KET
Years ago

Trial game: 36ers vs Nicholls State Colonels

36ers win 85-75, Weigh and Creek top scoring with 23 points, 17 for Johnson and 8 for Cadee and Petrie.

Adelaide shot 2/23 (9%) from three while the Colonels shot at a more reasonable 41% with 9/22. As we already know, Adelaide needs a three point shooter.

Stats Here:
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/6542/01/38/88/39LjbnlDiNbZU

Topic #28956 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Oh and Weigh went 1/7 from three.

Reply #373668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 things I take from this (I didn't see it).
1. Weigh 23 points-If healthy can be a very good player in this league.

2. Creek 23 points-If he can take a jump into a good pro then the sixers become extremely dangerous.

3. Cadee 7 assists-Shouldn't need to score too much in this team, just needs to run the offence.

Reply #373670 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Creek was the stand out. Defensively and offensively.
Cadee had some nice passes and lay-ups.
Johnson had a night to forget. Missed quite a few under the basket.
Petrie was a bit rusty. Rebounded well, but turned it over too much.
Weigh was patchy as usual. Settled for the three too often, but still found ways to score. Probably our most consistent offensive threat tonight.
Sutton didn't put up a.shot from what I saw. couple nice passes, but I remember him being better than that.
Warbout was what I expect from him. Too short for his skill set.
Madgen and Spear were pretty meh.

Shooting and finishing under the basket needs plenty of work. Perimeter defence too. Passing was reasonably good for a new team. We need a shooter with that import spot.
Recovered from a very slow start to win, so not too bad considering we had potentially 3 starters missing (if the import becomes a.starter over Cadee).

Reply #373671 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It wasn't the 30+ smashing like I thought. Schenscher would have added another 20 so that makes it 30 ;)

Reply #373672 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cadee will be starting I am pretty sure.

Reply #373675 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

42 free throws to 14, was their some home cooking? Imagine the hype about Creek had he chose to go to college. I think taking the tougher road will be good for him in the long run though.

Reply #373676 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

It was decent after the second half. Johnson as mentioned above was horrendous, Creek was his usual high effort self and the best of the bunch. I liked No. 1 from there team as well, seemed aggressive but in control for the most part.

Just hope it was not the last time these guys play at the stadium.

Reply #373678 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

How many people at the game?

Reply #373679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys have no idea how dynamite creek and cadee will be together...lob city in adelaide. they have great chemistry from their time together in the capital.

Reply #373683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About 1000 there tonight

Reply #373687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing I take from this game is that you cant take a thing from this game! Just a warm up for a few guys, nothing like game conditions.

Reply #373688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the game was rather pathetic. just wasnt a professional level of basketball from adelaide at all and Nicholls state looked the better team. I know we only had 5 actual 36er players but they actually looked outclassed I dont even know how we won. It is an indictment on our league that a middle of the road college team could get that close.

Reply #373689 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

Nicholls guys played good, but we made them look better with our horrendous shooting & turnovers. Our skill level was avg at best. Creek was a class above all night with & without the ball, hopefully this is sign of things to come from Mitch...cheap merchandise as well good night out!

Reply #373692 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Creek ran the floor hard all night and was rewarded with many layups and fast break points. He also looks to be strongest 6er out there with very big arms and shoulders

Reply #373701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek certainly looked to have stepped up and actually landed some shots-finally. When you consider the opposition had landed in Adelaide 24 hours prior to the game after a 27 hour series of flights, had no practice facilities available, had only 3 weeks training prior to leaving and had 3 players having their first hit-out following major knee surgeries; the sixers have a way to go before they will be competitive. But a good night out nevertheless.

Reply #373793 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Bit dissapointed with DJ not sticking out and signing some stuff for the kids, everyone else did a lap and he was out for what 3 minutes?
Even though the game wasnt flashy I was just happy to be out watching ball again.

Reply #373853 | Report this post

Allme  
Years ago

There is no way Cade is better than daly. Just another of Marty's 'boys'!

Reply #373869 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

So you didn't watch the game then. Cadee was extremely efficient, a great pick up for the 36ers. Daly tried out for the hawks and was not regarded as the best at the trial. Reports had him as maybe 3rd or 4th best of the battle for the last spot. Cadee mean whe was all star 5 at the stankovic cup.

Reply #373871 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I thought Cadee was better in the 2nd half with his distribution, especially on the penetration. I have never really cared too much for him, as to me he looks small or weak somewhat but I'm sure he can run the point ok and get his own at times.

Reply #373925 | Report this post

Oops  
Years ago

Where is madgen and spear going to college? Thought NCAA says no matches or games until America?

Reply #373947 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Can't imagine they were paid for that. So wouldn't be an issue.

Reply #373963 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Havent the NCAA changed the rules so you can play in a league as long as you dont get paid?

Reply #373971 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'Seems there's a new rule . Ya can be a Development Player now.' I heard Gaze say.

Reply #373973 | Report this post

Ok  
Years ago

You can be a dev player but can't play in a match condition I thought

Reply #374038 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This is the new rule:

2. Amateurism - All Sports.

a. You are not eligible for participation in a sport if you have ever:

(3) Played on any professional athletics team as defined by the NCAA in that sport.

Exception: Prior to enrollment, in sports other than men's ice hockey and skiing, you competed on a professional team provided you did not receive more than actual and necessary expenses.

Reply #374044 | Report this post

Vic  
Years ago

Yeh but that's prior to enrollment diff once your enrolled. And thin
K the applies to kids that don't gap year? Their rules are odd

Reply #374097 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Mitch Creek will be a very good player once he learns how to hit a shot from the outside.
He is very similar to both Newley and Ingles at this stage of his career but is further behind in his outside shooting.
This is where playing against a team that knows nothing about him he will go ok because they will close out hard but playing against sides that know his game he will be forced to shoot rather than let him penetrate. He relies too much on his athleticism at this stage.

Reply #374306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754