Adelaide Lightning v Townsville Fire 17:00
Dandenong Rangers v Sydney Uni Flames 18:30

Sun:
Melbourne Boomers v Sydney Uni Flames 14:30
Bendigo Spirit v Dandenong Rangers 15:00

Topic #40364 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Melbourne Boomers have signed their Chante Black replacement.

"Canadian Kalisha Keane will arrive in Australia in time to play for the Boomers this weekend."

http://wnbl.com.au/boomers-secure-canadian-kalisha-keane/

Reply #610427 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Strange... Bit of a waste I reckon, something off court happen with Chante?

Reply #610488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never heard of this one they have replaced Chante with, shes only 6ft .so not exactly a big , though probably bigger than the rest of the boomers

seems a bit strange for sure

Reply #610491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't the boomers play their developing
Players more seeing their season is just about done.

Reply #610493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would think if they were going to replace Chante Black they would at least get some height , thats what they lack, she looks to be a similar player to Kelly Bowen.

Reply #610496 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Scratching my head a bit with that signing, to be honest - she is listed as a forward everywhere that I can find, but at the same time she looks like she has a fairly strong body, so hopefully she can be like Bygate and play as an undersized center. A true center would be nice but I guess at this time of the season you've got to take what's available.

I don't think they could really play their development players to replace Black, most of their development girls are smaller, if I recall correctly. I'd much rather the development girls got to play when the coaches think they're ready to do so as opposed to being thrown in the deep end because there are no other players.

I'm just hoping they can turn their season around, perhaps playoffs may be a stretch this season, but getting some wins would be nice.

Reply #610513 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I wonder the same thing, wayne, because she wasn't playing that badly, and they don't appear to have replaced her with anyone better.
Aside from Adelaide it's a very even comp this season. There's no shame in being 3-7. They came within 3 points of Townsville, Dandenong & Perth - a pretty handy trio of opponents. They're really not that far off the mark IMO, and on paper there's certainly some talent on the roster.

I'm glad they have brought in someone though. Giving up on the season would not have been the right approach IMO.

Reply #610525 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Odds for this round

Canberra Capitals 1.40
Melbourne Boomers 2.75

Perth Lynx 1.36
Townsville Fire 2.87

Adelaide Lightning 6.00
Townsville Fire 1.10

Dandenong Rangers 1.72
Sydney Uni Flames 2.00

Bulleen Boomers 3.50
Sydney Uni Flames 1.25

Bendigo Spirit 1.44
Dandenong Rangers 2.62

Reply #610786 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Burton with 1pt 1ast 2stls and 4 fouls in 15m...

Reply #610968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opals 2020...

Reply #610969 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Some positive WNBL news:

Perth Lynx and Channel Seven announce live TV broadcast

The Perth Lynx are pleased to announce the live, free-to-air television broadcast of our next two home games on Channel Seven.

http://www.perthlynx.com/Media/News/perth-lynx-and-channel-seven-announce-live-tv-broadcast

Reply #610993 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Fantastic news about the Lynx getting games on 7!! Hopefully it will lead to not only more Perth games being show but games across the league played live on 7 as well. Kudos to the Lynx and channel 7!

Reply #610995 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is there anything Wildcats can't do (except maintain a healthy PG and C)? Super news, let's hope it goes well.

Reply #611000 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seriously, the Sami show is the most entertaining basketball being played in Perth right now, so I too hope some people tune in and give it a chance.
It also helps that the first game is vs Dandenong Rangers. Should be a top notch contest.
(The less said about the 2nd contest the better though ...)

Reply #611002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope they keep with the youtube video though, it's been a great outreach for the teams and league.

Clearly the basketball link with Seven West Media helped to get those games on tv

Reply #611052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another loss to the boomers

Reply #611316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did new import play for Boomers?...what is the problem there,not bashing anyone ,but somethings wrong?

Reply #611317 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes, Keane suited up for the Boomers today (didn't play on Friday night)
She has 10 points (5/12) & 4 boards in 25 min off the bench.

The main thing that's wrong is that this is a very strong league this season and the Boomers are just a tad lacking in the roster department in the front court.

Reply #611328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this league needs to move away from Basketball Australia.

Reply #611397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754