Years ago

Semi Final Predictions

sixer 2-0

cairns 2-1

short sharp and to the point

Topic #36571 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

I agree with that. Exactly what I was going to go with.

Reply #517171 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth 2-0

Adelaide 2-1

Reply #517180 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yep, pretty much. And Adelaide 2 - 1 in the finals

Reply #517181 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Perth 2-1
NZ 2-1

NZ 2-0 in the GF

Reply #517185 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Having said that would love for Cats to get through somehow... nothing would be sweeter than a home court GF!!!

Reply #517187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns 2-0

Adelaide 2-1

Reply #517195 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I don't think the Cats are without a chance against Cairns. We certainly match up with them better than with NZ IMO.
Realistically though I'm tipping 2-1 wins for the top 2.
I could also see Adelaide sweeping their series, such is the form they're in atm.

Reply #517201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was the Taipans season-series against the Wildcats?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of their matchups in Cairns and the Taipans belted them.

Reply #517203 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Was that the game without Knight, Hire and Ross, and Redhage fouling out in less than ten minutes, or the game without Knight, Hire and Ross, which was the Cats third game in four days?

Both of those games were close at 3/4 time, the Cats just ran out of steam.

Reply #517204 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

To be honest, Im much happier we are playing Cairns then playing NZ.

I think NZ is gonna win it this year. We will just get by Cairns and NZ will decimate us in the Final.

Reply #517211 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

NZ aren't playing well, they look sluggish and lost offensively, I just don't see he appeal with them.

Cats match up better against Cairns over a 3 game series, where adjustments can be made in quick time. If NZ and Perth had played off, but the time one of them had made the GF, they'd be bruised and battered, this two teams beat the bejesus out of each other.

Reply #517225 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hoping for
Sixers in 2
Perth in 3

Prediction though is
36ers in 3
Cairns in 2

Reply #517253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will be to good for the taipans . I get the feeling they had beencoasting and we will see them really step it up.

Reply #517258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

playoff crowds to be lower than the regular season, again. lolatjammingtheplayoffgamessotightlytogetheragain

Reply #517267 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I actually think Cairns can beat Perth and it'll be 2-1 because I can't see the Taipans winning at Perth Arena, but I can't see the Wildcats winning in Cairns.

If Adelaide beat the Breakers in Auckland on Thursday then I think the 36ers will win that series 2-0.

I'm predicting a Cairns vs Adelaide Grand Final series and that I believe Adelaide can also sweep.

Reply #517281 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I reckon that last game Cairns played in Perth will be pretty much what we're going to see three times over in the semis. Still, without Floppage getting home ref advantage maybe the Taipans can just squeak it?

Reply #517284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CT, glad you waited 16 posts til bringing up the tired old rehashed comments, that some people still seem to think are clever. Was a good thread, now ruined.

Reply #517288 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I think the Cats will give the Snakes a scare, but I still think Cairns 2-1.

NZ v Adelaide is harder to pick. If Adelaide can get the first win, then they could go 2-0

Reply #517304 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

Perth needs Beal to breakout of his shooting slump because once he gets going Perh. When Perth looked the goods like earlier in the season, Beal was attacking the basket.Right now he is taking way to many jumpers and three point shots.

Another thing is Perth needs to start feeding the post more instead of jacking up so many 3's. put some pressure on the Cairns interior defence and attack their bigs. Kight, Redhage, Jervis and Wagstaff are all capable of attacking the basket with success. Draw some fouls and get the Taipans into foul trouble early.

Reply #517307 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If NZ drops the first game it's all over but if they can hold home court it might be title #4
The Breakers need to find the shooting form they showed early in the season, if Carter can start dropping shots again they will be hard to beat.

I'm hoping Cairns can take it all.

Reply #517309 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

ADL to beat NZ 2-0

ADL to beat Cairns 2-0.

ADL Champions.

Reply #517311 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Centrebet odds to make the Grand Final

Cairns = $1.70
New Zealand = $1.75
Adelaide = $2.05
Perth = $2.15

Reply #517352 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

those odds seem right...

you would hope the home teams would have better odds...

do the centrebet people who do the odds take into account the form of the teams ocming into the finals?

Reply #517353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Beauty of this year is that anything could happen in the semi-finals. I really think any of the possible results could eventuate.

Cairns have HCA plus their record is no accident. Go 2-0.
Cairns as above, but Perth are tough and ride the crowd to at least win one. 2-1 Cairns.

Perth are proven playoff performers, surprise Taipans in Cairns, then stomp them in Perth. 2-0.
Or Cairns defend their turf, before a stomping in Perth. Wildcats ride that confidence to a narrow 2-1 on the road.

NZ step it up to hold their floor, then shock the doubting 36ers in Adelaide. 2-0.
NZ hold game one, Adelaide get revenge but have been worked out for G3 and Breakers coast. 2-1.

Adelaide fearlessly smack the Breakers, then romp the second in front of rabid fans. 2-0.
NZ hold on, Adelaide get a narrow one and then sneak through on the road for 2-1.

Yes, that's all fence sitting, but it's hard not to with four solid options. What I would label the weakest option (Cairns) is carrying the best record and HCA throughout. The final play-off team in Perth is the reigning champ, with many returning pieces and a very influential crowd. NZ have very cocky and proven components. Adelaide have form, and depth the others don't.

Reply #517357 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Perth are paying $5.50 for a 2-0 win, and $4 for a 2-1 win. Not bad odds.

Reply #517358 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

do the centrebet people who do the odds take into account the form of the teams ocming into the finals?
Yes, they would take into account everything. One hidden factor can be how much money has already been bet on a particular option. e.g., if there was large, sustained betting on NZ, they would likely shorten to $1.50.

Reply #517359 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id Take Perth 2-1 at $4, but long for a reason at $5.50 for the sweep.

Reply #517361 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Form is important, so is confidence and holding your nerve at the pointy end of the season. Having all players back fit and firing is going to be as crucial as home court advantage and could be a negating factor.

That is why I am going for Perth to get over the line, although Cairns have had a great year I think they will benefit from the experience after this finals series and produce the goods next year.

As for NZ and Adelaide, sorry guys but I think NZ may just get the job done and go into the final, but only just...

Reply #517362 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Adelaide have pure talent and a core of last year's runner-ups back and have essentially turned Montreal and Anthony into Motum and DJ and are in brilliant form so will probably carry favourtism imo.
I still think Jackson can carry Nz all the way and they have the bigs to compete with the sixers.
For Perth to even make GF they must get game 1 in Cairns or they're done. Beal must play like he did in last year's finals for Perth to have a chance.

Reply #517364 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Cairns 2-1 & NZ 2-1 in what should be some very exciting basketball to watch.

Reply #517367 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Uwe Blab - Which agency is giving you those odds?

Reply #517368 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Tey's to get hurt in the Semi and Adelaide somehow bring Brad Newley back as they seem to have money for days then go on and sweep both series.

Reply #517376 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

skip, I saw it on tabsports. I dont have an online account so I dont know if the odds at my local TAB will offer the same.

Reply #517378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac- any chance at all of having two stickied threads at the top of the page, one for each semi final series?

Reply #517409 | Report this post

pod  
Years ago

I know Adelaide have been hot of late, but to beat nz in nz? I'll put money on nz to win so if they lose, im somewhat happy

Reply #517440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone get on the Sixers @ $51 in early January just before the ten win run? IIRC someone on here did get a piece of them @ $26 at one point.

Reply #517448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pod Sixers beat NZ in NZ two weeks ago lol

Reply #517449 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Beating Kiwis in Kiwilandia in Regular Season != doing it in post-season.

They are a different kettle of fish in finals.

Reply #517450 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did anyone get on the Sixers @ $51 in early January just before the ten win run? IIRC someone on here did get a piece of them @ $26 at one point.
I got them at $17 when the Motum signing was first rumoured.

Reply #517678 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nathan, if the job is too much for Perth, better let another team have a go

Reply #517683 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

What do you think the other semi-finals have been for? :D

Reply #517685 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Perth can't beat NZ in the major round, then better let someone else try

Reply #517687 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

What do you think Cairns in 10/11 was for?

It's not like any of you mob have had any better luck!

Reply #517688 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I don't know? What does Cairns have to do with it? How many games have Perth won in the major round away from home over the last few years?

Reply #517689 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

... you know, 2010/11 GF series...? Cairns had a minor part to play there...

Reply #517690 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Are you having fun yet Jack ? Good fishin today...

Reply #517703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754