Quagmire
Years ago

Can Knicks win in Indy?

Heart wants a knick win, but the head says there is little hope.

Paul George gets right under Melo with every shot, yet keeps his feet wide so Melo struggles to get round him. Outstanding defence. Some of Melo's shots look open, until you notice George is right under him, which causes the shooter to be off balance.

Indy will win because they are better at stopping the knicks doing what they like, and the knicks struggle to stop Indy doing what indy likes.

The Melo at the 4 idea is flawed.

If you are limited to one rebounder/shotblocker like the knicks are with chandler, a simple screen and drive kills you. Even if the driver shoots a brick against chandlers D, who is left to beat Hibbert AND West off the offensive glass? A missed shot becomes almost an assist!

Indy had scored 20 of their 65 points off 2nd chances. That number will only go up in Indy.

The knicks on the other hand, are usually one and done in offence.

So, barring a shooting explosion from both Melo and Smith, i can only see Indy grinding out a win, perhaps a blowout as the knicks try to play catch up later.

(Those of you thinking this is an attempt at a reverse mocker, you are spot on.)

Topic #31702 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Forgot to mention that the NBA would rather a Knicks Heat conf finals match-up so i'm looking for Hibbert or West to get in foul trouble early.

Reply #419286 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

yes

Reply #419290 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

I think so

Reply #419301 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Inb4 REFBALL

Reply #419313 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Woodson needs to fix his subs. He's abandoned guys like Kidd in these playoffs and late in the season, needs to give Copeland some minutes and confidence, Kmart should be starting with Chandler to cover the boards. If the Knicks attack the offensive boards, share the ball and play some defence again then I can't see them losing. It's really going to come down to rebounding and fouls by the looks of it though.

Reply #419315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ricey, Kidd hadn't scored in 9 straight games. Could make it 10 straight today.

Reply #419362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754