of early departures I think, but I like his Denmark package, he still was attacking the rim against some pretty big guys, and really, the NBL isn't a huge league, but boy is he quick... We've really lacked that PG that is able to attack the basket and create for his teammates, he looks to have a good handle and nice quick hands... Nothing more I like in my PGs than the ability to pick pockets, get out and run and get some fast break points for their teammates... It's just a shame that our top two finishers at the rim aren't with us still :(

Reply #363874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There was an even shorter guy that Goorjian pitched to McLeod - wonder if the Kings ever considered him? Horace Wormley or something like that.

As for the signing, Deios58 was first to name him on Hoops, 10 days ago - credit to them!

Reply #363876 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Hammer on Twitter said that hes not in the country yet? Yet people are saying he was at the airport?

I think some people got a bit jump-the-gun in their story enthusiasm, and that Shane was out there regarding trialling another player...

Reply #363877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Wookie, seems crazy to have an import here this early! The second import, what position are they looking for? A big surely?

Reply #363880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We'd be better off with Conner henry

Reply #363884 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Makes sense if you can line up a non basketball job for him between now and next season that enables him to still train with the team. Player gets $$$ that don't impact the salary cap, and you get longer to integrate the player into your team.

Reply #363885 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Shane is on the record as saying a 4/5 big, yeah... Apparently there's an offer in to someone, but if that doesn't work out, Shane is going over to summer leagues...

Corin should be in town in August which I guess is when all the pre-season starts and should be enough time to see how good he works with the rest of our guys... I'd prefer him to fly out beforehand though and get a good look at him just to make sure he's as advertised, but I'm old fashioned like that :)

Reply #363886 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@naph: a sneaky way around the salary cap for next season, are you Seamus is disguise? ;) I'm guess the contract terms would be from August, if something Corletto said in that aussiehoopla interview (about being a stipulation that he needs to be available to the team from August so that's why he's not playing local in the off-season) is true for all, so I'm thinking that that might not be quite possible, despite the other moral and ethical implications... lol

Reply #363888 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So who do kings have signed? Can someone fill in blanks?

Crossy

Mad Dog Bruce
Henry Cooper

Reply #363896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just what the NBL doesn't need. An ex player that the general public knows, who goes an hires a potential dud import straight away!!!! Ffs this sport is its own worst enemy.
He will get cut, not perform, leave Sydney with lack of momentum from home crowd from day one.
How can Heal find a good import from states if he doesn't even know who Harvey Grant was?!?!

Reply #363898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have preferred deleon as the pg for the kings
But he could be pitching some big cash for the second superstar type pf

Reply #363909 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

So who do kings have signed? Can someone fill in blanks?

Henry*(10) / Martin(5)
Madgen(6) / Bruce(7)
Harvey(7) / ???
Inport(10) / Dann(6)
Crosswhite(8) / Garlepp(4)
Total = 63

With one local to come in addition to that 4/5 import, according to Shane...

Reply #363918 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks wookie. Can't be feeling too confident with that lineup tho. The pf import will have to be an absolute gun for them to do well I would think. Can't see Bruce being happy going back to the bench either.

Reply #363934 | Report this post

Hooping  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlaCbjB_7U

or Youtube Kris Clark Basketball- is playing in Australia now

Reply #363935 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Beantown: I'm probably a bit more worried about the SF spot... If we could have kept Bose for another season, that would have given us that bit more depth and I would actually be fairly happy with it, to be honest.

Even if we could have poached Rush from Melbourne (still time, I think, if they've still got that "go if you want" policy happening) then it would be passable.

It's not flashy, but Crossy is a decent pick up, Dann had surgery in the off-season, hopefully with a good pre-season he might get back to 2010/11 form. I like the look of Henry and really, the only guard that might have a problem would be Martin, as if the guys get their heads on straight and think team first, we'll have had the deepest guard rotation we've had in a long time. Madge, Bruce and Harvey legit from outside, Madge and Henry attacking the basket, Henry and Bruce getting the ball to the other guys, it's actually a nice rotation if you take egos out of it. (Best case scenario! lol)

The bigs are looking a bit not up to scratch, but get the right import big and then you've got Dann and Garlepp splitting maybe 15mpg, maybe a bit more to help cover the SF spot, but Madge started there at times against teams when we had Bruce which wasn't terrible, and last ditch effort we get Gynes back who really showed some defensive toughness when given the minutes and just needs to get his shooting confidence after a good college campaign.

It's just a shame that Bose and Jules had to leave as I was SO looking forward to having a really good crack at the playoffs with a really really good young core for the future :(

Reply #363939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a Kings Update...

Corin Henry was a very cheap option!

The office staff is being led by Ian Robillard the same guy who led the Kings players. WTF!!

Next Kings update coming soon...

Reply #363964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the import pf/c be Ira Clark? Played with heal in Europe.

Reply #363966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Henry was cheap he's 5-10!

Reply #363970 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

ABA level import. The Kings are a disaster waiting to happen. Wooden spoon beckons.

Reply #363973 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

You're right Wookie, by picking up Crosswhite, you've somewhat mitigated the disaster of losing the league's best big man. But losing possibly the league's best young swingman on top of that in Bose, is really going to hurt.

With Henry signed, the Kings have only one import spot remaining and they really need help at both PF and SF. Its gonna be tough to fill those two spots with quality at this point.

Definitely seems a head scratcher to me that Heal would use one import slot on a PG when he already has Bruce and Martin.

Reply #363991 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yes, that's why out of both of them, I was saying that losing Bose was the worst thing as replacements are so rarely available. I mean, we were always going to lose him sooner rather than later, but I had hoped we had one more season left at least. Jules leaving was a surprise on top of that, I had hoped, like Knight, he'd had his fill of OS...

I think Shane might be a victim of his comments last season, as it was always about an (experienced) US import PG. We needed one last season, but this season, with Martin already signed, I guess he's seeing Madge filling a SF role a bit more?

I toyed with the option of wondering what it would be like with Bruce running the show at PG and getting an import 3/4 & 4/5 as we're strong at the 1 with Bruce than we are at the 3 with Harvey.

It's interesting that while he still looks pretty good, he's only a season out of college, not the experienced leader that we had in Dickel (that paid dividends) wrapped up in a flashy, aggressive US PG.

I guess we can only hope for a really good 4/5 import and that defence wins games :)

Reply #364000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754