Anonymous
Years ago

Taipans Academy?

Does anyone have any latest news on the Taipans Academy?
I saw it announced a few months back but nothing recent.
Who is the coach?

Topic #28492 | Report this topic

Venom  
Years ago

Mick Downer is running it at the moment, but they will be hiring a 2nd assistant coach for the club who will run it

Reply #365891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does one become a part of the academy?

Reply #365907 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Last time it was by application to the Taipans Office or they asked prospective juniors. Call or email the office

Reply #365920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Venom, Do you know if they will advertise the coaching position or do they have someone already in mind?

Reply #365924 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I would think they already have a coach and prospective members in mind.

Reply #365958 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Last media release they said they would hire a 2nd Assistant coach to run the academy. They've had Jawai, Baynes, Williams and Worthington through the Academy previously so its a combination of regional juniors and national prospects applying/offered places.

I would assume they would offer the 2nd assistant coaches role to internal people first (already involved with Cairns Bball) then seek expressions of interest externally. It never hurts to ring the Taipans office and find out more if interested.

Reply #366228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754