Mick
Years ago

Andrew Bogut Out "Indefinitely" with Back Spasms

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21754186/warriors-andrew-bogut-out-indefinitely-with-back-spasms

What is his problem? Carrying too much weight? Not enough core strength? Coming back too early from past injuries? Just horrid luck?

Topic #30931 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its simply just hapens to some athletes. For whatever reason, his height his family genes, he is just more suseptable to this type of breakdown.

Reply #406258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

poor guy...

Reply #406285 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

where's a good poll when you need one.

Reply #406288 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Did I say "poll"?
Sorry, Freudian slip.
I meant troll.

Reply #406289 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

His NBA career is all but over, looks like he won't be playing for the Boomers in the worlds next year either. He would be too risky to take anyway.

Reply #406407 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Some harsh critics posting on that article, that obviously don't know anything about how physical it is to play basketball in the post!

Andrew plays a physical brand of basketball in the most demanding spot on the court.

I do hope he can recover, this is not good news...

Reply #406465 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

I blame the Richard Dickel Era.

Reply #406532 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

He's needs to pack his bags and get some work done on his back. Batman could do it lol

Reply #406548 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

His career isn't over, Triton. Bogut at 50% is still a productive NBA player.

It's just one step closer to calling curtains on the notion that he will ever be back to playing at a high level during his prime NBA years.

Reply #406558 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Was he injury prone before the NBA?

I'm guessing probably not, as otherwise he wouldn't have been a No.1 draft pick, but don't know for sure.

Reply #406586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has had issues with back spasms whole career.
Stress fracture in foot in second season.

Since then, FREAK elbow injury, unavoidable.

Landing on someone's foot, happens regulary. Unlucky he is 7'0 and 100+ kg's. Does anyone remember that in that game he had 4 blocks and around 8 points in the first quarter?!?!?

Wouldnt say as much injury prone as just unlucky.

Reply #406601 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Its unlucky for him a talented big man never really has shown what he is capable of, hopefully he'll be back for next season ready to play.

Lucky for him he signed that big 5 year $60 million contract because workers comp/ disability payments aren't that great. (although Bogut always seemed more than willing to put others down who are out of work through his twitter).

He's an unrestricted free agent next year, any guesses as to whats going through the minds of GSW front office?

Reply #407020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754