Anonymous
Years ago

New AIS logo

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/ais-adopts-new-logo-20140203-31vlh.html

Personally I don't like it.

Does this mean our Centre of Excellence men's team will be wearing gold uniforms when they compete in the SEABL this season?

Topic #33620 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I like it.

Reply #455349 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Anybody like to put a figure on what that cost?

Reply #455350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A crumpled up ribbon, very creative

Reply #455351 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

A crumpled up ribbon in the shape of Australia, that is.

Reply #455354 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I like it.

"Anybody like to put a figure on what that cost?"

After considering this I'll probably like it a whole lot less.

Reply #455355 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

To do the research and design it etc probably somewhere in the viscinity of 40k from previous experience. I agree it looks like a piece of ribbon to me.

Reply #455356 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

Looks like an athletics track - does this show where the AIS focus will be?

Reply #455357 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I like it.

Reply #455361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My 15 year old sone is a wizz on computer graphics design and could have done it for $40.00.

I thought the AIS changed it's name to COE?

I'm confused!

Reply #455362 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

I like the Letters ......

Reply #455371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wear it for the small part of their SEABL season.

Reply #455373 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Keep in mind, as that is the finished product, which was signed off by the AIS, the designer(s) would have spent a lot of time with research and concepts. That is where a lot of the costs would come from. Then even more money goes into replacing the old logo with this one on signs, stationery etc...

Quite often the client picks the worst version out of all concepts presented to it, so don't blame the designers!

I don't particularly like the logo. I think the size of the font is too big and the font doesn't suit the letters 'AIS'. It kind of looks a bit rushed and not very original or unique. Plus the drop shadow and vignette in the ribbon/race track/map of Australia whatever it is/ kind of gives the impression of trying to 'polish a turd' (industry slang).

Reply #455383 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

9 stripes = 9 lanes in an Olympic running track ?

Reply #455387 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I like it.
Though I wish there was more gold in it, and less bronze ;)

Reply #455392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's in the shape of Australia. Which I kind of like but the AIS font is so ordinary it hurts...

all in all, its not an improvement from the previous and as a logo (i.e. an image to represent) it isn't anywhere near powerful enough to stand out on its own.

Total Fail

Reply #455397 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Is it just me or is it a bit Commonwealth Bank'ish...?

Reply #455408 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

there isn't a logo that exists to appeal to every punter..

personally I like it..

50% won't

Reply #455421 | Report this post

Hot Sauce  
Years ago

"Where's Tassie?", I hear you ask? All playing for Vic Metro

Reply #455486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boom boom

Reply #455501 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

reported today that it cost close to 500k to develop.

Reply #455552 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

"Where's Tassie?", I hear you ask? All playing for Vic Metro - Best comment i have read so far on Hoops hahahahahaha

Reply #455564 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Logo cost = $500,000 in total according to article in The Age!

Reply #455565 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I thought 40k was alot but $500k WOW!!!! Could of gone to the newsagents and bought some ribbon.....

Reply #455575 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

A lot of people really don't understand how much it costs to re-brand a company especially one as large as the AIS. The $500K would include all printing and installation costs, and to replace everything that had the old logo with the new one such as signs, billboards, marketing collateral, advertising etc...

The logo design, regardless what you think of it, is irrelevant as that would only be a small % of the overall cost.

Reply #455586 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Wildcats fan, the article I read actually said nearly 500k in development costs, not implementation. The journo might have it wrong...

Reply #455587 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Its possible. I would have thought that cost is for the whole overhaul. $500K is a lot for just the development. However looking at some major companies the logo cost alone is in a similar price range.

http://stocklogos.com/topic/famous-logo-designs-and-how-much-did-they-cost

These say just logos only, but it might imply their entire rebranding process.

Reply #455588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow ppl in marketing are rorting corporations. $500k what a joke. I thought the new wave of NBL club logos were bad but at least they use MS Paint and aren't stupid enough to shell out half a mil.

Oh wait as AIS is gov. funded that means the country paid for it right? What an absolute f**k you to the citizens of this nation.

Reply #455617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's ok - but will get lost among however many other logos use the shape of Australia.

The original was unique and must have had huge value as brand given how many cereal packets it has been on etc. I loved the old one, and dont mind it being retro. If they wanted to refresh it / update the styling that would have been fine (eg Windows logo).

But to start again with a new brand smacks of small mindedness and executives wanting to stroke their own ego. In going down this path they really needed something brilliant - ie that looked great / had cut through, was unique and readily identifiable, and was at least as good as what it was replacing (eg Woolworths and BP).

Reply #455684 | Report this post

Kyle Rauter  
Years ago

i think the colour scheme that iv seen which will be a really ugly dark blue and yellow, not embroided emblem. the shirt looks like a cheap knock off shirt that will tear or fade after 2 washes, couldn't wear that colour combo in public without looking like a tosser or commonwealth bank worker. shouldve made the colour scheme gold,white and black to go with the new logo

Reply #467762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754