Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Homicide appreciation thread

Hats off to the man.

Truth bombs about how the Kings players are "stealing money" etc. and the post-game interview with Majok.

Really making strides

Topic #41999 | Report this topic

Bol  
Years ago

Hes certainly entertaining

Reply #652067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, I've changed my opinion. Hope he keeps it up.

Reply #652069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long timing coming - someone who is telling it how it is in the NBL commentary booth.

Reply #652070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had an appalling start but now he is legit.

Reply #652071 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yup, agree he started off cringeworthy, but the last couple of games I've actually been pretty impressed...

Reply #652073 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Like the premature grey hairs on my head, I have accepted he's here to stay and it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Reply #652085 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

He wears his heart on his sleeve and his filter is set to brutally honest.

I'm an unshamed Homicide fan and i do not care who knows it.

Reply #652088 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"stealing money" - that was Gold. I think he was still keen to slip on some kit.

Reply #652090 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The whole crew they have on commentary this year is working well. Even Redhage is getting better, as sick as it makes me feel to say that.

Reply #652091 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm drawing the line there, Angus.

Reply #652099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage only barely works if playing off of Homicide.

Reply #652100 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Redhage is a bore and... grrr... don't get me started on those red pricks. Had just gotten them out of my head

Reply #652101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's the most boring whitebread player in NBL history.

Reply #652102 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

WHITEBREAD.

While I'm showing love, got to show love to the NBL and their match reporting. Been getting better over the last couple seasons

Reply #652104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be nice now if the Aussie commentary would stop talking up there mates now as well, sick of how good Cadee is and Greer talking up his ex team mate Pineau up, we actually see what's happening out there.

Reply #652105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one believed me how boring Redhage was until he started commentating. Still not happy to be proven right because it's that painful to listen to.

Reply #652108 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

What did homicide say about kings players stealing money?

Reply #652124 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Yes, Redhage sounds like a 12-year-old reading his first speech to a school assembly, but I think he'll get better. There have been fleeting, and i mean fleeting, glimpses of personality.

Reply #652125 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

we also have to remember he's new to this talking to anyone who doesn't have a whistle thing. Be patient.

Reply #652127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He basically admitted he was pussy whipped by his wife in the first Perth telecast. Does that count as personality?

Reply #652129 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Homicide sayings Kings players stealing money is quite hypocritical.

Reply #652137 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Homocide was league MVP so if anyone should get paid its the MVP

Reply #652160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing you have to give Homicide credit for is.. he isn't afraid to speak the truth!!

Most commentators are fence sitters(Greer,Redhage etc) or those who read from their Black books of notes from the early 90's and you have the one who really should stick to calling rugby.

Homicide has no filter when he's behind the mic and makes for good conversation.

Lets see if he's told to tone it down to avoid hurting some of the players or coaches feelings.

Reply #652164 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

One thing you have to give Homicide credit for is.. he isn't afraid to speak the truth!!
Like saying that he'd heard rumours about Childress signing with Adelaide, and then crowing that 'YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!' when he got confirmation, despite starting those rumours almost an hour after it was officially announced?

Reply #652171 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I dont really sense good chemistry with the commentary team whenever Homicide is involved. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if his co-commentators want to punch him in the mouth at times. He may be entertaining for the under 12 audience, or the wannabe gangsta market, but hes pure garbage as a professional commentator who adds nothing of interest to the broadcast.

One massive annoyance I have of him at the moment: since when does a persons appearance mean anything?? Kyle Adnam looks more like a surfer than a baller? Give it a rest Corey! Sorry, I know this is an appreciation thread but I couldnt help it.

Reply #652175 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

He's improved in leaps and bounds. When he came into round 1 I was wondering if he even cared about the league, now he's leading the debates on who is the best point guard, and is basically speaking truths many commentators are too PC to. He has got his act together and now I like him.

Reply #652176 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Since it's an appreciation thread... I may be a Perth member but Homicide I appreciate you asking Redhage, which of him, Vukona, Rychart or Boucher was the dirtiest player in league history... gotta love questions without warning!

Let's be honest here, we had all the twitter build up of who is the better point guard between Hammer and Homicide and yet we DON'T have them both on commentary, that would have been epic but it was a bit of a let down hearing Redhage.

Oh look to appreciate Homicide we have to hate on someone else.

He was spot on about Kings players not playing hard enough and not earning their pays. Singh is a massive man and yet he doesn't try to impose himself at all... why not set some bone crunching screens and show your team mates that you mean business... Sydney are going to be embarrassing until they get their shit together

Reply #652199 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I love the man honestly I have been a kings fan for over 25 years and the only reason I didn't switch off the Adelaide game at 3 quarters was because I wanted to listen to Corey. Loved him as a player love him as a colour commentator.

Reply #652215 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

he is growing in me. I wasn't a big fan at all to start off with and while he can still get annoying at times, I love the banter and discussions he creates.

His Twitter game is hillarious at times and he is not scared to say what everyone else is thinking.

Reply #652222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Say what everyone else is thinking" is code for “speaks shit about things only dumb people think.” See Trump, Donald.

Reply #652223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trump is awesome.

Reply #652231 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Train, that's kinda weird if he's growing in you. Don't like that image

Reply #652233 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the issue two seasons ago was when he was used as the sole special comments guy. Whenever he's been in a three-man team I reckon he's entertaining because there is someone else actually analysing the game.

Re Redhage, while his delivery is plain I really enjoy his contributions, being straight out of the game his analysis is more up-to-date than the other special comments guys.

Reply #652238 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@Manu - I'm a feral Wildcats fan....I have all sorts of things growing on me ;)

Reply #652256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide said today that if Melbourne was serious about winning today's game they would have to sit Goulding on the bench.

Good hard comments, I think most of the other commentators only praise CG43.

It did feel today that the commentary team was cheering Melbourne on.

Reply #652368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide
DAYLIGHT
Redhage
DAYLIGHT
MOONLIGHT
Shane Heal

Reply #652370 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #659373 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754