Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Anonymous
Two weeks ago

NBL signings

NBL signings have been quiet of late. What deals are pending? Who may sign or switch teams? What college kids, other than Dane Pineau will get a deal this year?

Who will end up overseas instead of NBL?

Report this topic

Master Chief
Two weeks ago
14:19 16 May 17

Reply #636003

re: NBL signings

Can't remember a more boring off-season.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two weeks ago
14:34 16 May 17

Reply #636008

Yes, snooze fest. ZzzzzZZzzz

Report this post

Lovebroker
Two weeks ago
14:41 16 May 17

Reply #636010

Ummm this is normal.

There is sporadic news about now with a bigger flurry to signings closer to the pre-season.

Not sure why you guys this is is especially boring.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two weeks ago
15:18 16 May 17

Reply #636017

Well I have to give you credit Lovebroker. You tried to argue the law against a lawyer. That kept us entertained for a few minutes.

Report this post

Truer than Paul Pierce
Two weeks ago
15:52 16 May 17

Reply #636025

Masturbatory Heroes coming to the rescue.

Report this post

Benno
Two weeks ago
17:40 16 May 17

Reply #636042

Agreed!

Report this post

Master Chief
Two weeks ago
18:41 16 May 17

Reply #636068

No rumours or anything though Lovebroker. Usually you get a few weekly. Even if just for the fun of it.

Teams are turning their attention to imports now. You'd think Adelaide would still be miles off announcing them.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two weeks ago
20:24 16 May 17

Reply #636087

we won't see much until after the NBA summer league

Report this post

Midrange
Two weeks ago
08:10 17 May 17

Reply #636119

Yeah I agree with anon all the action hits after summer league. All the imports will be trying for NBA before settling for NBL.

And most teams are pretty much set for their locals.

Report this post

Wookiee
Two weeks ago
08:21 17 May 17

Reply #636120

I think the last couple of seasons the FA was delayed significantly as well, so we had to wait longer for any news so the off season didn't seem quite as long, but with no delays this season, a few quick signings and then it's the long wait for the Summer League... sigh...

Report this post

Isaac
Two weeks ago
09:50 17 May 17

Reply #636123

Maybe the extra import spot means slightly fewer deals done earlier in the off-season?

Report this post

Anonymous
Two weeks ago
22:22 17 May 17

Reply #636173

Where will Coenraad end up? I hear he may depart?

Report this post

Freethrows
Two weeks ago
09:06 18 May 17

Reply #636181

@Isaac, I'm sure you're right. It's not only the extra import spot that will make a difference, it's the extra roster spot on NBA teams. Think you're going to get a Cotton, Ware, or Prather type signed before the NBA rosters are finalised? Not without an easy NAB out clause, and they're going to want to be flying their colours high, right where the coaches and GMs can see 'em, in the States.

I'm amazed the Taipans were able to re-sign Egwu so early (that's sardonic humur, folks, in case you missed it.)

Anon, I think Coenraad will most likely end up back at the 'Gong, unless Bevo has a College grad lined up. He won't start anywhere (except maybe Cairns), so he would be best placed to stay where he is, I think. He's still a valuable contributor (witness the finals last season) so he won't disappear. He turns 32 in a few weeks, so he's not too old to go around again for a couple more seasons.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
13:18 21 May 17

Reply #636440

Coenraad will most likely not sign, is my understanding. If so, what are their replacement options in that spot?

Report this post

Freethrows
Last week
10:46 23 May 17

Reply #636495

^Anon, Coenraad will most likely not sign where? With the Hawks? That would be an interesting choice on his behalf - he'd have to be looking at Cairns if he wants to play in the NBL, because every other team is either full up at 3, or will sign an import to that spot.

Report this post

SteveK2
Last week
19:54 23 May 17

Reply #636537

AFAIK Tim and his wife Nelly have a nice pet-care business set up in Wollongong? I'd thought he would have added incentive to stay with the Hawks.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
10:55 24 May 17

Reply #636548

Not if they low balled him. And when I say Low ball, I mean min wage.

Report this post

Freethrows
Last week
21:35 24 May 17

Reply #636598

^ Anon, put up or shut up. Who are you and who told you Coenraad was offered minimum wage?

Report this post

Zodiac
Last week
21:42 24 May 17

Reply #636599

I don't know what money Coenraad was on but I certainly noticed last off-season every Aussie other than he and Forman got multi-year deals. Forman you could understand due to age but Coenraad is decent. He was only re-signed late in the offseason too from memory.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rhea 65

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Mon 29 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693