TokotoRulz
Years ago

Possible Scenario - Garlepp to Perth for Knight

If Knight is out for the season/career, is it plausible for Garlepp to end up at the Wildcats this season?

Could this be done? Could it work?

Are player agents allowed to talk to other teams whilst they are contracted to a team?

Would the Wildcats want Garlepp?

Thoughts?

Topic #42095 | Report this topic

J-dogg  
Years ago

Seems a good idea to me as a Perth fan. Knight is cooked

Reply #654819 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Also agree with the idea but not sure it is within the rules?.
The other option for Perth is upgrading Rhys Vague to main squad and giving Cooke more opportunity.

Reply #654831 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Cooke, gone pf import.

Reply #654833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta get Vague into the team, the kid can put up buckets! He is the white chocolate of the NBL

Reply #654839 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wasn't it last year that Isaiah Tueta played for NZ then onto Brisbane?

I don't know the rules, but if the Kings were to release Garlepp from his contract and Garlepp agreed to it, then he'd be free.

So given Tueta was a 'free agent' (I know we don't have free agency in NBL like NBA) and could play for 2 teams, so could Garlepp.

However this won't happen.

JvG has come out and said that Garlepp is 100% on board and committed to the Kings new direction of giving him reduced minutes (5.5mpg).

Reply #654847 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

It can certainly be done, Cats need to ask Kings first to approach him. If they allow it, that means they have interest in releasing him.

If Garlepp and Kings agree then its off to JLo to get special consideration I think. Having said that, Kings may not agree until Lisch returns.

Reply #654861 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Not sure they would take him or want him. But if Knight pulls the pin it would be worth exploring.

Reply #654866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't think he would fit in with the wildcats culture TBH.

Reply #654868 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He did previously.

Reply #654885 | Report this post

Dione 74  
Years ago

Why would he go? Same money as per contract whether it's 5 or 45 minutes per game.
Wife is working in Sydney, big support family in Sydney and Wollongong. Studies are in Sydney.
Will prob retire at end of contract.
Tommy is laughing.

Reply #654888 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I remember one year Axel Dench came to some sort of agreement where the Tigers (I think) released him and the 36ers picked him up and his contract was partially paid by the Tigers.

Reply #654891 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

F&^ck the Kings. Sit on your arse buddy and cash your cheques. That shithole of an organisation deserve no consideration

Reply #654895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New baby too. He's going nowhere and knew exactly what he was in for. Take the money. Train hard and take the money. Rack up the FF points too. Quality person, and a quality player playing under JVG, and the clueless Gaze and the Tigers entourage.

Reply #655000 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Been done before,
But what would be the motivation in this case?
Why would Sydney release him?
Why would the Cats want him?
Why would he want to return to Perth?

Does raise an interesting question though. If Knight did retire, what type of player might the Wildcats look for to fill out their roster?
(Assuming hypothetically they had the luxury of choosing from a wide array.)

Reply #655009 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

You'd imagine that most big men not in the NBL would jump at the opportunity to be on the Wildcats roster but Vague's time in fast approaching and with the lack of actual Western Australians surely getting a player like Vague in their lineup would make more sense.

But say for arguments sake that the Wildcats do approach a team with an unhappy player on the last year of his contract and want him as a big man replacement... surely that club is Illawarra and that man is Cody Ellis, I know he wants to come home next season so ideally let's give Vague a go and if he isn't ready then look at Cody

Reply #655020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Knight retires, I think the Wildcats need to upgrade their third import. Garlepp isn't the answer - he isn't a good player.

Reply #655057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754