Murray magpie
Years ago

Randle all clear from ligament damage

Just saw him tweet it's all good structurally and will be primed for the playoffs if the 6ers make it!!!

Great news!

Topic #38904 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Great news, even if he is out until then!

Reply #575571 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I think it's going to take a lot to drag Jerome away from playing as soon as he possibly can, his tenacity, like his skill; is incredible. Hopefully all the recovery stars align to see him back for playoff's and the boys all step up like they did in Saturday's game in the meantime.

Ebi keeping his re-kindled form will be instrumental. But we all already know that!

Exciting times.

Reply #575572 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Great News,win this week and we through to another finals series under Joey.....Whohoo

Reply #575575 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to hear it is not serious, albeit probably sore and needs a good rest. 2-3 weeks off. So the big Q for the Sixers, is do they suit him for Wednesday and sit him on the bench just in case, or just play Sobey and Teys some more?

It's against NZB and while a win would be good, I think we currently have the split on the Breakers (God that nbl.com.au is WOEFUL! - obviously written by some middle aged grandma who had a lecture in IT at the University of the Third Age)

R1: (Adl) 90-71 ADL
R5: (Auk) 98-88 NZB
R14: (Auk) 87-81 ADL

Sixers 2-1 265:250. NZ need a win by 16

The Sixers obviously want the split on the Breakers, or go a game clear.

Reply #575581 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, looking up fixtures on the NBL website is a total waste of time. I honestly can't think of anything the old one didn't do better.

Reply #575583 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Am I right in thinking if we beat NZ, we are in regardless of other results?

Reply #575585 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I believe that is right. Sixers will go three games plus the split on NZ with three games to go.

Reply #575586 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Playing randle this week is pointless, The rest of the squad should be able to will us into the finals, then maybe play him in the final game of the season to ease back in for finals.

Reply #575587 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And addressing the topic of the thread: Wow, great news. I am very glad for Randle and more than just a little bit glad also for the Sixers.

Reply #575592 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Actually that's perfect for me.

Breakers supporter, but massive Adelaide/Randle fan.

So he won't play us and will miss the last lot of reg. season games (thank God) which gives us a chance if we win all ours.

But very unlikely/borderline impossible we make the playoffs so at least I"ll be able to watch him play in the playoffs which would be awesome.

Reply #575593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ADL beat NZB and ADL are 100% in.

But if they lose there is no guarantee so play Randle now but rest after as our spot is locked in. The last three games after NZ game are hard so this is like a final coming up.

Reply #575599 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

How can you play him now when he is out for 2 weeks? No way will they risk it..

Reply #575601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because sixers play NZB & CNS if lose both you give up a near two game swing to both the chasing teams. then in final week two tough games on the road vs ILL & PER. but if you win the next game mathematically sixers are locked in. then rest randle for next week and a half.

Reply #575608 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol @ suggesting you play Randle.

Reply #575613 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

So 4 days after your star player almost ends his season and has strained ligaments, you would suit him up and risk picking up a long term injury? The guy will barely be able to walk on Wednesday.

He's not just taking annual leave. "Sorry Jerome, could you rehab you injury next week, mate? That would work out better for us."

Reply #575615 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saturday just after the game,Club doctor didn't think it was acl, and wasn't serious.
(vide jacob holmes, abc radio live broadcast of the game)

Reply #575628 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

By my count, Adelaide need to win, or lose by less than 15 to take the split over NZ.
But whilst that makes this game important, Randle is critical to their finals chances.
Winning will be tough without him, but both NZ and Cairns are vulnerable.
The guy is injured, and any play will set his rehab back to zero, or worse aggregate the injury further.
Better off taking their chances without him, and seeing how it pans out.

Reply #575629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crazy to consider playing Randle in this situation. NZ are in a slump and the 36ers are at home. Have to back yourself. Adelaide seemed to do OK against Illawarra without Randle...

Reply #575632 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Sixers are the form team of the comp right now, and have won 7 of their last 8 games against everyone that matters except Perth, and would have to implode from here not to make the finals.

No way you risk Randle for the NZ game unless he is 100%. The Sixers are odds on favourites to make the finals with or without Randle, but IMO are virtually no chance of making noise in the finals without him.

Reply #575636 | Report this post

Shake my head  
Years ago

To all the idiots saying play him this week! His knee was obviously weakened by the contact with Forman on Wednesday night and he probably shouldn't have played Saturday, another knock Saturday, a bit of a twist and bang strained ligaments, out for 2-3 weeks. Play him this week and one of those ligaments snap then kiss goodbye to him playing for twelve months possibly, think Derrick Rose you bozos

Reply #575638 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

6ers the form team of the comp?

Ummmmm, United just triumphed in Perth and sit clear on top of the table.

United are the form team.

Reply #575642 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We need a big game by Ebi against NZB.

Tbh, I don't think 36ers can get a win in the last 4 games without Randle. I am a pessimist though.

Reply #575644 | Report this post

Hmmm  
Years ago

36ers beat NZ with only Ere as an import in round 1 convincingly, NZ were without Webster though.

Reply #575646 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NZ were without Webster and Abercrombie, they were a bottom team disaster at the beginning, they aren't quite that bad now.

Reply #575647 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Pledger was also out if I remember correctly. They were basically decimated.

Reply #575648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he can be injured for the next six months if the next game isn't one, after NZ at home, three aways vs a desperate Cairns away, then Illawarra away, Perth away hmmm not easy

and ADL are the form team but not against Illawarra away (lost last week), PER (haven't faced them in a while reason why streak is good) and CNS well they are good at home 11-2 so this Wed last home game vs struggling NZ is the one but ignore me

Reply #575651 | Report this post

Hmmm  
Years ago

Correct KET

Reply #575652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he can be injured for the next six months if the next game isn't won. everyone forgets how hard the last three games are all away against the best home teams of the league.

you want playoffs guaranteed after Wed or dropping the easy one then losing the next three no playoffs so whether Randle is out of six months or not is irrelevant no playoff chance at all. think about it, it's a hard situation but the spot is dangling there to be taken easily or the hard risky way (CNS, ILL, PER all away good luck). being a form team with lower Strength of Schedule doesn't mean you will win the last three lol

Reply #575653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow sixers really have a backloaded schedule no wonder they have such a good recent record of late now the true test begins

Reply #575655 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Huge game Wednesday. Great news for Randle, I suspected things werent AS bad when he got up to celebrate at one point last game. Adelaide if they are legit about making any noise in the playoffs should really be able to take care of business at home against a very ordinary Breakers team. They were horrible again against the Crocs, fell over the line. Ebi will need to continue his incredible form of late, no question, as there isnt enough other guys able to step up and provide scoring punch besides DJ imo. If they cant squeeze the win out, finals will be interesting, the 36ers were very good last game when the back was firmly up against the wall. Didnt think they had that in them to be honest, but beautiful to see!

Reply #575660 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Jerome Randle on Facebook:

"Two days ago I suffered a scary injury during a game; pain I never felt before wondering is this it, is this what it'll be for my career? Mind wondering, what's next, how serious is it, how long will I be out, why did this happen....etc. couldn't sleep and anxious to know the results. All I can say is im thankful to God it was none of that, no ACL,MCL, PCL no structural damage, all soft tissue intact and I'll be out for two weeks. Didn't want to let my team down in that way and after that incident I needed to not think about myself and be there for my teammates because they needed me even though I wasn't playing and I needed that support as well. Thank you to all the Adelaide fans who didn't turn there backs and still supported me through that scary moment. Much love and respect for the city, our team is real with Jerome Randle or without because of our passion and heart, and we have players who will step up during my absence and take care of business. Good teams don't fold under pressure, they make adjustments. 36ers ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!"

Reply #575681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God is good. She looks after Randle.

Reply #575684 | Report this post

GOD  
Years ago

Jerome is a solid guy so of course I will look after him. I can't believe he ever doubted me. I'm actually a little hurt by that.
Fuck Tyson Demos though. That dude shoulda prayed harder and given me due credit when I allowed his team to win. Hopefully he'll know better next time.

Reply #575690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awkward attempt at comedy.

Reply #575692 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Time for Gibson to step up and score some points!!!!
Going to need Ebi, Gibson and Petrie to score 15pts plus each I think to cover for Randle being out.
Good opportunity for Sobey to prove he can be a contributor next season when Gibson leaves.

Also please don't play Teys at PG again, that line-up was scary and not in a good way.

Reply #575722 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"I don't think 36ers can get a win in the last 4 games without Randle"

NZ game is the best chance of a win. I was even more of a pessimist KET. I felt they would struggle to win any but the NZ game even with Randle, if Penney is back for the last Illawarra game.

While Ere needs to continue his good form, Gibson also needs to play (consistently) well to cover some of Randle's playmaking. In the past he *has* played well when the 36ers look vulnerable and expectations are low.

Great news about Randle's prognosis. He's the best player to watch I've seen in NBL for a long time, including Childress.

Reply #575724 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

ROFLcopter, happy to acknowledge Melbourne's good last game and current streak.

Adelaide are 7 of their last 8 stretching back to 12 December, going 3 out of 4 against playoff teams, with two of those wins being good (home) wins against Melbourne (who you say is the form team of the comp).

Melbourne are 6 of their last 7 going back to 27 December (6 of 9 back to 12 Dec), also going 3 out of 4 against playoff teams, including two good wins against Perth (one home, one away).

Adelaide are only two games behind Melbourne, despite Melbourne having a 9 win start to the comp.

Makes it pretty line ball, but given Adelaide has knocked off Melbourne twice during its stretch, I think it is a fair argument that Adelaide are the form team of the comp with similar schedule strengths.

Reply #575730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If Adelaide get NZ on Wednesday, they're in the playoffs. If they don't, they can still scrape in on NZ's other results.

Reply #575738 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Or they could win any number of their final three games. Sure, they are difficult games, but if the Sixers want to get into the finals in good form they won't want to be on a four game losing streak.

Reply #575752 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jerome Randle is the full package - as if his on-court game isn't perfect enough, his off-court love for the club/fans and general appreciation is top-shelf.

You can tell pretty quickly that he is one of those guys who doesn't take the job for granted and isn't the kind of professional who just bounces around leagues happy to get a paycheck.

Reply #575755 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he'd turned into that guy and didn't like it, and coming to Adelaide, playing in this style and getting out into the community has really rekindled his love for it. Either that or he's an elite salesman!

He's been an absolute godsend for Adelaide, that's for sure. The crowds they're getting would have to provide a big boost to their bottom line on top of the Wilson sponsorship.

Reply #575756 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

NBL needs him, all of us fans want him to be playing!

Reply #575770 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall American Import, Point Guard , Wilson being out injured and Gibson scoring 34points against NZ

Reply #575786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Camel. Finally someone who see's beyond the flashy imports. yes Randle is the best ever and his assists are also something to behold but the core group with Gibbo leading connect well and have put in amazing performances over the years when stars have been out including Ervin. Everyone should also gain confidence from the last half on the weekend. The boys looked like they had been in that rotation all season. I have faith and hope Joey can see some variety in his rotations now and have faith in Gibbo who had and always will be the pg who will run the plays and can shoot when he is in the right mind set. Lemanis sees it too and his value defensively. We will see them I the playoffs and Randle is smart enough to let Joey know how much he respects the boys and he will see first hand from the bench how special this team can be. Go Sixers

Reply #575789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope your right camel, was a brilliant performance against the breakers from Gibson back then, but since then, seems a real disconnect between him and Wright. I don't think he mentally has a performance like that in him any longer in a 36er singlet. Luckily the Breakers are so poor now a decent team effort should be able to keep them to 70 points.

Reply #575802 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

When , like lost has been found , what's to come has already been.
I got the impression of Gibson being a Point Guard.
We get the name from the military - The first point of attack.

Reply #575862 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

No way you risk Randle before the finals if not 100%.

He is way too important for the 36ers for the finals and hopefully next year.

Reply #575939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ LOL Peter. No finals if you don't risk him now. der!

Reply #575981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754