Luuuc
Years ago

Damian Martin back in the lineup!

From the Wildcats:

Damian Martin ready to return
Perth Wildcats captain Damian Martin has been cleared to make a shock return from injury tomorrow night.

Martin had his jaw broken in the Perth Wildcats clash with the Townsville Crocodiles on 4 November.

Medical staff initially estimated that the 31-year-old would spend between six weeks and three months recovering on the sideline.

However, with surgery and recovery going better than expected, he will play tomorrow night at Perth Arena against the NZ Breakers.

The five-time NBL Best Defensive Player has had two plates surgical inserted, and a temporary wire across his teeth. He will be wearing a lower mouthguard for additional protection in the game.

"I'm excited to get out there and play alongside these great guys after having to train on the spare court," said Martin.

“Between getting a new mouthguard, training with them today for the first time since breaking the jaw, and getting the news I can play - it’s been a great Thursday.

“I met with the surgeon today and he was happy with how I’ve recovered, how the gums are healing, the strength of the wiring on my teeth, and he was very satisfied the titanium plates plus the mouthguard will contribute to having a reasonably strong jaw.”

The Perth Wildcats take on the NZ Breakers in a rivalry blockbuster tomorrow night at Perth Arena. with tip-off at 6.30pm.

Topic #38552 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Shock return is right.
I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound wise to me.

Reply #566761 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Beware the Breaker bigs. Seems a little early but good luck to him

Reply #566764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlike a soft tissue injury, it's either healed or its not, right?

Reply #566777 | Report this post

three points  
Years ago

Damo is one of the very few who could pull this off.

Reply #566779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does that even mean, its a broken jaw, he like anyone is either healed or isnt. Not like if he rebroke it unlike a normal human he would soldier on....

Reply #566792 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Incredible recovery. Great to hear

Between Prather, Jawai and Martin it seems like they've always had 1-2 key guys out. This is probably only the second or third game where they have everyone available?

Reply #566815 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

what about the replacement guy who was named on here yesterday?

Reply #566819 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

^well he never signed, so nothing... he had a training sesh, that's about it

Reply #566827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome back now go and stop Webster and Cedric hehe

Reply #566842 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

He's only playing very limited minutes so don't get too excited about having a full squad just yet.

Reply #566857 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Matty Knight must surely be next in line? He is well overdue for an injury.

Reply #566859 | Report this post

Jackson G  
Years ago

Too early Damo, sit out until Wednesday.. we got this.

Reply #566864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754