Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Likelihood of Prather NBA call-up?

Prather should garner more NBA interest than he ever has, so how likely is it that he'll see out the NBL season?

Topic #41768 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What if the scouts read the thread of salty Wildcats fans saying the loss of Prather is no big deal?

Reply #646390 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Damn, you're right. Everyone listens to Perth fans

Reply #646392 | Report this post

B.O  
Years ago

Is it it plausible that a dominant showing vs OKC could lead to a call up? or even them or another club pinching Goulding?

I'm looking forward to see how Prather goes as "the guy" against an NBA squad.

Reply #646395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA knows what Goulding is after a few summer leagues, a stint in europe and an Olympic campaign. There are a lot more better at his role closer to home. Prather won't or shouldn't be called up on the basis of one game. Going to the G-league would've served as a better platform to consistently remind teams of his potential playing against guys on two way contracts, not saying it can't happen with the path he's chosen just that its unlikely.

Reply #646407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. I think United fans can feel pretty secure that they won't lose him. I think he is NBA quality but if he was going to go then it would have happened by now. This pathway is now exhausted. If he is serious about an NBA gig he should have changed course instead of signing in the NBL again.

Reply #646408 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah, so he turned down a two-way contract?

I just assumed he wasn't offered one

Reply #646409 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Misread it^

But yeah it makes sense that he'll stay the season's entirety

Reply #646410 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

NBA is always "right place, right time" to a certain extent, but for someone in Prather's position at this time of year, it'd take some serious luck for him to get a call up, I would've thought.

Not impossible though. If he shoots 30 against OKC, and there's a team who happens to be looking for a third string small forward, he might get a call for a try-out. So- a small chance of a try-out, and from there, a small chance of getting signed. Summary: Unlikely...

Reply #646411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest contributor to Prather not making the NBA is his inability to shoot the 3 at a good clip, he's had 3 years to improve in that area and hasn't done enough to warrant an NBA call up yet so it is highly unlikely he will get a call up. Goulding has no chance, he has been on the NBA radar in the past but as mentioned earlier he hasn't shown the ability to have an impact outside of the NBL and there are far better options for NBA teams in the G League and Europe.

Reply #646412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather was never offered a two way, had training camp deals but turned them down

Reply #646431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754