Joshuapending
Years ago

Boti: 36ers have signed Jerome Randle

Per Boti twitter

Topic #39098 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Good for the 36ers and the league.

THE deal is done and it's official. Jerome Randle will be back with the Adelaide 36ers for the 2016-17 NBL season.

The club on Thursday formally will announce the successful conclusion of its negotiations with 175cm dynamo Randle, who is currently competing in Europe for Lithuanian powerhouse and Euroleague stalwart Kaunas Zalgiris.

His return gives coach Joey Wright a starting point from which to revamp his team which already retains the services of Daniel Johnson, Anthony Petrie, Mitch Creek, Brendan Teys, Nathan Sobey and Matt Hodgson.
Full story

Reply #581109 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Awesome, he was so fun to watch this season.

Reply #581110 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I feel like I bullied him into that. haha

Reply #581111 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Praise be!!!

Reply #581112 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-fans-rejoice-as-jerome-randle-signs-for-201617-nbl-season/news-story/ae3922f3adfaa571488511d92a6b3ffb

Reply #581113 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"It's a one-year deal and I have to give credit to the (36ers) board for pulling the resources together to get this done," Wright said.

Reply #581114 | Report this post

This makes me warm in the trouser.

Reply #581115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going by Joey's comment about the club, I think they've made a stretch decision to get this over the line. Good on them. Hopefully it pays off. Add two imports to Randle and the signed locals and that should be an entertaining team. Actually, Sobey, Creek, Walker and Johnson would be up there for dunking potential as a foursome.

If the 36ers couldn't afford him, IMO LK should've topped up the funds to make it happen. Strongly in his interests to have drawcard players on every team.

Reply #581119 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Any reason for the 1 year deal? Finances, Randles choice, any one know?

Reply #581120 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Will they have enough cash to sign Ebi for another season?

Reply #581121 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Isaac, going by that, you think Walker is likely to come back ? If so, good.

Reply #581122 | Report this post

Blakeey02  
Years ago

Great news! Well done sixers! Now, ill book my season tickets!!

Reply #581123 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It seems like maybe Randle and 36ers are hoping Adelaide can use this season to sure up finances to pay Randle more following years. This is the first time in a long time we've had an import for more than a year.

C Johnson/Hodgson
F Import/Petrie
F Creek/Walker?
G Import/Teys
G Randle/Sobey

Reply #581127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Line up looks good to me

Id try for newley or madgen at sg

Use import if miss on both

If can get one grab a cheaper 3rd import as 11th player, rosters rumored to be expanding

If use import spot at sg grab bj anthony as 11th man

Reply #581128 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Can this dribble wait until after the real teams fight out in the main dance over the next 6 days please. TIA.

Reply #581130 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

If Ere stays in shape, I honestly wouldn't have a problem if they re sign him as long as he is on realistic money. Assuming randle is on 300k there couldn't be a huge amount left in the budget for the rest of the signings.

As an estimate with 7 guys signed we have to be pushing 800k already. Unless we are willing to use the marquee and go over the mill, that really doesn't leave much for probably a starting Guard and atleast 1 quality big.

Wouldn't mind:

Johnson/Hodgson
Import?/Petrie
Creek/Ere?
Madgen?/Teys
Randle/Sobey

I don't know what sort of money madgen and ere would want but if we could get them for 150k combined plus an import PF or Centre for around 150k I think they would compete next year and should make money if the crowds show!

Reply #581131 | Report this post

Melbourne Tiger  
Years ago

Hey copter, how's United and your boy toy CG43 going?

Reply #581134 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

United crumbled when it mattered.
CG43 wasn't the most disappointing.
Maybe next year?

Reply #581135 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There's 4 marquee players next year. Which is stupid might as well not have a cap.

Reply #581140 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

KET there is no real cap. The only cap is on 5 players of the team.

As for Randall, great move. But I am also wondering why only one year?

Reply #581145 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Can this dribble wait until after the real teams fight out in the main dance over the next 6 days please. TIA.

You not capable of discussing more than one thing at a time? You do realise how chat boards work right?

Reply #581146 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Apparently Adam Gibson is definite for Brisbane now. I am fine with that. Call me when you actually DO something on court, Adam.

Reply #581148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic needs about Randle for the 36ers and also for the league he is one of those special ones to watch! The Ebi stuff is a joke though right? He was really bad, surely fans wouldn't put up with that again. Anyways this thread is about the positive move made by the 36ers so early on, great job guys and now I can see the validity in resigning Wright.

Reply #581150 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Randle in, Gibson out.
Dream result for the 36ers.

Reply #581153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic news until the midget goes down with an injury.

Reply #581154 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Euro out clause apparently, probably in case he can impress enough to land a monster contract that would be too hard to ignore.

Reply #581157 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Fantastic news until the midget goes down with an injury.
"

Ladies and gentleman, we have our moron.

Reply #581162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im ok with it being only 1 year, its good for both sides, if he has a dip in form, major injury, etc it protects the club,

if he has another awesome season and gets a monster offer it enables him to take it

In most cases id be happy to take imports one year at a time, can always re-sign again for similar figures next season, which is most likely the case if both sides are happy and it goes similar to this season, not alot to lose either side

Reply #581214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't take one minute lightly either with a season only contract. Not that he strikes me as the type to be lazy, good for the club to keep the imports in their toes a bit.

Reply #581310 | Report this post

hummy  
Years ago

so basically, he's not even signed anything! Just a "promise".
which, as we know, means almost nothing.

Reply #581421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754