Jack Toft
Years ago

R11 ABL Action - Rivalry Round

Mavs-Lions
Women: With Tess away and the Lionesses hurting after 3 losses, looks like the Lionesses will be out to make someone feel their pain. If they start like a tornando, they might even be able to clear their bench.
Men: Being 0-10 is not a pretty sight, but worse things could happen. After all, the Lions could beat you at home.

Flames-Rockets
Women: MOTR. Flames have been setting the pace and with 7 on the trot, North are hotter than Johnny Haysman in a leotard. Pretty brave to tip against the Flames, but the Rockets will push them up to the edge of the cliff. Can they give them one extra little push?
Men: Matty Lycett will be trying to make it a good night for him, but North are likely to make it bad night for the Flames. North too strong, too deep, too bad for the Flames.

Tigers-Panthers
Women: Everyone is entitled to one bad game per season, that's why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils. The Tigeresses had their's last round, but with a home court for the next four games, might be a bad night for the Panthers.
Men: No home win for the Tigers yet and this could be a good opportunity to break this duck. Then again, season 2012 is like a teflon coated luge circuit for the Tigers. Panther men to even the ledger at one all.

Sabres-Eagles
Women: As we all know, Forestville is better in the girls that Sturt and this will be shown tonight. Forestville and wins go together like Alby Mangels and Belinda Green.
Men: Forestville always outperform Sturt in the hen's, but we all know the Sturt roosters rule the chicken farm. Still, some say Sturt-Forestville games are always a good cockfight.

Warriors-Bearcats
Women: The battle for the west is on. Both teams are in just in touch with the 5, but their grip on the slippery pole loosens with each loss. Woodville seem a bit more perky and with the home court should ensure West start thinking about 2013.
Men: Both teams need to win to hold and jostle in the top 5. Another cracking game tonight with no clear favourite. West won by 7 last time and I don’t know who to give my kiss of death to. West should win, but Woodville could suspend their celebrations.

Topic #28568 | Report this topic

Anon12  
Years ago

Jack - once again a great summary which I hope people appreciate. I'm not sure that all would understand the Johnny Haysman reference (definitely shows your/our age).

Reply #367074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Johnny a couple of weeks ago on a sunday night in Victoria square dancing away in front of the fountain.

Reply #367078 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

This week is a double header round isn't it, with games on Sat and Sun?

Reply #367079 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, I'll do R12 tomorrow

Reply #367081 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Can the phrase if there is gonna be a blowout, where Team A will lose to Team B, perhaps the following could be mentioned:

"Team A will be the Christmas tree to Team B's Grant Hackett!"

Reply #367086 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

Or maybe the piano.

Reply #367088 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Don't forget Johnny's gumboots, normally white or pink! ;)

Reply #367136 | Report this post

dinga  
Years ago

Having looked at a few of the games from afar this season there is one glaring query I have. What is with the Tigers this season. They haven't seemed to improve over the last few season and looking at the stats a few of their better and more experienced players are barely getting a run. Coahing seems to be the issue. Why would you sit one of your more loyal and best players in Florance for as long as he did last week and have another player play 30+mins and barely register a stat?

Reply #367199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the coach has no idea?

Reply #367208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Tess was back this weekend. Should make Mt Barker a tougher trip for the lady lions

Reply #367236 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Tess there, Mavs win, Tess away, Mavs lose. For any game this season, without her they are terrible!

Reply #367258 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

heard that Tess was away this weekend returns for round 13

Reply #367273 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

There goes their chances then.

Reply #367279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my bet is florance wont be with them next season

Reply #367347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You one of his mates that sits on the bench bagging the coach, wouldn't help the situation!!

Reply #367357 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

anyone know the womens final score for the eagles v sturt game cant get web stats up

Reply #367441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt were winning before stats dropped out by about 20 in 4th qtr, don't know final result.

Reply #367447 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Westies men smashed Woodville

West woman won also

Reply #367453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt women won 77 - 63.
Forestville men won 75 -55

Reply #367454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry 72 - 55

Reply #367456 | Report this post

___  
Years ago

what happen with the sturt v forestville game surely forestville shouldve won that game

Reply #367462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rocket over flames by a point in the mens

Reply #367463 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Return of Burgess adds steadying influence, better shooting from better options. Absence of Minnear & bad first half shooting from Forestville big factors.

Reply #367464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Minear is a huge absents for them. That would be one of the reasons.

Reply #367468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won north v Norwood women's game

Reply #367470 | Report this post

___  
Years ago

I heard norwood women by quite a bit (20 odd)

Reply #367478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think north men by 3. Norwood need to get some juniors into the program as without outside additions of import and lycett they didn't have any real contributors

Reply #367480 | Report this post

hog82  
Years ago

Norwood shot 4/30 3 pointers! Why would a team making so few shoot so many? That is really very poor. There's your reason for losing right there.

Reply #367496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess you have to ask the coach!!

Reply #367750 | Report this post

hog82  
Years ago

Thnaks for the insightful response, but it was a rhetorical question. I didn't actually need you to answer. The point is, shooting that poorly is not going to help you beat any decent side at all.

Reply #367760 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Why ask a rhetorical question?

Reply #367768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think North shot poorly too

Reply #367849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hog82,

Actually it was a good answer. Why did the coach let them shoot so many threes and not get to the ring more especially when due to North injury Norwood were in fact bigger.

So why did the coach not fix it (that is a rhetorical question)

Reply #367850 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Maybe because they live and die by the three pointer???
If it has been their game plan all year and they have been winning why change it?
When you do the maths, if they shoot 10 3 pointers and make 1, but would normally make 4, then the next 10 they shoot they will make 7!!! :)
They only bad shot was the one they didn't take...
Are these any good answers??? ;)

Reply #367878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther,

When it doesn't work you need to have a plan B. Someone lost their job because they didn't have a plan B.

We have too many players reaching their use by dates but unfortunately we don't have many coming through from our self professed jinior development plan. Our recent improvement has been due to an import and to securing an ex North junior and if we had more of our own players I doubt he should be getting the minutes he does based on current output.

Reply #367885 | Report this post

mimasmimas  
Years ago

Very good Jack, I see what you did there.

Reply #367956 | Report this post

dione  
Years ago

Norwood have had some very good juniors come through their program in recent years (by good I mean guys that would be good at ABL level), but the best of them seem to be elsewhere or not playing anymore.

Habving said that, looks like they need a good cleanout of their ABL squad soon and blood more juniors.

Reply #367957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you will find the reason they jacked up so many 3's is because north sat in a 1:3:1 zone most of the game

Reply #367963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Brad was outcoached by Pero!!

Reply #368025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754