Pick up game
Years ago

Chanel 9 report 36ers statement

On the news tonight they reported that the owner of the 36ers had issued a statement regarding a meeting this week about the long term success of the club

Where do we see this statement?

Anyone know?

Topic #30455 | Report this topic

giggles  
Years ago

The statement is easily viewed by the ladder.

Reply #397171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A mate just txt me saying a meeting had taken place and it was all over the tv and radio....

Time to pack 'coaching' staff perhaps.

Reply #397172 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Saw the report on news but havent seen anything official from the clud, any1 have a link?

Reply #397184 | Report this post

Blu  
Years ago

Why does every team Gibson play for fold?

Reply #397193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did the report day?

Reply #397194 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

FOLD?

WTF.

Reply #397195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it does fold, Marty will be remembered as the man who killed the sixers.

Reply #397196 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anon'196...

A company I worked for was forced closed once, I was one of the last employees left to close the doors.

Did I kill the company?

Reply #397199 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Probably if your work is anything like your opinion of coaches

Reply #397200 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Probably not Marcus. But in this instance, if this was to happen, then Marty did.

Reply #397201 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Seriously Camby, how the hell would we know if you did or didn't? Poor example and most likely just a troll comment. Leave posting to the people who are actually going to stay on topic.

Reply #397202 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Nice one Spinner - spot on mate!!

Reply #397208 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

was that the north melboune giants Marcus ?

Reply #397210 | Report this post

Pick up game  
Years ago

So can anyone confirm the statement from the club?
9 said that the club had issued a statement where Daryl Simmons had said they would hold a meeting to discuss the issues and that they expected to win but wanted to make sure they did the right thing for the long term success of the club

didn't sound anything like not existing?

Reply #397212 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A little basketball to Spinner

Reply #397214 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

You guys have been on and on about the club and it could be that the owner has had enough and will withdraw his support.

So instead of bagging the club, the admin, the coaches and players, you will have nothing to worry about as you will have nothing to watch

Reply #397215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ERMAGERD! Could old man Simmons be about to sack marty clarke?

Reply #397224 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Maybe Boti was onto something after all...

Reply #397225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was also a mention of a board meeting on 5aa sports show. Basically theres a meeting happening where all things will be discussed, coaching, stadium, team etc and can expect a statement regarding those findings soon.

My bet is its about Martys future, and a discussion about an interm coach. Lets see what happens!

Reply #397231 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A medal to Spinner please. Nothing but Pure Gold.

Reply #397233 | Report this post

koch  
Years ago

Community Ownership is on the cards.

Reply #397235 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Relocating to the Gold Coast.

Reply #397244 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I hope that was a joke Paul.

Reply #397245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers to drop out of NBL and participate in SEABL.

Clarke and Radford to coach the team for years to come.

Reply #397248 | Report this post

Blu  
Years ago

Gold^

Reply #397254 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From Adelaidenow - 36ers to discuss future of struggling coach Marty Clarke:

"The 36ers board will be meeting this week to discuss the current team performance, along with other relevant board matters," Simmons said.

"The club will communicate key decisions to its partners, members, fans and the media as soon as practically possible, but will not be rushed in its process.

"The board is completely focused on the long-term success and sustainability of this club and will use this principle as the basis for any decision."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-board-to-discuss-future-of-struggling-coach-marty-clarke/story-fnanosvn-1226549205988

Reply #397277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HALLELUJAH! The club is listening, we want action, we are getting action!

Reply #397278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Action? If the meeting is on Friday no way they are replacing Clarke before the Sydney game.

Reply #397283 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

As far as the coaching staff goes, there can only really three outcomes:

1. No support - sacked immediately - huge win
2. Some support - sacked at end of season - moderate win
3. Full support - sacked in two weeks :p - win

Reply #397296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon it will be to announce that they are closing up shop at end of season and that team may go to community ownership model.
Coaches will thefore stay til end of season

Reply #397333 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Will it be that bad if the 6ers go to community ownership?

Reply #397343 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Lets hope SOS and the board have the same support for Marty & Radford as Anstey had for Braswell!!

Reply #397345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to late for the community ownership model to work.
The SoS shpuld have already looked at it, they had the chance to go down that road and for what ever reason they didn't go that way. Would look pretty foolish to now do it.

Reply #397351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not too late.

Reply #397352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not too late for a commmunity model. Let's hope Simmons announces he'll stick around to implement a successful community model and put the right people (coaches & admin staff) in place to bring the club back to its rightful place and future success.

Any with any luck, when Marty finally does leave the building Marcus Camby will disappear with him!!

Reply #397359 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to doubt that the person posting in here is ACTUALLY Marcus Camby.

The Knicks hosted the Celtics today - ain't nobody got time for that AND Hoops.

Reply #397381 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Loco...no problem.

I only played 9 mins tonight, plenty of time to post.

Sheed, Melo and Amare sends their love to Marty and Mark.

Reply #397386 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

Has anyone thought about the possibility that the board will discuss Ken Coles' offer?

Reply #397409 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^ I don't let myself dream that big.

That would single handedly restore my faith in humanity.

And now that I think about it... it makes a lot of sense.

See what you did?

Now my hopes are up.

Reply #397411 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I don't think the board will. Was there a fomral offer from COle as it seems more hype than anything else.

I am sure he would love to buy the club but Ken is terminally ill with cancer. From what I understand he would need others to invest with him. IMO it just doesn;t sound that strong.

Reply #397414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People need to buy into the community model. Government sponsorship too. both local and state. Having a venue would help too. Will the state government put up the guarantee like Cairns? Subsidised venue rental? LOts of hurdels ahead. it's far harder than people think.

Reply #397434 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Last i heard Cole doesn't even own his own house let alone have cash to pump into an NBL team. Last time he was in Adelaide he went to the media with a bunch of grand statements that had no basis.

Reply #397439 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Was statement even released?

Surely start of the week would be ideal to pull the trigger. Makes you wonder?

Not sure why a board meeting is required to determine coaching direction either. If that is indeed the case. Obviously, some sort of group decision has to be agreed upon, ideally, but wouldn't you think that decision would of been made immediately after sydney game or earlier? Not several days later, after the team has trained and prepared for a game under a coach facing the chop. Not like teams fortunes have dramatically changed.

Have to be ruthless when it comes to this IMO. Could of had a full week under replacement. (assuming clarke looses his job). Will support either way.

Reply #397449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have complete faith that the govt will pour money into the 36ers, in support of their fan base.

It's a vote winner giving the disadvantaged hand outs.

Reply #397453 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I have complete faith that the govt will pour money into the 36ers, in support of their fan base.

No they won't, the State Gov have no money and they're cutting funding to just about everything.

It's a vote winner giving the disadvantaged hand outs.
It wouldn't be a vote winner, not many people really care about the 36ers.

Reply #397477 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'm sure current owners would seriously entertain any offers from a party willing to put up a reasonable deposit and forwarding the appropriate paperwork.

Lots of talk floating around but has any of the above been formally submitted. Raises doubt about the authenticity of all the talk if not.

Perhaps all this has come to fruition in the past week. The General is still very popular with a certain HOFer.

Reply #397491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher all the way, just watch.

Reply #397514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers will fold if Ken Cole doesnt buy them.

Reply #397519 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Maher has said several times that he doesn't want the job.

Reply #397554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QUOTE: Loco

"Maher has said several times that he doesn't want the job."

That doesn't stop the speculation here though, despite it being Brett Maher that said it. ; )

Honestly, why would he dive into this cesspool? He's getting paid to commentate, & free to smirk at the 36er rabble (that's how it comes across to me anyway).

Reply #397565 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

As posted on another thread:

http://backpagelead.com.au/basketball/8332-36ers-shock-new-owners-coach-players-on-cards

Reply #397590 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

People can change their minds Loco, even Brett Maher.

Do people wonder if any of the current NBL coaches would be interested in Adelaide next season?

Reply #397618 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I don't see why any coach wouldn't want to coach at Adelaide seems like an easy job at the moment you don't have to get results and your contract will still be honoured.

Reply #397668 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@BK...

Could it be :

- The Weekly 'sack the Coach' threads after every loss?
- Booing the team at home on National TV?
- General disrespect for the coaching and administration team?
- Threads about who to sack and who to keep next year when the season is half way through?
- Twitter'sphere is so ugly that players have to stick up for their coach?
- Posts from 'knowledgable fans' hoping the sixers will lose so the coach is closer to being shown the door?

The list goes on.

Reply #397679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Agree. Knowledgable crowd, not any more...

Reply #397685 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

@marcus maybe if Marty did what he said he was going to do there wouldn't be so much back lash Marty said i have a three year plan well there is half a year of his three year plan left and nothing has changed except for the players playing for the team we are still on the bottom half of the ladder. Marty said we will make finals this season that is highly unlikely cos we are 8games behind wollongong in 4th spot and have melbourne and townsville in front of us. I have been at post game interviews where Marty has said we will win the next game and not even been able to deliver that. He should be a politician i think he would be very successfull all talk no action.

Reply #397707 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd say any coach would expect backlash from fans after being supported for over two years with nothing to show for it.

Reply #397714 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

I wonder if we would regain the "most knowledgeable" crowd tag, if or when we have a coaching change and the sixers start winning? Would administatration and marty supporters then concede that maybe things should have happened earlier? I know this is speculatory, but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

Reply #397731 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@BK...

Yes I share your frustration but none of the warrants booing your own team at a televised home game.

None of that warrants hoping the 6ers will lose, or refusing to go to games until the Coach is booted.

You can show passionate support and still do it with class.

Reply #397742 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I never booed am a season ticket holder and go to every game hoping this one will be different from the last 8 games but have lost a lot of faith. The point i was trying to make is it looks like management accept poor performances and will stand behind you no matter how bad it gets who wouldn't like a job where it wouldn't matter how bad you performed you still get paid

Reply #397782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is a coaches graveyard. "Go and get Goorjian", people say. Goorjian wouldn't piss on Adelaide if it was on fire.

Go and get Brett Maher. Rehash an old glory guy and reheat some leftovers: Al Green or Phil and see how they fare.

You're not a knowledgeable fan-base, you're totally ignorant.

Once this is all done and dusted, Clarke will get an NBL title before Adelaide. Watch.

Reply #397784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Clarke does he'll piss off all the fans in the media, drive crowds down, forget that fans are paying customers and destroy a team's following.

Maybe Clarke might improve in the future, good luck to him if he does, but there sure as hell is no signs of progress here. He needs to step down, for the sake of the club ASAP before he kills the brand even more.

Reply #397785 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Nothing is 'kiiling the brand' more than the booing from home fans and the constant Sack Marty chatter.

Reply #397825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or the constant losing by Marty!

The fact this dud is screaming towards a second wooden-spoon in 3 seasons, this time with a loaded roster says it all.

The only joy I get out of Marty Clarke destroying the 36ers these past 3 years is that he'll never get a HC gig in the NBL again.

Adios.

Reply #397831 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What's happening in the WNBL?

Reply #397836 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's a simple equation - win games and it all goes away.

Reply #397889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754