Members - what are we paying for?
Let me start by saying that our family of five has forked out for season tickets for years, which is significant money spent. Why? Because we love the game and love our team.
Our experience so far this season:
- we weren't aware of the Members Day until a couple of days before it was on and only found out through a Facebook update (an email at least would be nice)
- our season tickets were sent in the mail, addressed to our youngest child
- One of our children had their name printed on two of the season passes, with one child missing out
- I bought a carpark pass (costing a further $100 on top of the hundreds already spent - this should have continued to be part of the members package as it's not as if they're short of parking in front of the stadium) and was told that our name was on the guest list as we enter. Upon entering, we were told at the gate that there is no list and we'd need to circle the block to come in at the front. Was there a list at the front? Of course not, but one of the workers said that many people had said this and let us go through anyhow.
- Picking up membership packs at the door: nothing is prepacked and ready to go, lanyards haven't arrived yet (no big deal, but really with 6 months to have this organised?)
- T-shirts are not on chairs ready to go as reported or prepacked in bags, but needed to line up for 30 minutes even though our T-shirt sizes were on the membership form submitted months ago. Plus all colours were not the same once we had them. No child sizes either.
- Both scoreboards are not working properly for the first game of the season (again, 6 months to rectify a problem that has existed for seasons)
If the club can't look after members properly who spend hundreds of dollars a season to support the team, how on earth can they expect to maintain memberships as well as increase the supporter base? I can't imagine any other sport where these sort of unprofessional incidents would happen. If we weren't diehard fans, we would be considering cancelling our memberships. I know that a lot has been posted about organisation and communication to fans, but our experience so far this season in particular has been painful to say the least.