bring it
Years ago

Going rate for Naming Rights Sponsorship in various leagues

What`s the going rate for a naming rights sponsor for teams..Seabl, BIG V etc/

Topic #33371 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on what there putting there name to wouldn't it?

Reply #450243 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Bring it, i would think for a D1 or D2 BigV team it would be upwards of 5k per season. Champ clubs might ask for a bit more given the level of competition is more "elite" and possibly gains more exposure. That being said, i have witnessed a club give naming rights away for $500 a season...... Awesome deal!

Reply #450245 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I would think for a SEABL club around 7-10k but it depends on the size.Bendigo, Geelong and Hobart would be a bit higher. Beth Davis would have a good idea.

Reply #450248 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

It depends on the club/team.
Size, reach, marketability, advertising, what is included in the naming rights partnership, what the sponsor wants from the partnership. Extremely subjective and no blanket approach or figure can be put on it. I can tell you that a club like Geelong that not only has a large stadium and regular crowd attendance, but also fairly prominent in the community and local media, would be worth a lot more than 10k per year.

What's the reason for the question bring it? Are you from a club looking to take naming rights into the market place? Are you a sponsor looking to invest in naming rights of a basketball team?

Reply #450249 | Report this post

bring it  
Years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys, reason for asking..... it is that time of year when clubs are announcing there deals on the websites and social media. Just curious as to people thoughts on the value of the deals.

Reply #450296 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would say a regional town would have more pull than a inner suburban club.

Naming Rights (Sponsorship) is all about advertising. If you are located in a major town with its own radio station or TV station or newspaper, then that is worth more than if you are in a suburb with mainstream media outlets.

Media outlets are always looking for stories to fill the gaps between advertisements, so with a good media person at a club, the local rag can be filled with stories and regular articles about the "Ansett Aardvarks", which then gives "Ansett" great, regular exposure and so more opportunity to promote them and thus more opportunity to ask them for more money.

With a club based in the metro area, the mainstream TV stations don't really cover local sport, so there's no promotion opportunities there, the radio may give it a mention between AFL stories, but only if there is a scandal, and the newspaper might mention the grand final, but then use the old logo, wrong names etc.

Reply #450299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seabl clubs would be at the $20-30K per year range...and some of the bigger teams would more again

Reply #450325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754