Can't wait any longer for Lukosius.

Topic #41623 | Report this topic

Anonomous  
Years ago

So, why did Causer quit?

Reply #642792 | Report this post

Little H  
Years ago

Lou stood down for his own personal reasons, that potentially could come out in the next few months or so. If it doesn't then I know for FACT he wasn't pushed and in actual fact up until his decision the board were looking to offer him the job for next season even before this season finished

Reply #642797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't blame him if he had personal reasons for moving on. Could be work or something simple. Who knows.

Reply #642801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

disappointing in many ways ,sounds like causer was there for the right reasons . lets hope he gets back into it at a later stage.
they need to search high and low and get a good coach to try and put them back into contention were they belong (buccs and slammers)as a successful country program- cmon giants.

Reply #642915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Tigers get knocked no out in the first round is that the biggest choke in the last 10 yrs of MSBL?

Reply #642920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MSBL Series Odds

Tigers $1.75
Hawks $2.15

Wolves $1.30
Cougars $4.00

Redbacks $1.90
Slammers $1.90

Buccs $1.10
Senators $7.00

Reply #642926 | Report this post

Lukosius  
Years ago

Back in 2008, the 8th-placed Tigers bundled out the 1st-placed Hawks, so it would be on-par with that year.

The Tigers made it thru to the Grand Final before being crunched by the Giants.

Reply #642927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In 2008 when the Hawks lost to Tigers Tom Garlepp fractured his arm / wrist late in the season and missed the entire playoffs. That year he was probably one of the top 3 players in the league.

I am also quite certain (but happy to be corrected if wrong) that their import Sean Sonderleiter (who was also a beast) dislocated his shoulder and was either unavailable for playoffs or significantly hampered.

Peter Crawford was also unavailable due to NBL duties.

Tigers on the other hand were a team on the up and ended up losing in the GF from memory?

So no, I don't really think it would be on par.

Reply #642928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just when you thought BWA couldn't screw tribunals up any more, they go and find a way to make money off it too. #outoftouch

Reply #642969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How?

Reply #642970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have a snickers

Reply #642973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Parker got the same conviction as Parsons but only had to pay a fine? They got charged for exactly the same and got the same outcome yet the penalty is completely different. TBH a $500 fine is a much more lenient outcome.

Reply #642978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree that the outcome is misleading and confusing, disagree the $500 is worse. That's a lot of money. At least Paraons has a chance to pull his head in

Reply #642981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves $1.30
Cougars $4.00

Geez I'd take those odds, make a fortune! #takemymoney

Reply #642983 | Report this post

honest observer  
Years ago

Hi all,
Does anyone know what awards are being given this year? (assists, free throws, rebounds etc.)
I've noticed stats like steals don't have a per game average, so will there be awards for those categories? Also, they are still ticking over so if there is, will it be based on reg season or include finals. Feel for a guy like Belger who dominates the steals all year and then punished for not being a finals player...

It's hard to tell what's happening at the MVP night so hard to know if it worth going...

Reply #642986 | Report this post

Lukosius  
Years ago

I believe there are awards for all the major stats categories, including steals and blocks.

And finals are not included in the stats calculations when it comes to the awards.

Reply #642988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parsons has to live with a 8 week sentence over his head for the rest of this and all of Next season. $500 is stuff all to not have that over you.

Reply #642990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves $1.30
Cougars $4.00

Geez I'd take those odds, make a fortune! #takemymoney

Who are you betting on?

Reply #642991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ agree 8 weeks suspended sentence till end of next season is much more of a punishment than $500

Reply #642992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ agree 8 weeks suspended sentence till end of next season is much more of a punishment than $500

Reply #642993 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

For the sake of transparency and to enlighten the ignorant fans, I wonder if the SBL could have the reasons for the different penalties explained by the tribunal. If the charges and the outcomes are identical, why such a differing penalty?

Reply #643005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Cougars at $4 - if it was the actual odds

Reply #643009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe a little high, but Wolves are up 1 game with Home court add.

Hopefully Cougars level 1 all then have a cracker on Sunday!

Reply #643014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some people would be shocked at who sits on these tribunals.. Mick Cronin?

Reply #643023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the guideline for persons whom sit on tribunals?
Neutral?

Reply #643031 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Available.

Reply #643035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Available. I imagine people aren't necessarily scrambling to jump on a tribunal and give up their night for free. Cronin is old but he's sat on a tonne of tribunals and is one of the most experienced. But yes, probably past his time.

BWA can't sit on tribunals as a conflict of interest, so they rely on volunteers, who have their evenings free. Which fits the Over 65 demographic.

Reply #643123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone at Hawks v willo? Live stats are down. Just chasing a current score check please

Reply #643330 | Report this post

Willo won by a point

Reply #643341 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Turner with a baseline buzzer beater. Wasn't a great offensive play by Willo, nor was it a bad defensive play by PL - Turner was merely too tall and too long for Robert Waters

Reply #643343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was terrible defense by the Hawks, how does Turner end up with an open shot on the smallest guy on the court. And oh yeah.... Turner MADE THE SHOT?! Tigers didn't win biggest he was too long...

Reply #643346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because *

Reply #643347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cougars on the rise #PawItOn

Reply #643352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack #ontheprowl

Reply #643355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack now without seb for tonight's game 3. It's all over. The joondalup dynasty that they thought they were is long gone. This team will not win another chip for quite some time now. They have one good young guy coming through in ironmonger and that's about it.

They were out played and out coached last night. Begs the question is he a good coach or lucky to have great players those past few years. He was out coached in the grand final last year also where he made zero changes throughout the game.

Reply #643361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ettridge clearly out coached tonite.

Reply #643387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers get out of jail and advance to the semis. Jay Bowie had a stellar game as did Nic Cody for his broken body.

Ben Purser played 118:43 out of a possible 120 in the 3 game series, he sat for 73 seconds across the WHOLE series.. That's quite remarkable, ending on back to back 40 minute games.

Reply #643388 | Report this post

NRG  
Years ago

Disappointing that people still doubt Ettridge's ability, considering he has got the Wolves to 4 out of 5 Grand Finals, yeah?!

Reply #643389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack now without seb for tonight's game 3.

loooooooooooooool. The Wolfpack pawed it on the Cougars.

Reply #643391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack now without seb for tonight's game 3. It's all over.

loooooooooooooool. The Wolfpack pawed it on the Cougars.

Reply #643392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Despite the end result Parsons coached one hell of a series.

Reply #643405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning women are looking dangerous. Big win over Wolves despite shooting 3/27 from 3 point.

Reply #643407 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Pretty big effort from Parsons and Hawks without Adekponya, Hickert, Cole-Heath and also O'Sullivan for one game.

Reply #643408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hickory, Cole Heath and O'Sullivan were non factors during the season so they are hardly worth a mention. Without Adekponya the Hawks play better anyway.

Tigers are the better team, and deserve a SF spot more. Lezbionest.

Reply #643410 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Non factors = ridiculous. Those who replaced them were the non factors. Have a look at the seasons stats - before you leave for kindy tomorrow morning.

Reply #643420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A decent semi finals for Parsons... but lets not forget it was a very poor season for PL

Reply #643421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon the young guns of the team did a tremendous effort throughout the season and especially Mitchell clarke in the playoffs did an amazing job. Mcdonald Hamilton and warden did a good job as well.

Reply #643425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about those Wolves? No PG, no problem.

Reply #643426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AY YO where's that fake keyboarder from earlier in the year claiming Kreklow was better than Bowie, because they both haven't won a ring?!... WHERE YOU AT BRUH?! HUH??? My boy Julia's taking this dam team ON HIS BACK. AHHHHHHH. Julius go on and TOE TAG EM

Reply #643429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ dafuq o_O

Reply #643448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves hosting the Buccs this weekend, you just feel like if the Buccs can get over the line, a double win up at Gero is too bigger ask.

Tigers looking very shaky through the first round, strung together about 3/8 good quarters to just slide past the Hawks. Really think 3PT shooting will be the theme of this one, Scott and Armour really yet to get going from deep. It'll be a Scott v Smith and a Armour v Nelson type affair.

Armor Wagner
Scott Smith
Bowie Redhage
Turner Roberts
Cody Vigor

Tigers need the bench to wag if they're gonna take this one.

Reply #643586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other way round. Buccs host wolves for first game, then back at JBS for 2 and 3 if needed. Home court advantage plus the last game/s played at the stadium should give them the edge.

Reply #643594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sold ... why not Alexander?

Reply #643603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves V Redhage final

Reply #643615 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Who do I hope loses? Hate them both. Might have to wish for the worst refereeing seen this year.

Reply #643620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LAKOHHHHHH

Reply #643623 | Report this post

Biased Adviser  
Years ago

Scott couldnt stay in front of Nelson if his life depended on it. Turner going to have to guard Roberts. Bowie going to have to guard redhage, who shoots a lot of freethrows and could get him in foul trouble. Armour v Wagner should be good. 2 old school pass first point guards. I see Redbacks taking it, but it going all 3 games.

Reply #643667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could not think of a worse grand final than Lako v Ettridge. The only consolation is one of them will lose. For Ettridge it'll be 2 losses in a row and for Lako it'll be a complete fail with a star studded team. Dare say it, I think I want Ettridge to take it.

Reply #643682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol..Eastern Suns sign Belger already for '18. rip Kalamunda

Reply #643684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's wrong with the signing of Belger? I saw him in a couple of games and he was pretty impressive. Any reason why it is a bad signing?

Reply #643685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because the Suns have had him for...what, now 3 seasons in 2018. They aren't going to make the 8 by not changing anything. the only reason they improved was thanks to Brandenburg. If they want to make the 8 or even challenge for a Final, they'll need 2x Turner/Redhage/Billups/Davis type players. Willetton, Buccs, Wolves, Redbacks, Slammers, Senators, Cougars, Hawks year in year out have a good chance at making Finals. Suns heavily rely on imports, and Belger is good, but he isn't a stud. Why else are you in the SBL, if not to make Finals and win chips.

Reply #643687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Belger isn't the Suns problem. It's the reliance on an offense that doesn't have the personel to run it. Belger is one of the guys who can do that. Brandenburg wasn't better than Belger. He would fade in and out of games. Belger gave them a legit A grade SBL player. Until they get some depth by attracting quality Australian players to their squad and not just the young kids from the area they are going g to struggle. They have a coach who for large periods of the season wouldn't make a change to his game plan even when it wasn't working. After he finally relented and changed his style of play they actually improved a whole lot. Belger is a good signing. Now if they pony up the cash to grab another quality import and even pay a couple of better Aussie guys they may have a chance to win a few more games.

Reply #643688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair play, you make good points. either way i think they're a long way off.

Reply #643691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine:

PG- Joel Questel
SG- Marshall Nelson
SF- C. Belger
PF- Solid Import
C- Louis Timms (pre-injuries)

Squire, Horn off the bench.

would have been a decent team if they kept the players, at least good for Finals.

Reply #643692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Belger is so much better than Brandenburg its not even funny

Reply #643720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should start seeing a few coaching changes and also advertising for new coaches soon.
whos safe and whos going ?
also player movement there will be normal movemnt

Reply #643722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Oatman has already left Lakeside
East Perth job open
Goldfields Giants job open
Someone said here previously that Redbacks job will be open for 2018
All the rest are relatively safe

Reply #643727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont waste space on here talking about Suns.

Apart from the imports no other player would be top 5 in any other team in the top 10

Reply #643736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmer down.

Reply #643744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty ridiculous talking about the Suns so much during the middle of the playoffs.

Reply #643748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah they are correct, none of those suns players other than imports would be a starter on other teams.

Reply #643750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL at Kyle Armour being a "pass-first" point guard

Reply #643758 | Report this post

Biased Adviser  
Years ago

Averages 10 points and 5 assists. Is 9th in the league in assists while Wagner is 3rd. Id say you're a bit slow.

Reply #643846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly I cant see the Tigers winning a game.
So Perth Redhage win series 2-0.

Need a lift from Armour seems down on form lately.

Hope I am wrong and Tigers can get the series.

Wolves 2-0, would love Buccs to get this game on the weekend to keep it interesting.

Reply #643863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lako vs. Wolfpack GF would be good.

Reply #643867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TIGERS BEAT REDBACKS!!

Reply #644048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ LOL, everyone is thinking that

Reply #644051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust Lacko to turn an article supposedly about Nelson and Redhage into an article about how good a recruiter he is. I hope they get swept by willo

Reply #644056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic Lako :)

Reply #644057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does he seriously think he has done a good job coaching this year?

Put a chair with a pair of sneakers on the sidelines and they do just as well, maybe better!

U cant claim this Lacckkkooooooooo!

Reply #644065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link to Lako article? Absolute gold if true.

Reply #644072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on the sbl website

Reply #644083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link?

Reply #644088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you been coached by him?

Reply #644089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #644090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers 2-0 would be Christmas come early

Reply #644091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt about it! But why not let him simmer until the GF...

Reply #644092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers 1.75
Redbacks 2.00
Wolves 4.00
Buccs 6.00

Reply #644131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't know how to set odds.

Reply #644133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ladbrokes don't either apparently.

Tigers 1.50 favourites tonight
Buccs 1.44 favourites tonight

Surely it's closer than that!

Reply #644134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think more even.

Reply #644145 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Trust Lacko to turn an article supposedly about Nelson and Redhage into an article about how good a recruiter he is. I hope they get swept by willo

How to gauge a speakers narcissism?
Count the number of times they use the word I..
Don't think you could get anymore than that even if he wanted to.

As the late great Dean Smith of the University of North Carolina wrote to one of his ex- players who had become an NBA coach to remind them
"Don't you mean we instead of I"?!

Reply #644148 | Report this post

Biased Adviser  
Years ago

Redbacks will win even without Nelson. Hes tore his calf and wont play this series. Has also got an NBL contract and won't be back at Redbacks. Black is a shocker of a coach and in game adjustments. Redbacks v Joondalup final.

Reply #644193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nelson has an NBL contract?

Reply #644221 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

DP with Illawarra, I believe.

Reply #644226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocker of in game adjustments but comes back from 20 down to almost win the game.

lol. Everyone's got their favourites and apparently yours is Lako...too bad its lose lose for him.

Win and everyone knows it's because they have 3 imports

Lose and it's an F for Lako.

Lose lose champ.

Reply #644249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DP at Illawarra? Tough considering they have the best Australian junior product in Angus Glover. Once he is back from rehab Nelson not taking his position on the roster.

Reply #644251 | Report this post

Biased Adviser  
Years ago

He has a DP spot. End of story.

Reply #644275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey if that Handcok guy from Buccs can some how get a DP then surely Nelson can.

Reply #644297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DP at Illawarra? He has been training with the wildcats for the last 2 weeks...

Reply #644309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes he was training with the Wildcats. They werent ready to finalise a deal so he took a guaranteed opportunity under the best coach in Australia.

Reply #644323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hancock is by far one of the worst Eastern States products to come out here.

Reply #644327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about atem atem !!

Reply #644329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Wolves having to play Game 1 away (and losing) due to playing a regional team is this an advantage and disadvantage with Games 2 & 3 both at home this weekend? Thoughts?

Reply #644336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Advantage or disadvantage vs. traditional H-A-H format, that is.

Reply #644338 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Having to travel to Geraldton and back while playing two games next weekend would be more of a disadvantage, you'd imagine. Not sure what's 'traditional' about the H-A-H format that's been in place the last two years.

Reply #644344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves a different beast at home!

Reply #644347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah obviously due to travel factor is why it's done that way.

But in isolation removing travel which would be preferable - H-A-H or A-H-H. I wonder what the stats are in a league such as the NBL where for a decade+ they had the one format then the last decade+ they've had it the other. From memory more upsets/lower seeds won back in the day but purely on eye test nothing to back that up.

Reply #644349 | Report this post

Marshull Nelsin  
Years ago

Me play for Hawk DP nahmean

Reply #644364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage injured at training, defintely out for game 2, unlikely to be playing at all this weekend

Reply #644543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Lako take full credit for the injury like he does with everything else?

Reply #644544 | Report this post

Marshull Nelsin  
Years ago

Redhage is not injured.

Reply #644556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lako has the ability to heal injured players with his motivational speeches

Reply #644562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha

Reply #644573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao, gold Jerry gold

is that why Redhage is uninjured now? :D

Reply #644588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travelling up to Gero first is a definite disadvantage. Winning two games in a row is harder than simply winning one game away. So i would prefer to Win at home, then travel up there and possibly snag a win away and then if not come back home and win the one game at home. Rather than lose the first and then have to win saturday and sunday in the same weekend.

Reply #644698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those are my thoughts exactly.

But in a semi pro league where most players work it would be too much to have travel+two games on the one weekend.

Reply #644706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiglets or the Spideys gonna get up this Friday? YA JUST FEEL like if the Tiglets get up, that Game 3 could go their way back at Bucketham Palace. Jay Bowie is MrBigShot in this league. Are rumours of Redhage pulling a Colin Barnett and disappearing true?

Meanwhile the Wolfpack Wolfensteins are right up on the ropes like MacGregor and need to hope that MoneyMayweather Benjamin doesn't go left right goodnight. Buccs are my favourites in a sweep. Get the old broom out and farewell JBS with a BANG.

Reply #644750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lacko on fire in his latest article

Reply #644770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHA makes a point about mentioning its not about me, then mentions himself about 10 times.

Yeah to be honest I cant see anyone troubling them.

Wolves will be over matched in the GF & away from JBS they are suspect.

Buccs might be the best chance but I cant see them getting past the Wolves this weekend.

I cant believe I am saying this but ill be cheering on Ben Etridge if its a Wolves V Spiders Grandy!

Reply #644775 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

So is Redhage playing?

Reply #644800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, injured

Reply #644804 | Report this post

my2cents  
Years ago

big chance for Willo then if ^^^ is true! can they get out of jail again?

Reply #644806 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

Jeepers.

Reply #644813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I call shenanigans. Redhage to play

Reply #644815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he injured or not? lol

Reply #644822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeepers creepers how the plot thickens!

Reply #644823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no doubt Lackos mind games, what a master he is!

Reply #644825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All hail Lako!

Reply #644827 | Report this post

Lakosius  
Years ago

You are all witnesses to my greatness.

Reply #644828 | Report this post

Oldtimer  
Years ago

I see there has been some interesting conversation about the playoffs and their format, all I can say is that it's much better than the early years of the league, where some seasons had playoff series over 3 weeks and not forgetting the infamous 3 game final series idea.

The 1993 season springs to mind as not only were the 8 team finals played over just 3 weeks (including midweek games), but the seedings were effectively thrown out the window after the first round.

The quarter finals saw the Buccs (1st) take on the Giants (8th) in Kalgoorlie midweek with the rest of the series in Geraldton that weekend, same with the Raiders (3rd) playing the Tigers (6th) in Perth midweek before the series moved to Albany.

The Semi Finals saw the Buccs have to play the Cougars (5th) midweek in Perth and the Wolves take on the Raiders in Albany.
The Raiders lost the home court advantage despite finishing 3rd because the Wolves (7th) knocked off the Hawks (2nd) and assumed the higher seed.

The Cougars got the upset over the Buccs and the Wolves edged out the Raiders in 3 games with the Wolves going on the win the Grand Final from 7th spot.

It was probably Albany's best chance of winning a championship that season and the SBL robbed them of it with the re-seeding after the quarter finals.

Reply #644831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow that is harsh.

Who knows with that title under their belts they may have never folded from SBL.

Wow at travelling midweek regionally with players having work commitments!

Reply #644834 | Report this post

Oldtimer  
Years ago

Yeah, it's a big ask, the midweek games ended after the 1994 season. The Buccs, Giants and Slammers all made the playoffs that year, with midweek quarter finals games in Kalgoorlie and Bunbury and the Buccs heading to Perth fro the 3rd time in 2 seasons.

As for Albany, I agree, it's a case of what could have been.

Reply #644835 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Redhage and Nelson both played.

It's almost like some anons on here just make things up.

Reply #644869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's pathetic making pure lies up.

Reply #644873 | Report this post

Lakolicious  
Years ago

I'm in the Grand Final bitches!!!

Reply #644874 | Report this post

Lakolicous  
Years ago

Loving the full week off. Oh yeah.

Reply #644875 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Redbacks have history of doing that in finals series.

Pressure is firmly on lako now. Big stage to be found out on - very easy to fly under the radar in front of $2 crowds in belmont

Reply #644881 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Hawks v Magic WSBL Grand Final. First GF for Magic since 2009, first for Hawks since 2010. Magic are 0/4 in GFs, Hawks are 6/12

Reply #644923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?

This is the SBL thread not WSBL.

Reply #644924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Wolfpack in a tight one 87-84.

Reply #644925 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

?

This is the SBL thread not WSBL.
It's the SBL thread, not the MSBL thread.

Reply #644927 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Is Rick Morcombe the only Hawks WSBL coach to win a championship?

Reply #644933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack win their SF Game 3.

Wolfpack vs Lako/Redhage GF. Dream matchup! *popcorn*

Reply #644953 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

I didn't go to the game because I thought Redhage wasn't playing. Thank you, assholes.

Reply #644980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really is Redbacks game to lose. I don't give the Wolves much chance

Reply #645049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looking forward to seeing illiadis catch fire.
he is the match winner.
trian for the MVP of game.

Reply #645055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Wolves up against it.
Reds should win quite easily.

Wish Ettridge played a Zone tho.
Imagine that.
Zone the Reds and Lako's failure to beat a zone on the big stage.
That I would pay to see.

Reply #645058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish the SBL would use the team legends for the promo material. 3/4 players on the GF poster are first year players at their team. Kind of understand Redhage to sell tickets but still.

Would like to see Milo/Wags on there.

Reply #645059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack have a lot of finals experience, winning and losing GFs recently.

Redbacks no experience apart from Redhage?

Reply #645061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

roberts won a championship on the same team as jermaine beal in israel

Reply #645062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh ok

To be honest only know that Redbacks added Redhage (and Lako lol). Roberts another stud import?

It's a one off though, go Wolfpack! I remember they were heavy favourites and lost by 1 against Lakeside a few years ago... anything can happen.

Reply #645063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol is Roberts a stud import? Follow SBL much in last 5 years? Roberts is a monster. He was a monster last time he ws in the league and he is still a monster now.

Reply #645070 | Report this post

SBL Insider  
Years ago

Strange happenings at Belmont.

At least one star player already talking to other groups, possibly an opponent.

A few young kids nervous on the stage, an they are trying to calm them down this week

Poor and disorganised ticket sales has been mooted, but it's their first crack s imagine cut some slack. They are from a slick unit, with volunteers and the like.

As a neutral observer, it will be a great game, but the Wolves experience and hunger must count for something.

Lacko v Ettridge v Bret Campbell worth admission alone.

Reply #645085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Perth get more then 40 people?

Reply #645086 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Surely redbacks would have locked this playing group in for 2018 so that they can go round again next year.

Super talented group - surely the players would be wanting to stick around next year...

Maybe the rumours of Lako's funding drying up are true.

Reply #645087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack on the other end very smooth ticket allocations and sales. All 350+ club tickets sold on first day, with the Wolfpack wanting more.

Let's get it!

and Anon #645070 no I don't follow SBL that closely only Wolfpack so didn't know. With following NBA, NBL, Euroleague I don't have time to know ever SBLer. lol

Reply #645088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redbacks have had super talented groups for the 6+ seasons, failed every time to get it done, some times not even making finals.
SBL stars from other teams/NBL players/Stud imports.

Difference this year is Redhage.

Once he was signed its was theirs to lose.
Surely Lacko can not stuff this up. Surely not.

Reply #645089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every*

Will Perth get more then 40 people?

HAHAHAHHAA. In a stadium like Bendat it will look embarrassing with pathetic numbers on their side.

Reply #645090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men's has sold 1800+ tickets, women's at 950. So... I'm sure the Redbacks side will look just fine.

Reply #645127 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

The Wolves have a good record against the Redbacks of recent.
The Redbacks are definitely the most talented squad in the league, if they don't win this year Lako will never hear the end of it.. and deservedly so should they lose

Reply #645136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes 1,800 tickets sold but most bought by Wolves supporters or neutrals probably.

Reply #645138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many supporters fit into bendat basketball centre when its at capacity.
is it generally full for both matches?

Reply #645162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2,000 capacity.

Only ever been to men's grand finals. Always sold out and nice support for both sides in separate sections. Question marks over Redbacks and their numbers for this GF but time will tell.

Reply #645164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In two minds about the GF. On one hand I would love to see Ettridge lose two in a row, but I don't think I could stand the walking ego winning it. Wolves for me under 10pts

Reply #645174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Mitchell Tinley the new Cecins? More of an ego and seems to love his own voice more than his predecessor, but with the added bonus of his Willetton arrogance! Odds on he is the announcer for the two grand finals and much like Cecins will attempt to make it all about himself somehow. Also can someone from Joondalup enlighten us as to why you need to trademark League Leadership on that grand final poster of yours? Doesn't mean sh!t if you don't have banners on the wall to prove it and I believe your banner from last year ended up in Cockburn...

Reply #645177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah normally the neutral supports would be against Ettridge and Co, but gee how can you support Lacko.

Reply #645180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tinley is terrible

Reply #645181 | Report this post

Biased Adviser  
Years ago

Tinley is so not funny it hurts. It pains.

Predictions:
Redbacks by 7
Hawks by 12

Reply #645220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hows the keyboard warriors on here? Say it to his face, he did those interviews for free as a favour. Cecin's is bailed on SBL completely this year.

Was Tinley trying to be funny, no.

Like to see you guys interview anyone. Ever.

Reply #645227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Tinley

Reply #645244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about announcers etc.

Let's go Wolfpack. Juicy matchup vs Lako and co.!

Reply #645245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jem Wolfie is leading the Wolfpack out on Saturday

Reply #645258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok yes why do the Wolves have "League Leadership TM" on their GF advertisement. That is so weird

Reply #645266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's a Jem Wolfie?

Reply #645268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If somehow Redbacks lose, any chance Lako will come on here 4am?

Reply #645269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League Leadership â„¢

Sums up the club's direction and enduring performance.

A SEABL club dressed in SBL clothing

Reply #645278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok yes why do the Wolves have "League Leadership TM" on their GF advertisement. That is so weird

No idea. I'm part of the Wolfpack and haven't seen the ad but seriously WTF facepalm. Any link to it?

Reply #645279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If somehow Redbacks lose, any chance Lako will come on here 4am?

Ooooooooooooo imagine that, if they lose I'll be waiting... LOL!

Reply #645280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolfpack link -
websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=0-892-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=59089782

It does little to put to bed the ideology that the Wolves as an organisation think they're so much better than everyone else.
Tinley mate you need to understand that nobody cares that you did it for free and you need to stop being the over-animated, very poor comic relief guy so much. You do it way too much for your own club let alone when apparently representing the league. In the words of Kendrick - Be Humble, sit DOWN!

Reply #645291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interested to see the odds this week.

Hawks - $1.70
Magic - $2.15

Reds - $1.45
Wolves - $2.35

Reply #645294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ the trophy photo. Lako already holding on to the trophy tightly as if he's won it contrast to Ettiridge who is barely clinging to it.

Reply #645295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are those the real odds or made up ones? Can't see odds posted yet on any bookmaker sites.

Reply #645296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:) Jem Wolfie. Is she still around? is she pretending like she can play basketball? I thought she was a Kalamunda prodigy :)

Instaqueen

Reply #645297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RE: odds.

No mate , not real, I was just trying to estimate.

Think they be around that mark!

Reply #645298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Ettridge always comment on Seb being a wolves junior. He is a Stirling junior plain and simple.

Reply #645299 | Report this post

Senator Sam  
Years ago

Seb, Trian and Robbie all aren't wolves juniors, yet Ego-ttridge does a Trump and just ignores that fact to blatantly lie. Also agree with the Tinleygate comments, he did the gold medal games at 16s here at warwick and was too busy being mr popular than actually calling the games. Has there ever been a men's grand final where no-one associated with the two playing teams actually cares so much, as either way one massive ego will become bigger whilst the other will just make excuses and blame everyone else but themselves. Bring on 2018 already

Reply #645303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far too much is being made about the Coaches. All the glory and respect is for the players for the winning team, not the coaches.

Reply #645305 | Report this post

SBL Insider  
Years ago

How'd Stirling finish, Senator Sam?

Whilst these teams may not be everyone's first choice, respect must be shown for them being here and the fact is, you're still talking about them...

Little lesson of the day for you.

Reply #645310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seb, Trian and Robbie all left to Wolves - correct. From getting paid nothing to just a little bit was the reason why. Stirling - you snooze you lose!

Reply #645313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one has juniors anymore.
Redbacks top 6 players.
Only two locals.
Wolves top 6 players
Only 2 locals.

Reply #645320 | Report this post

Senator Sam  
Years ago

Joondalup - Where we trademark ridiculous, inaccurate statements and then pay our star "local" players to leave clubs who we spent time and money developing them, to call them our own. I would rather snooze and have solid juniors come through our sbl program than steal other players and be proud of it. While you're drying your tears from losing on Saturday night know that not too many others will be devastated in your impending loss.

Reply #645339 | Report this post

SBL Insider  
Years ago

You forgot Amen

Reply #645340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was he describing Joondalup or Willetton?

Reply #645341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So? Joondalup give the local players a little bit of an allowance. Other clubs like Stirling wouldn't give a cent, these players when they moved were in early 20s juggling study, job and semi pro basketball. It didn't take much to "pouch" when they couldn't even get a few dollars to cover expenses from previous clubs. Then said previous clubs would beg for them to stay but still not offer a cent. It is a big committment.

Reply #645344 | Report this post

Red 38  
Years ago

People change clubs.
Throns , Thwaites, Hampton.......
Maybe for a change in club culture, personal circumstances, opportunity, etc.

Reply #645347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the people who complain about players leaving for other clubs have never left their job for a new one.

Reply #645389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People change clubs.
Throns , Thwaites, Hampton....

Ive never heard of any of these 3.
Unless its J.Throns but dont think he left anywhere.

Reply #645392 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

But i am sure rhys vague rings a bell yes?

Reply #645395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^unsure if intentional...

Reply #645396 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

Please don't bring up Jem Wolfie again - yuck.

Reply #645399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did that? Wow, epic fail.

Reply #645403 | Report this post

Red 38  
Years ago

J.Throns and a few other Throns family members certainly did change clubs, along with Thwaites and Hampton, just as examples.

All personal reasons, and no doubt there was some incentive to move by the new club, possibly remuneration ... or simply better opportunity.

It happens.

Reply #645410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm praying Mitchell Tinley is not the courtside announcer at the GF, he hurts my ears

Reply #645420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"J.Throns and a few other Throns family members certainly did change clubs,"

Why don't they all just play each other in a Game of Throns?

Reply #645421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tinley making a late run for, and I use this term loosely, Personality of the year

Reply #645424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Gardner was a great MC back in the day ;/

Reply #645425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gardiner*

Reply #645426 | Report this post

Red 38  
Years ago

"Why don't they all just play each other in a Game of Throns"?

Very good. Touché' :)

Reply #645436 | Report this post

Mitchell Tinley  
Years ago

Oi annoymous you little Bitch I get paid to court announce. I'm the best to ever do it so pay for your ticket, take a seat and enjoy the greatness

Reply #645552 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

Mitch Tinley is one horrible looking human being. I remember the days he thought he lifted weights too. Skin and bones.

Reply #645646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Tinley? Was he the announcer at the men's GF? The guy in blue sports coat?

Reply #645649 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

Did he have 10 inch biceps? Then yes.

Reply #645686 | Report this post

Not Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL... didn't see because as stated above he had a sports jacket on... der!

Reply #645688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good was the men's intro. It was the best. What a production.
Amazing. Circque du Soleil would be proud

Reply #645741 | Report this post

my2cents  
Years ago

It was good, except the announcer mispronounced a few players names and he was pretty ordinary throughout the game. It wasn't Tinley btw.

Reply #645750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn really? I got in just before tipoff thinking sweet perfect timing now you tell me there was a sweet intro.

Reply #645754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whos winning the awards on Friday night?

Reply #645763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as Tinley doesn't win Personality of the year all is good.

Redhage & Schwagmeyer - MVP
Shervill & Belcher - MIP
Evans & Smith - COY

Reply #645767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont know that Schwagmeyer will get MVP with Fipps on the team this year.

Reply #645768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lako for COY to make everyone explode.

Reply #645769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did think that about Schwagmeyer, but looking at the other top teams, PL have had an even spread all year, Boag/Gilday/Milo will all take votes from each other. Kisha Lee could be a smoky, Barr as well but she hasn't shared the ball all year and might not get votes from coaches. Lakeside's best have been Schwagmeyer and Fipps so not as much vote stealing as other teams perhaps?

Reply #645771 | Report this post

Ballsup  
Years ago

Chastity Reed - Rockingham - noone taking votes off her in that team

Reply #645785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She was late to the team though?

Reply #645787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reed shouldnt win, missed six games, and Flames only won three with her in the lineup out of their six total. She made them worse by taking 25 shots a game and not looking for her teammates

Reply #645794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KLARA WISCHER WILL WIN THE WOMENS MVP
GEORGIA DENEHEY MOST IMPROVED
DOCCY SMITH COACH OF THE YEAR

Reply #645797 | Report this post

my2cents  
Years ago

new thread for septmeber
https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/41731-wa-sbl-september-2017/

Reply #645798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally after all that money redbacks have spent over the years they finally won chip! If only they had worked out it was going to take Redhage to do so earlier Ha Ha lol

Reply #645839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most NBL players of his calibre don't bother with state league after their NBL playing days. But Redhage - he hungry for dat money! Does the guy ever sleep betwen financial planning full time, SBL commitments AND school basketball clinics side business. Get rich or die trying.

Reply #645843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It almost sounds like you're criticising him.

Reply #645845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saying Redbacks very lucky to stumble upon him after years of burning $$$$ as usually that sort of player wouldn't bother.

Reply #645846 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yes, I'm sure Redhage is delighted with the tens of dollars he made playing SBL this year.

Reply #645849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Tens of dollars" - wrong.

Reply #645863 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nobody in the SBL is earning 'just in it for the money' money.

Reply #645876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody is making tens of dollars either.

Reply #645879 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

If you cant see the biceps in a sports jacket then it means he doesn't lift. Talking about lifting, why does Nordheok think he is big?

Reply #646110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nebs you have an odd obsession.

Reply #646111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz, pls dont comment on our site anymore.

thank you

Reply #646113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Haha, yeah I co-sign that but it won't stop him.

"tens of dollars" LOL an all-time classic!

Reply #646116 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Koberulz, pls dont comment on our site anymore.
It's not your site.

Reply #646120 | Report this post

Simon Petersen  
Years ago

Odd obsession? Yeah because bodybuilding is really odd.... idiot.

Reply #646222 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

I am tall and lanky so I guess I don't have a say. However, don't go around with your mates thinking you are Arnie.

Reply #646223 | Report this post

Aaron Bowles  
Years ago

POINTSSS!!!!!

Reply #646225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has an odd obsession with that Tinley dude's body... idiot!

Reply #646229 | Report this post

Nebs  
Years ago

Idiot.

Reply #646233 | Report this post

Mitchell Tinley  
Years ago

A bit late to the response party sorry fellas, I was too busy hosting Nationals and being the highest paid SBL court announcer in the league. I'd say I'd see you guys this year but I'm already calling all the games for the defending champions of the SEABL so I guess I'll see you all in your mothers basements when I come over to visit.

Reply #675682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754