Anonymous
Years ago

Which Aussies might go in the next NBA draft?

Which Aussies do you think will be picked up in the next draft ?

Topic #34041 | Report this topic

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Dante Exum will be a top 5 pick

Reply #464521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dante the only one.

Reply #464524 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Is Bairstow a chance?

Reply #464526 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Only Exum a sure thing.
Bairstow a slim chance

Reply #464528 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Exum is going early early 1st round.

Reply #464538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Ben Simmons eligible next year? Surely he will go high too?? The kid is a freak.

Reply #464542 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I think Ben still has another year in High School, so 2 years away

Reply #464547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon Maker
Ben Simmons is a long shot
Bairstow is also a long shot
Jonah Bolden is possible too

Reply #464557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons is eligible after next year IIRC
Thon Maker is at least the year after

This doesn't necessarily mean that they will enter the draft at these times.

Reply #464563 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What are people's thoughts on the 'rumours' that Dante Exum is going to refuse to work out for certain teams and try to leverage himself onto the Lakers?

Reply #464567 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I think Bairstow should be but won't
I think like a couple others he'll have to go the undrafted route.

Reply #464575 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ben Simmons a long shot? Maybe a long shot for a top 5 pick, but def a first rounder after a year or 2 in college

Reply #464590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben is a beast you need to do your homework. Check out the youtube vids. The kid will go high.

Reply #464594 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

As I understand it Ben Simmons has another year at Montverde Academy 2014-15 (HS basketball) then is going to LSU for a year 2015-16 so will be in the 2016 NBA draft

Reply #464595 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am excited that Thon Maker and Lemanis have been in talks about future boomers stuff. Thon is expected to go number 1 in a few years.

Reply #464602 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

2016 at the earliest for Simmons and 2017 for Maker.
Both have enormous potential but alot can happen between now and then.
If Exum not trying out for other teams is true, wouldn't that backfire if Lakers get top pick and go for Parker?
Surely he would work out for other teams. We'll know after lottery in May.

Reply #464603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Thon wasn't a fan of representing Australia?

Reply #464615 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

Dante will be the Lebron James of Aussie basketball. The kid has amazing skills and is such a down to earth guy who is a proud representitive of Aussie basketball. Everyone get behind the young fella. Good luck to him.

Reply #464616 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

So if Dante isn't a superstar straight away will he have haters the same way Patty does?

Reply #464621 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I can't understand the Patty haters some people are just jealous of others success.
Expectations will be high on Dante to perform as a lottery pick just like Bogut in 2005.

Reply #464626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where there is talent there are haters. It comes down to jealousy. Look at Lebron -arguably the most talented basketball player in the NBA. And I have never seen so much hate. Anything they can pick on the guy for he gets. I find it surprising because if you watch a lot of the guy and what he does outside of the game you will find he is actually a selfless humble guy.

Reply #464627 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Well said anon ^.

Reply #464628 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I've heard the same Mick and it isn't uncommon among players of his calibre with the hype surrounding him.

Reply #464634 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Not to take away from the convo on Dante but to say LeBron is a selfless and humble guy based on what the media shows you of him doing good things in the neighbourhood is silly. Donations and all that good stuff = publicity, tax benefits, etc etc etc.

Reply #464642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just what media shows me of Lebron. I know that the media hype up how 'caring' and 'giving' the NBA players are. Just look at the NBA Cares program. But Lebron is a legitimately nice humble dude, either that or he is an extremely good actor throughout any appearance i have ever seen him which is a lot. Translates on the court too. A very selfless player who has sacrificed a lot of money to focus more on the winning (which he was crucified for) which is more than I can say about a lot of players in the league. Again he could be jacking up 25 shots a game getting 40+ points playing hero ball for scoring championships but he is selfless on the court too.

Reply #464650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not always hate with talent. Everyone loves and adores MJ.

Reply #464668 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Oh so you've met him? Otherwise you don't know what he's really like, just like people say MJ is a great person but then people who aren't in his inner circle say he's a complete dick

Reply #464683 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Sacrificed a lot of money? How so. Please explain. Taking a smaller pay cheque from the NBA is easily made up from bigger sponsor dollars, especially when you're signed with Nike

Reply #464684 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If you call living on a measly $15m (approx) a year then yes LeBron sacrificed alot of money.

Reply #464688 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Re: Lebron - the whole 'decision' thing and having 'chosen 1' tattooed on his back doesn't exactly endear you to fans....

Reply #464689 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Yeah I met him in New Jersey at their final game at the old stadium in 2012. He stayed behind to talk to all of us fans and while at an away stadium. He was one of the last players to leave the court. He may not be like this always but he again came across as a genuine dude that night. Like I said I have watched Lebron throughout his years and he really does seem like a humble selfless person. But then again he did have 'The Decision' and said he would win 6 championships so maybe everything else is null and void. My point is that everyone crucified him over leaving Cleveland and leaving a max contract in order to play in a 'team' to win. I am sick of seeing players choose the money over the drive to win and chasing the $$$'s. Do you think that he would be earning the same amount if he went to New York and didn't have to share the salary with Wade and Bosh - I think not.

Reply #464691 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

umm is this the nba draft aussie thread?

Reply #464693 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Cam Bairstow mid 2nd rounder heard it here first!

Reply #464720 | Report this post

Exum

Reply #464859 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Don't see why Bairstow shouldn't be in the mix

Reply #464886 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

I can't believe I just read that someone said Simmons is a slim chance to make the nba.... Have they not seen this dude lately?!

Reply #464910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Simmons wants to go NBA, and I can't see why not, then he is a lock. It will not be for a couple more years though.

Reply #464957 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754