Luuuc
Years ago

Cambage returning to the WNBL

"Cambage, 25 next week, has claims as one of the top handful of players in the world and has earned a lucrative seven-figure total playing in China.

But it is understood she will rebuff contract offers from China, the WNBA and Hungary and instead play in 2017 for a WNBL club.

Cambage is keen to remain in Melbourne with her mother after an exhausting Rio campaign involving Asian and European camps."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/events/basketball/elizabeth-cambage-will-return-to-australia-to-play-in-wnbl-after-rio-olympics/news-story/ab536e6622d0b72b1429139aab0e7468

Topic #39770 | Report this topic

coffee please  
Years ago

wnba and wnbl seasons dont clash

Reply #594874 | Report this post

coffee please  
Years ago

im thinking they mean the closing part of this season.

and I and hoping she has a run with dallas next time round

Reply #594875 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, pretty dodgy article, but assuming its main point is correct then that's a serious jackpot for one of the Melbourne teams.

Reply #594878 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It seems perfectly set up for something like that, yeah, but it seems unlikely.
A couple of weeks ago she said this to the US press

"I really like Dallas, I talked to coach Fred Williams when we were training there," she said. "I want to relax next year and then in 2018 we have the Commonwealth Games and the world championship again. Australia will always be my No. 1 priority."

So it sounds like the WNBA probably won't see her again until 2019.

Reply #594879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boomers?

Cole/Conti
Smart/Garrick
Kunek/Cunningham
Penaluna/Thompson
Cambage/black

Reply #594882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alot of big front courts for this wnbl season.

Reply #594883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What Melbourne team can afford her, boomers can't, Bendigo can't and Dandenongs roster is complete so no budget their either, and Lizzie won't play for nothing.... No JAYCO bank roll this time, they gotten bitten last time

Reply #594913 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wants to be in Southern hemisphere for Summer festival season.

Reply #594929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^probably more like it haha

Reply #594930 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Liz "exhausted" Cambage

Reply #594934 | Report this post

Caps Fan  
Years ago

"What Melbourne team can afford her,"
Its not the Club it the WNBL - If BA would provide several lazy $100K's to keep a mere silver medalist like LJ playing for Canberra in Australia, how much will they stump up to keep the player who loaded the whole team on her shoulders and carried them to Gold ?

Liz will be playing in melb and laughing all the way between the bank and the music festivals all of the next WNBL season.

Don't you worry about that !

Reply #594936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope BA doesn't waste a cent on her - lazy, conceited and she will go missing in the big games coming

Reply #594939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not the Club it the WNBL - If BA would provide several lazy $100K's to keep a mere silver medalist like LJ playing for Canberra in Australia, how much will they stump up to keep the player who loaded the whole team on her shoulders and carried them to Gold ?

Hahahahaha........ sorry must compose myself

Nope can't ...hahahahaha

Loaded the whole team on her shoulders and carried them to gold........

Reply #594972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Liz reappeared after her birthday party?

Reply #601921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754