Udog
Years ago

Joey Wright protest?

Did anyone see the post Melbourne game press conference? Did Joey Wright explain his reasoning for the ejection? He kept saying he was shitty about the grabbing that United were able to get away with so I'm guessing it was a protest to highlight this fact.

Earlier this year I remember he had a sly dig at United when he said something like "it's amazing the team they've managed to put together within the salary cap". He might think they're getting too much help on and off the court?

Topic #42109 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no salary cap anymore, Someone needs to tell him.

Reply #655297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Joey Wright who coached the cap-busting Bullets when there was a salary cap?

Reply #655320 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

He has said they got 14 FT's after his ejection. Pretty obvious to me what his point was. Pop got ejected the other day must mean the Spurs are done as no one will want to play for him anymore

2/3 of the refs called bit 36ers games this week. Both games the 36ers were hit on rebounds and drives with no calls

2/3 refs counted Prathers shit which was clearly after the siren and only canceled after they review it. If refs can’t get simple things like shot clock violations correct then other calls are questionable too

The quality of play in th NBL exceeds the refs quality.

Reply #655332 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Any decent refs in NZNBL?

Reply #655335 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Looked like they stopped calling fouls on Melbourne after 1/4 time.

Reply #655337 | Report this post

Of course it was a protest. He's done it before and he'll no doubt do it again.

Reply #655548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754