Isaac
Years ago

Pelicans extend Anthony Davis for 5 years, $145m

New Orleans Pelicans All-Star forward Anthony Davis has reached agreement on a maximum five-year extension that could be worth in excess of $145 million, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The contract will have a player option after the fourth year, sources said.
Full article

Topic #37371 | Report this topic

Naph  
Years ago

Seems like a crazy option for Davis is he wants to maximize his $$$. But maybe he thinks that's enough. Should make his team more competitive in the long run.

Reply #535105 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Kawahi also agreed to a $90mil 5 year deal with Spurs

Reply #535108 | Report this post

Plastic Man  
Years ago

You're right Naph - $29 million a year is not much

Reply #535125 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Not sure but i think he got the Rose max, more than the usual max so its better for him. Either way i'm confident they ran the numbers before saying yes.

Reply #535158 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Middleton getting 70m over 5 is a pretty bad contract IMO

Reply #535160 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Looks like I'm wrong and he is indeed getting the most he could possibly get. Not in the same boat as LMA for example who can make more money in 4 years by doing two, 2-year contracts, rather than accepting a 5-year contract with the Blazers.

Good for him.

Reply #535175 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

Disagree Tom, it might seem bad now that middleton contract but when the salary rises a ridiculous amount next year and the year after won't seem anywhere as bad. You will see role players get paid more this year as teams can absorb it due to the salary cap increasing hugely over the next few years.

Reply #535178 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

These contracts are just insane! Good luck to them all, making so much $$$, but I am having to shake my head to comprehend it, just crazy amounts of money these days...

Reply #535321 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Wish the Pels would extend me for like a week, id be set!

Reply #535349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754